Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

will you be up for the 'big' london derby?

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Hard to belive but after all the ups and downs last term Saturday is actually a derby of sorts, with only the thames and few miles along the a13 dagenham represents a home derby. Who will be having a sleepless night on friday? Who will be donning the wigs and painting there faces? Should we get to the ground early to avoid the rush get in our seats and start singing from 2pm onwards?
Or is it just another painful reminder of far we have fallen, are we going to get 16k plus for this game? Those of us who were in the liberal before the notts county game couldn't belive how quite it was.
To me and a few others I know so far this season every home game has felt like a friendly, no crowds in the boozers no atmosphere walking down floyd rd at 2.45. For the notts game I got off the bus in the village at 1.45pm , apart from a few coppers you would never know there was a game on.
I left my fellow drinkers at 2.30pm to make sure I got my programme and got in with plenty of time, this was done by 2.35pm.. my mates who I was with and sit in front of me left at 2.55pm and arrived bang on for kick off.
Will it be different on Saturday? Will the drums be banging the north upper rocking as we go toe to toe with one of our nearest rivals?

So questions are, what can the club do to get people back (winning or sacking parky don't count) do we have it in us to make this a real derby atmosphere? Or are most of us just going thru the motions?

Not sure this is a rant, just needed to air it luckily charlton life give us nutters a place to exhale and vent our thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    we don't have a derby this season in my opinion

expect them to bring 1,500 and the crowd to be between 15/16k

Cons club has still been pretty busy most home games, same faces in there each week that have been going for years.
  • Options
    Dagenham are awful, they made Bristol Rovers look like Brazil
  • Options
    I think they are the nearest club to us as the crow flies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]we don't have a derby this season in my opinion

expect them to bring 1,500 and the crowd to be between 15/16k

Cons club has still been pretty busy most home games, same faces in there each week that have been going for years.

Dagenham's home gate against Bristol Rovers was 2,287. Bristol Rovers travel quite well so will be amazed if they bring 1,500. They had 500 for the JPT I reckon you can probably add 100 or so to that and that will be it.
  • Options
    didn't realise their gate was that small !!, maybe only 700 then......not fussed personally, my birthday next week so a crowd of us will be on it all day starting nice and early.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    They took 640 to Sheffield Weds, so i reckon they'll easily bring 900-1000 to us. They brought 520 in the JPT which lets face it is a good effort considering how many people actually care about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]They took 640 to Sheffield Weds, so i reckon they'll easily bring 900-1000 to us. They brought 520 in the JPT which lets face it is a good effort considering how many people actually care about it.

Thing to consider is, the JPT was £10.00. They are now on a poor run and their home gates are already tailing off - first home game was around 4,000 I believe. People that had jumped on the bandwagon are clearly jumping off again already!

Our away tickets are not cheap, £25.00 will put off the part-timers who might turn up for a bigger game. Will be amazed if they bring more than 700.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]They took 640 to Sheffield Weds, so i reckon they'll easily bring 900-1000 to us. They brought 520 in the JPT which lets face it is a good effort considering how many people actually care about it.

Are West Ham at home? If so, then they'll do well to bring a couple of hundred...
  • Options
    We really should be looking to win this game by at least 3 goals. Its the perfect opportunity for some confidence building
  • Options
    Every game for me is a derby and a cup final this year. Need to have that mentality because gone are the days when i used to have a butchers to see what tasty fixtures were coming up and when and now i just look and hope to see where we should get three points.

After Millwall last year I dont want another proper local london derby for a while! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

Are West Ham at home? If so, then they'll do well to bring a couple of hundred...

Yep, at home to Spurs
  • Options
    west ham have spurs at home, so they'll lose the fans that casual follow them as a second team. I doubt they'll bring more than 600, but we'll see.
    More importantly we need a convincing win, whether we get that is an even bigger question.
  • Options
    Question is how many would we have taken there for the JPT don't think it would have been many more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]We really should be looking to win this game by at least 3 goals. Its the perfect opportunity for some confidence building

Well thats that jinxed then
  • Options
    Most can see about 1000 from the daggers but thats about 40% of their home crowd, more of a big london derby for them rather than us
    Im hoping this is the game that could get are season going by putting a nice run together,
    however said the same thing after the Notts County game
  • Options
    Think we'll struggle.

It's never fair when you have to play two teams at the same time.
  • Options
    As of today, West Ham have still got over 4,000 tickets unsold for their annual Cup Final against Spurs. You might see a bigger crowd at the Daggers than you think!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]As of today, West Ham have still got over 4,000 tickets unsold for their annual Cup Final against Spurs. You might see a bigger crowd at the Daggers than you think!

Dunno where you get your info from but its bloody way off. Cup final ha ha, oh dear the yids are getting above themselves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]They took 640 to Sheffield Weds
    Wow good turnout !!(New ground alert)

Let's face it this shows what a dog & duck league we're in and how far we have fallen and on saturday I will definitely be" going thru the emotions"
  • Options
    edited September 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]As of today, West Ham have still got over 4,000 tickets unsold for their annual Cup Final against Spurs. You might see a bigger crowd at the Daggers than you think!

Dunno where you get your info from but its bloody way off. Cup final ha ha, oh dear the yids are getting above themselves.

I read that on another site. But this shows your support is still absolutely piss poor quite frankly. Nevermind, you'll have 30,000 unsold tickets if you get the Olympic Stadium eh? And yes, enjoy your Cup Final at the weekend.
  • Options
    The point of this thread was not about how many the daggers will bring and if west ham will fill the olympic stadium. The point was are WE going to be up for it? Or as so many seem to be doing is just turning up for turnings up sake if that makes sense. The reaction after the notts county game astounded me, we managed to nick a win and get 3 valuable points but on here you would have thought we had lost 6 nil and lee hughes took a dump in the north upper. Its still so early in the season for people to be so bloody depressed and miserable, yes were not playing barcelona esque free flowing attacking football but another 40 results the same as the notts county game will everyone still be moaning? We have a good starting xi and we will be there or there abouts come may. So whose up for saturday?
  • Options
    Good boy rodders you know it makes sense my son...
  • Options
    Would have been but have to go to a wedding.

Bride's father is also a season ticket holder so there could be eruptions from the congregation during the course of the ceremony if we score.

Benson-1st goalscorer.
  • Options
    The East Stand Ultras are ready and waiting!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]

I read that on another site. Butthisshows your support is still absolutely piss poor quite frankly. Nevermind, you'll have 30,000 unsold tickets if you get the Olympic Stadium eh? And yes, enjoy your Cup Final at the weekend.

So not quite the 4000 you said then? Typical yid always exaggerating. Lets face it, its more your cup final than ours seeing its the only real big london game you stand a chance of winning. Just remembered why i f***ing hate yids. Oh and on the subject of piss poor support. Still plenty of seats left for your game tonight against your north london leaders. Cant you fill home games these days? Thought you were a big club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]

I read that on another site. But[url=http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100920/under-2500-tickets-left-for-spurs_2236884_2159270]this[/url]shows your support is still absolutely piss poor quite frankly. Nevermind, you'll have 30,000 unsold tickets if you get the Olympic Stadium eh? And yes, enjoy your Cup Final at the weekend.

So not quite the 4000 you said then? Typical yid always exaggerating. Lets face it, its more your cup final than ours seeing its the only real big london game you stand a chance of winning. Just remembered why i f***ing hate yids. Oh and on the subject of piss poor support. Still plenty of seats left for your game tonight against your north london leaders. Cant you fill home games these days? Thought you were a big club

lolololololol. For your information, the tickets for Spurs reserves v Arsenal reserves sold out last week - see here Our Cup Final? You're having a laugh.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]I am.

You beering on Saturday pal?
  • Options
    Why exactly are a Spurs fan and a West Ham fan arguing on a Charlton message board?