Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You And The 92

13»

Comments

• Options
    after Cambridge last Tuesday, I’ve done 85 out of the current 92.

Of the 85, only three weren’t with Charlton (West Ham, Spurs and AFC Wimbledon’s new grounds - I went to their league game against Sunderland in Feb, not our game a few weeks ago).

I lose Scunthorpe and Oldham this season but should regain Stockport and maybe one other if Chesterfield, Grimsby or Notts County come back up, but I’ll discount that for now and say I’ll be on 84 out of the 92 at the end of the season 

Next year I’ll have to do Forest Green and as above, one of Sutton or Salford would also be new.  

Best case scenario is I get Stockport plus one of Notts County, Chesterfield and Grimsby to come up, Sutton or Salford to accompany Forest Green.  That way I have 2 new grounds next season, plus 2 I’ve been to coming up from the conference will put me on 87

It will never happen like that and I expect to tread water around late 70s early 80s now until I make a conscious choice to go each of the remaining grounds - unlikely you can ever do them all with Charlton 

I have Newport, Sutton, Salford, Harrowgate, Barrow, Brentford (new ground) & Forest Green 
  • Options
    61 out of the current grounds, according to Football Ground Map which doesn't include clubs where I've not been to their current ground, like Brentford, West Ham and Spurs. Been to the Olympic Stadium a few times in its various forms, but not for football. It does include the Emirates, for a non Charlton match.

It's not something I've actively chasing anyway. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    after Cambridge last Tuesday, I’ve done 85 out of the current 92.

Of the 85, only three weren’t with Charlton (West Ham, Spurs and AFC Wimbledon’s new grounds - I went to their league game against Sunderland in Feb, not our game a few weeks ago).

I lose Scunthorpe and Oldham this season but should regain Stockport and maybe one other if Chesterfield, Grimsby or Notts County come back up, but I’ll discount that for now and say I’ll be on 84 out of the 92 at the end of the season 

Next year I’ll have to do Forest Green and as above, one of Sutton or Salford would also be new.  

Best case scenario is I get Stockport plus one of Notts County, Chesterfield and Grimsby to come up, Sutton or Salford to accompany Forest Green.  That way I have 2 new grounds next season, plus 2 I’ve been to coming up from the conference will put me on 87

It will never happen like that and I expect to tread water around late 70s early 80s now until I make a conscious choice to go each of the remaining grounds - unlikely you can ever do them all with Charlton 

I have Newport, Sutton, Salford, Harrowgate, Barrow, Brentford (new ground) & Forest Green 
    Great effort cabbs, well done mate.
  • Options
    74/92 current grounds
    76/92 of the league clubs.

I need to speak to the rulemakers though because I have been to the old Plough Lane - can I tick it over to 75?

This season has been very fruitful - added Lincoln, Burton, Cambridge and, most pleasingly, Hartlepool....

The first fixture I'll be looking at next season is Forest Green away and keeping my fingers crossed it's on a Saturday or, even better, the Tuesday night of Cheltenham week. :smile:

Also have a keen eye on the relegation from League Two and promotion from the National League to see how my numbers look next season. 

As I'm updating my spreadsheet and highlighting (in green) the new grounds I'm potentially visiting that season, I wonder if I could actually get any cooler.....
  • Options
    Will look to bolster mine next season currently on 42
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    43 for me. Plenty to go in all divisions.

• Options
    67 of the current 92 grounds, though I’m going to lose Oldham this season. Don’t think its too bad a return aged 34.

I don’t agree that you have to do them with your own club though. Some people (albeit very few) might not follow a regular club in the 92.

I think it’s fair to suggest that current grounds are what counts though - that’s what keeps the challenge evolving. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    This is a great way of listing your grounds, worldwide as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    HandG said:
    As I'm updating my spreadsheet and highlighting (in green) the new grounds I'm potentially visiting that season, I wonder if I could actually get any cooler.....
    Snap
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Anybody use the Futbology app to track all the games, grounds you have been to?

Would definitely recommend it.

Made me realise the other day that the goal we scored away at Wimbledon was the 1,000th Charlton goal I’ve seen live - and that the next new ground I visit will be my 100th (hopefully Bayern Munich for Germany vs England)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Made me realise the other day that the goal we scored away at Wimbledon was the 1,000th Charlton goal I’ve seen live - and that the next new ground I visit will be my 100th (hopefully Bayern Munich for Germany vs England)
    I have beef with Futbology. Outrageously they wouldn’t let me add a fourth division match in Japan that I went to so our relationship is over. 

Re the 92, Cambridge was 77 for me, but I think I’ll be down to 75 by the time next season starts due to relegations in L2.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yes a very handy app to use. Also good to see what’s coming up fixture wise as well
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:

I have beef with Futbology. Outrageously they wouldn’t let me add a fourth division match in Japan that I went to so our relationship is over. 

Re the 92, Cambridge was 77 for me, but I think I’ll be down to 75 by the time next season starts due to relegations in L2.
    You can add fixtures manually if you just locate the stadium on the app. Have done the same when I’ve attended Charlton youth matches.
  • Options
    My one football regret, and it really annoys me, is how few away games I went to during our PL years. Tickets were clearly harder to come by, but I didn't even try, and I doubt tickets to the likes of Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Everton etc would have been that hard to get, especially after the first few seasons.
  • Options
    64 grounds visited, 55 of the current 92.

Only one of those not with Charlton and that was London stadium for West Ham v Birmingham in the cup.
  • Options
    Never really counted. Comes out at 68 under the guidelines but will lose Oldham and Scunny. A lot more if old grounds included. Been to very few aways in the last 4 years.
  • Options
    87/92 current clubs, missing Barrow, Crawley, Harrogate Newport & Salford
    84/92 current grounds
    Been to 113 grounds of the current 92 clubs watching Charlton.
    Also been to 16 National League grounds, 12 with Charlton.
  • Options
    I'm slightly confused with the 92. The 92 League clubs change every season, with two being relegated to non-league. So how do you decipher the 92? Is it the 92 stadiums at the time of starting?
    There are no rules, only choices.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    104 of the current 92, 19 in the National Leagues.
    Around another 20 from non-league other and abroad.
  • Options
    104 of the current 92, 19 in the National Leagues.
    Around another 20 from non-league other and abroad.
  • Options
    clive said:
    84/92 current grounds

Blimey, that's cool.
    I am surprised if you still get the time now after compiling Covid19 statistics.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Blimey, that's cool.
    I am surprised if you still get the time now after compiling Covid19 statistics.
    Got to have something to do on all those long depressing trips home. I bet compiling a load of death statistics is just the ticket.  ;)
  • Options
    clive said:
    84/92 current grounds
    Clive, I'm somewhat taken aback that you didn't go to Crawley.
    https://www.11v11.com/matches/crawley-town-v-charlton-athletic-29-august-2017-354854/
  • Options
    I have a few to go but not many. https://www.footballgroundmap.com/valleyvoice
  • Options
    I’m somewhere in the early 70’s, may sit down with the league tables and do a tot up later.
  • Options
    This is an excellent website! I remember something similar years ago, but you couldn't add old grounds, so it was a bit annoying.

Just done the football league and I've visited 82 in total, although only a paltry 62 of the current 92.

Not bad though as the last new ground I visited with Charlton was Burnley when SCP was still manager.