Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tranmere vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    At least Millwall lost 6-1, at home and to Watford.
  • Options
    yep that did make me smile
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i know did 85 hours last week, never been so busy and dont want to let my customers down.Going to be like this for another 3 weeks,but things have got to change as I can't go on like this.My brother is going start doing a night shift next week between 9-6 which should mean we can catch up a lot with print machine running all day.Feckin world cup I was knocking kits out in 2 weeks before it, nobody ordered feck all whilst it was on, then took 2 months worth of orders within a week.

I guess it's a good thing that there's so much work on though, yeah? (Though I don't spose it really feels that way when you're flogging your guts out)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i know did 85 hours last week, never been so busy and dont want to let my customers down.Going to be like this for another 3 weeks,but things have got to change as I can't go on like this.My brother is going start doing a night shift next week between 9-6 which should mean we can catch up a lot with print machine running all day.Feckin world cup I was knocking kits out in 2 weeks before it, nobody ordered feck all whilst it was on, then took 2 months worth of orders within a week.

I guess it's a good thing that there's so much work on though, yeah? (Though I don't spose it really feels that way when you're flogging your guts out)

the thing with us is we have built the business on good customer serice and we are renound for it so we are striving to keep that reputation.
  • Options
    Just back from the game (via a cup of tea in Liverpool).

We were up against 12 men today. This joke of a referee brings home just how depressing the whole situation is; in this league the refs are so poor you need to be extra good to cancel out their incompetence. However, this clown seemed so biased, that if this were a game of cricket, the ECB would be investigating by now.....

We did well in the first half hour and it looked like an easy 3 points. After that we started committing loads of (actual) fouls. In the second half we started committing loads of (fictional) fouls that only the ref could see. In addition we were being hacked down, pulled back, you name it....and the twat never seemed to think anything of it. The most blatant case could (and arguably should) have resulted in a red card as I think it was a clear block on the route to goal - it was one of those fouls that became comical it was so blatant - but the ref saw nothing. Nothing at all.

Predictably, they then scored - no idea who was at fault, if anybody. The home crowd then woke up (they were absolutely silent before this point - mainly due to the early goal) and it became competitive. After the goal we just started hoofing it (despite cries from the crowd to keep it on the deck) and deserved absolutely sod all as a result. They coped with it without breaking sweat. It was woeful and entirely predictable that we would not score.

Props to Waggy (very determined and a real team player) and Martin (showed some great skill at times) who stuck out for me. Ayinsah toiled away as best he could. Miguel looked dodgy and his distribution was pony. After this performance, I have serious concerns about Benson - he might as well have not been there. For a quarter of a million pound gamble it is not looking good. As predicted by some on this board, he simply doesn't fit our style of play and brings little to our team as a whole. If he is going to prove anything other than a massive waste of money we don't have and a monument to Parkinson's lack of judgement, then he had better get his shit together pronto.

We had confidence and produced some great chances from some good football in the first half hour, then we looked like an outfit that barely knew how to play in the second half - it is worrying how this happens on a regular basis. We hammered these lot at their place last season and still didn't get promoted, so I don't know where this result leaves us.

Oh and well done to the fans that travelled from the homelands....they made some good noise and stayed loyal and supportive throughout.

I need a drink after this shyte. The pub beckons.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    Careful you don't cut yourself there with that razor sharp "wit".

thanks for your "concern".
  • Options
    What does your company do Steve?
  • Options
    work hard for three weeks a year
  • Options
    A draw at Tranmere isn't good enough. I reckon even if we lose to Dagenham excuses will still be made. We need a couple of big victories. Our goalscoring is pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]A draw at Tranmere isn't good enough. I reckon even if we lose to Dagenham excuses will still be made. We need a couple of big victories. Our goalscoring is pathetic.

the apologists have been accepting of all the shit in recent years

but we've got to remember we're a third tier club with a third tier manager and a third tier team so mid table is about right anything else is a bonus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate on train home:
    Two bob second half, need a goalscorer. semedo/Racon outplayed in midfield, spent most of the game moaning at the ref. deserved no more than a point. mom - Martin.
  • Options
    charlton goalkeeper made a world class save in the secound half ,
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Concerned.

One (very fortunate) win in our last five. Parky should thank Lee Hughes or his neck would be on the line next weekend.
  • Options
    BigStemmra has got it spot on excellent summary. First time I had seen Benson, in the pub before hand the jury was out re his performance... BigS was being generous Benson was sadly anonymous. But hey it is early days and he has joined a 'big' club by his standards. Enoch Showunmi sttod out for me in the Tranmere 11 never let Llera settle... far better than the performance he put in for Leeds vs CAFC at Elland Road last season. Mr P Gibbs was an absolute joke at times
  • Options
    getting fed up of hearing the ref this the ref that

if they are chalking off goals and denying us blatent pens then fair enough but they are not, we need to play football score goals and get in to the groove quickly

anouther poor result and a substandard performance glam it up how you want but we are pony right now and sooner or later something will have to change completely fecked off with the results and performances

poxy fooking weekend again.

going cabbing now football can piss off for a while
  • Options
    We have got worse every season for the last 6 seasons - why on earth does anybody think we're going to get better this year?!
  • Options
    Please get rid of Abbott and Costello.

Waggy, Akpo, Tuna and Martin will do nicely.

Need to change things before we are looking down rather than up...
  • Options
    abbott has scored goals every where else he has played !! so maybe its us not him ,like we dont get the ball in the box at all
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]We have got worse every season for the last 6 seasons - why on earth does anybody think we're going to get better this year?!

Spot on supaclive, So many fans on these forums go hip hip hooraying all over the place when they hear news of certain players being released or sold, the likes of Ambrose, Thomas, Sam, even Mooney, the list is endless if we go back 6 seasons, but what amazes me is they actually think we'll get better ones in... The facts prove otherwise..
    Right now we're looking like a mediocre 3rd Division club with in the main mediocre 3rd Division players. That's hard to take, but sadly true...
    I'll buy into this "gelling" malarkey because that could be the reason for the recent poor performances, but I'm not sure I really believe it.
  • Options
    Not sure how or even if it can be done but unless PP can find someone to be a playmaker in central midfield then I fear this season will fizzle out before it gets started. No creativity or pivot for the team at the moment and to be honest I don`t see any of the current personnel making that step up. Needing time to gel is still at the moment a plausable excuse but I will be a lot happier when I see any sign of consistency. Not time for panic yet but the warning signs are starting to flash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pathetic. Hope we improve. If we dont we wont be going up, Parky is shit. Surely RM will noitice - if it was my money....I would!
  • Options
    [ThreadKiller]7 games in, seasons over already. Parky is a wanker and i hate all our players. In fact i hate Charlton Athletic. Why do i even follow them? [/ThreadKiller]
  • Options
    Well it sounded like they were given license to beat our players up and the ref was a gutless homer and maybe even a homo...

Good on the wagstaff front, I thouhgt we were gonne get a draw and for 15 mins we sounded like we were going to let in a second...

Overal we just need to stay in touch...

Don't panic troops... stay calm...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite][ThreadKiller]7 games in, seasons over already. Parky is a wanker and i hate all our players. In fact i hate Charlton Athletic. Why do i even follow them? [/ThreadKiller]

weird.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite][ThreadKiller]7 games in, seasons over already. Parky is a wanker and i hate all our players. In fact i hate Charlton Athletic. Why do i even follow them? [/ThreadKiller]

Go follow Millwall then. They could use a few fans and you appear as supportive as a lump of butter
  • Options
    You had to be there, NLA to witness just how appalling the ref was yesterday . Unbelievable.

Those who made the trip are spot on in their summaries. GBH of the first order by the Trannies, condoned by the man in black.

On a positive note, I thought Anyinsah did well and won't get easily knocked off the ball. Martin had a decent game too and Worner made a couple of very good saves.

However,worryingly, Semedo looked really slow to me and not the rock we've come to know.

We badly need a good performance and 3 points next Saturday ( ststing the obvious !)
  • Options
    Well let's not write the team off after so many changes, BUT.....

Benson to me is looking like Luke Varney was under Pardew, his fault, not part of the team, not getting the right service!, or like lot's of other recent players not good enough!

Early opinion is that he is not the answer, but Parky will play him, again, and again, and again........because he was his main target..... we shall see!......

I was not there, so the next two homes games should give him the time and opportunity, if he is selected to come good, and score at least 2 goals.

As mentioned good to see Waggy on, has to be in the starting line up or on the bench for me, and get on!
  • Options
    every game this season bar orient there have been complaints about the ref almost its as if excuses are being made for poor results and performances and i am getting fed up hearing it. they may have been overly physical but it is tranmere they have been a physical side for years. we are in the 3rd division so the refs are going to be shite other teams seem to be overcoming it so should we
  • Options
    Repeating my thoughts from last season, but we dropped 10 points to teams who were relegated and missed promotion ourselves by 3 points.

The results against Exeter and Tranmere signal another year in L1 - assuming we still exist.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

Go follow Millwall then. They could use a few fans and you appear as supportive as a lump of butter

Weirder