Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford (a)

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Is this likely to sell out or could I get my tickets at the MK dons game?
Numbers sold?

Comments

• Options
    1000 left yesterday only 700 sold. They are now on general sale. Looking like we will not sell out. However, if we win 5-0 on Saturday :-)
  • Options
    Tempted, although £20 a go is putting me off
  • Options
    A pub in each corner of a football ground cannot be turned down.
  • Options
    5 of us going. Can't wait.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Tempted, although £20 a go is putting me off[/quote]

£20? How much should it be?
  • Options
    Got our 4, me and my sons - can't wait, nice local one (except for the eldest who lives in Bexleyheath).
  • Options
    Got my tickets on the terrace, reckon we should go close to selling out with over a week left and a home game in between.
  • Options
    My son's first away game and my first for years. New ground for me too, really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    At least they've put a roof over the terrace so we shouldnt get a repeat of Yeovil. I like Griffin Park. Used to watch the London Broncos there. Great old fashion stadium.

Grand day out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]At least they've put a roof over the terrace so we shouldnt get a repeat of Yeovil. I like Griffin Park. Used to watch the London Broncos there. Great old fashion stadium.

Grand day out.

Think we're in the opposite end to the one you're thinking of. Last season we were in the two tier stand with terracing at pitch level and seats above. Home fans were in the end that used to be uncovered.

We won't be getting wet anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made a good bit of noise in there last year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]A pub in each corner of a football ground cannot be turned down.

Didn't realise until last year that one of them's the West London Celitc Supporters Club HQ !!

[cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Made a good bit of noise in there last year.

Did we sell out last year ? I was in the seats, no leg room at all so might stand instead this year.
  • Options
    I would definitely stand mate. The Terrace was packed last year
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Piss up on the Thames. Raises eyes to the roof and shudders!

O'riordans is a good place for a drink beforehand. We had a nice drink there last year.
  • Options
    Stood last year with my old man , good day out Brentford is, Got a seat this year front row, not looking forward to the cramp legroom row
  • Options
    Sold out last year and was a good day out. Remember an amusing little side show in the stand over to our right hand side with a group of Brentford fans kicking off with some stewards for a good 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Huh. For some reason I thought Brentford was up north. Idiot. Now I have seen its only down the river I'm going!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]Huh. For some reason I thought Brentford was up north. Idiot. Now I have seen its only down the river I'm going!

It is up north mate, well north of France anyway :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Tempted, although £20 a go is putting me off

Last season I was paying like £8-£15 odd for tickets, so around that
  • Options
    I wonder if we will manage to sell out a single away game this season. embaressingly far away from doing so at orient, and also looks like we won't do it here either despite a small allocation. dagenham seems the only likely one given that its a new ground, unless of course we make the play offs again / any last day of the season shoot out. not surprised obviously as i'm more than used to it, but i don't think i'll every understand why trips like this - to an appealing/ fun / relatively pleasant part of London which was excellent last season and is very easy to get to - do not attract more away supporters. I understand all peoples comments about the costs and family commitments and losing your whole saturday which come with following charlton away - but you could get to the game and back for a total cost of £25 for this one, leave after 1 and be back by 6 to anywhere in south-east london.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    because we have appalling away numbers mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]I wonder if we will manage to sell out a single away game this season. embaressingly far away from doing so at orient, and also looks like we won't do it here either despite a small allocation. dagenham seems the only likely one given that its a new ground, unless of course we make the play offs again / any last day of the season shoot out. not surprised obviously as i'm more than used to it, but i don't think i'll every understand why trips like this - to an appealing/ fun / relatively pleasant part of London which was excellent last season and is very easy to get to - do not attract more away supporters. I understand all peoples comments about the costs and family commitments and losing your whole saturday which come with following charlton away - but you could get to the game and back for a total cost of £25 for this one, leave after 1 and be back by 6 to anywhere in south-east london.

Reckon we will sell out Bournemouth and Daggers, I know there is a fair few left for Brentford but if (big if) we get decent results in the next two, more people may be tempted and we could come very close to sell out. Also towards the end of the season, if we are doing well, the last few away games we may sell out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Tempted, although £20 a go is putting me off

Last season I was paying like £8-£15 odd for tickets, so around that

I doubt you'll get to see many games for £8 mate unless you're going to a game in Poland or somewhere. It's £10-11 just to see Welling!
  • Options
    Think i'll give this a miss actually, what with doing a weekender in Plymouth the week after, need all the money I can get
  • Options
    Cheers for the heads up. Last time i was there for football was years ago & we were in the big terrace then.

Where is O'Roirdans B?
  • Options
    It's on the river between Kew Bridge and the Waterman's Centre in Brentford. If you get the tube to Gunnersbury, and take the 267 or 237 towards Brentford, it's about 4 stops, and the bus stops practically right outside.
  • Options
    It's easier to just get the train from waterloo to Kew Bridge station. O'Riordans was only a shortish walk from there along the river.
  • Options
    yes follow Paul's advice not Ali's. You and your family will love it to be sure to be sure!!

Ill send more details.
  • Options
    It's frequented by the stars as well, last year we saw Jim Royle. He wasn't impressed either.
  • Options
    Im kind of jealous now as oriordans was my favourite pub last season but am settling with visiting Heather down at the Rose and Crown - i shall say hi to her from you all and sound out about february.