Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tranmere v Charlton Match Thread

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Charlton: Wormer; Francis, Jackson, Llera, Doherty; Martin, Semedo, Racon, Wagstaff; Benson, Anyinsah.

Subs: Daniels, Fry, Fortune, McCormack, Reid, Abbott, Sodje.

Tranmere: Gulacsi: Blanchard, Cresswell, Grandison, Goodison; Akins, Mendy, Labady, Welsh, Morrow; Showunmi.

Subs: Collister, Cathalina, Wood, Fraughan, Jennings, Power, Bakayogo.

Llera back in to deal with Showunmi in the air? Can't see why Fry was dropped otherwise. Good to see Racon in for McCormack. We should be a bit different with Anyinsah adding pace up front.

Comments

• Options
    COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can't believe he has dropped Fry for Llera, Does he watch the same matches as us?
    If they score the first goal we could get thrashed with that defence.
    Will it be a 4-5-1 with Anyinsah on the wing or 4-4-2 with Anyinsah playing as a striker?
  • Options
    OS says 4-4-2 with Wagstaff on the left. Guess we can easily switch Wagstaff, Martin and Anyinsah around if needed.
  • Options
    Llera!? Is parky on a wind up?

Hopefully it's:

Waggy Racon Semedo Anyinsah
    Martin
    Benson

but doubt it
  • Options
    Who is 'Daniels'?
  • Options
    Just read your post on the other thread.
    Sounds like it could be a tight match if there playing 4-5-1, the match will be won or lost in the midfield.
    Lets hope that Jose & Thierry are on form!
  • Options
    Our loanee goalkeeper
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Who is 'Daniels'?[/quote]

The new keeper from West Brom, Luke Daniels.
  • Options
    I didn't even realised we'd made that signing, oops.
  • Options
    Good midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hope it is Benson up front with Martin behind and two pacy wingers providing pin point crosses for a Benno poachers hat-trick
  • Options
    Fry has clearly been left out to give us some height against Showunmi. Personally would have dropped Jackson and put Fry left back.

Would prefer Martin left and Wagstaff right.

Birthday today. We have never picked up 3 points on my birthday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Who is 'Daniels'?

Luke Matthew Daniels...were his parents religious?

Anyway West Brom have kindly lent him to us for bench warming duties.
  • Options
    Does anyone know about radio coverage for this one? I looked at BBC Radio London's website and they are going with Spurs v Wolves. BBC R Kent say's preview with live coverage for us, but it also says that for Bradford v Gills and theirs is at the top of the page.
  • Options
    Hmmmn....Reid, Mac, and Pavel all unexpectedly dropped....fair enough you can see a case for each of those regulars, competition for places is supposed to mean something so we shall see.
  • Options
    Wagstaff for reid , ridiculous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Does anyone know about radio coverage for this one? I looked at BBC Radio London's website and they are going with Spurs v Wolves. BBC R Kent say's preview with live coverage for us, but it also says that for Bradford v Gills and theirs is at the top of the page.

www.cafctv.co.uk
  • Options
    I understand Abbot being dropped, think he tweaked his hamstring in training this week. Reid is a strange one but we all know his fitness is crap so maybe it is a calculated risk.

Glad to see he had the balls to drop Mac for Therry - something we all seem to be clamouring for.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    OK coverage and updates....this is Seth not my son PaddyP17 who is so fast at providing updates while we listen to CAFC TV. I am waiting for CAFCTV to kick in, and will happily provide updates as best as I can, but I will make loads of typos and other errors.
    Is everybody here also listening, and are updates needed, or shall I carry on? I know other lifers listen too, so maybe between us we can keep people informed. Needed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Hmmmn....Reid, Mac, and Pavel all unexpectedly dropped....fair enough you can see a case for each of those regulars, competition for places is supposed to mean something so we shall see.
    Reid the only one unexpected. McCormack came off at half time last week. Abbott picked up a knock this week, was a doubt, and hardly got into the game at all last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Does anyone know about radio coverage for this one? I looked at BBC Radio London's website and they are going with Spurs v Wolves. BBC R Kent say's preview with live coverage for us, but it also says that for Bradford v Gills and theirs is at the top of the page.

www.cafctv.co.uk

Thanks Reserves, unfortunately I need a freebie option.
  • Options
    Glad to see McCormack out, he was terrible last week imo - never got into the game and bottled too many challenges.

Not sure about Fry being dropped, thought he played well last week apart from the penalty. At least we are now in a position where we can ring the changes a bit and still put out a competitive side.
  • Options
    Raining and a 'zippy' surface, but pitch pretty flat it seems.
    Coverage started with an unfamiliar commentator to me, and Tony Flood...we're all red, they're all white.
    Difficult journey for away fans it seems, so respect to them.

When the red red robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head,
    Get up, get up get out of bed,
    Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red,
    Live long, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue,
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers,
    Rain may glisten but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes Bob Bob Bobbin’ along!
  • Options
    Normally radio kent cover our games on 774mw. The only place i get any decent reception for that is in the car. Although they do sometimes stick us on the digital option.
  • Options
    We are off, Joe A a bit lively but dealt with. Warner has an early touch, tranmere approach but francis defends well
  • Options
    COYR 2-0 Benson first goal
  • Options
    Plenty of charlton there apparently!
  • Options
    Joe A is Joe Ayinsah
    Our support is evident, we have an attacking throw, ball into box, through to waggy, jose pressured and tranmere overcome him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Normally radio kent cover our games on 774mw. The only place i get any decent reception for that is in the car. Although they do sometimes stick us on the digital option.

Excellent - thank you, yes we are on 774. :-)
  • Options
    Wooo hooo sounds a good positive start for us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!