Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Never a penalty

13»

Comments

• Options
    unnecessary, clumsy challenge by Racon. Caught the player, nowhere near the ball. Might have been soft but still a foul and hence a penalty in my book. Just because others go unpunished doesn't make it a wrong decision, maybe the others are wrong and this one right.
  • Options
    Was a quasi foul - 99.9% of refs don't subscribe to your view Large that a foul outside the box is one in the box or there would be 4-5 penalties every match. There was sufficient doubt that meant it should have been impossible to award.
  • Options
    As for my criticsim of refs....

I merely said I could spot a ref who hasn't played the game - they don't see/understand certain things that go on that somebody who played does. Tends to be around the 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other decisions -they just cant read them. The've never been in where it hurts so wouldn't expect them to understand.

I've known a few refs through work and of course I have to generalise a bit but a far higher than average number are pedants by nature in that list.
  • Options
    God, another clown tonight, how he missed a clear penalty in near enough the same spot as saturdays ref saw one that wasn't, well it makes you want to scream. Missed so many fouls too. I am starting to think that we are percieved as a big club by refs and they feel they have to show how good they are by showing no bias. The problem is, it becomes bias as it is so against us. Anybody who wants to defend these jokers must go to the same opticians - my suggestion is to try specsavers.
  • Options
    Don't think he was biased, just poor. Was the 'clear penalty' for the challenge on Benson late on? I thought he made a meal of it.
  • Options
    from where i was, he was clearly tripped.
  • Options
    It was a clear trip from where I was too, absolute stonewall penalty.
  • Options
    The foul on Benson tonight was a 1000 times more a penalty than the one on Staurday was
  • Options
    The you're just another sh1t ref chant tonight was fully deserved, I hate this league!
  • Options
    The officiating last night was laughably bad. When Martin kicked their left back twice then pushed him over and the linesman gave us a free kick I burst out laughing. Benson was wrestled to the floor and the ref waved play on. And one handball was missed in each half, the first when Jackson's free kick was charged down and one in the second half when the ref was looking the wrong way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be Interested to hear what Spankie thinks of last night's referee.

He was exact polar opposite of a 'Homer' Official in my view last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Don't think he was biased, just poor. Was the 'clear penalty' for the challenge on Benson late on? I thought he made a meal of it.

agree. MKD should have had a pen 1st half when at a corner Docherty had his arms all around their centre half to the extent he could hardly move. Wouldn't have spotted it from the North Stand but from the East it was an obvious pen. I thought Benson's was a penalty too.
  • Options
    There was one bizarre but not crucial decision. The ball was on touchline, MK defender tried to keep it in. Linesman didn't flag for it crossing the line. Ref awards a throw-in to MK, even though it didn't go out and should have been our throw. Very strange.