Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official "Support Parky" thread

Comments

• Options
    8 games in, 3 wins and 2 defeats.
    Teams that have been promoted in the last few years
    Doncaster 3 wins in first 10
    Peterborough 2 wins in first 7
    Swansea 3 wins in first 8
    Forest 2 wins in first 8
    Norwich 2 wins in first 9
    Millwall 2 wins in first 8

To even be having this type of debate before 20 games are up is ridiculous
    A new team needs time to gel, we all know that and continuity in the management is imperative.
    The only time a manager should get the tin-tac is at the end of a season, where success or failure is guaranteed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]come on joe what planet are you on , seriously ......or are you parky himself or do you think parky turned his back on huddersfield for the sheer love of our club that he's been at 3 months

Sill speculating Ooh.... Even though in your original post you stated it as a fact!
    Parky' could be like Curbs couldn't he? Remember he doesn't just do things for money does he? As Murray confirmed at the EGM...
    I stand by what I initially said I would be amazed if he is one of the top earners... You or anybody else has yet shown me any real facts to prove otherwise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]come on joe what planet are you on , seriously ......or are you parky himself or do you think parky turned his back on huddersfield for the sheer love of our club that he's been at 3 months

what I think he's getting at is that whilst Parky got an extension to his contract (probably on a same deal), there must've surely been caveats were we not to win promotion at the end of last season.

I'm sure he's on a decent wage, but I'd like to think it's not as per his original contract - I might be wrong though.
  • Options
    yeah yeah yeah now give his stats for the caretaker role ? or after the caretaker role uptodate ?

"new team to gel" FFS----------------FFS when is it to late then ? when is it tolate? when we are down the bottom ofthe 3rd level of football ? or will he still need time to gel ?

One person on here said after 40+ years theyhad had enough, more are saying similar things. I have tickets for Brentford but i dont really want to go------------ how long before 100z start to vote with their feet.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Regarding Parky's salary I can tell you one thing from a very good source. He was on less than Waggott when he took over the reins.Waggott was paid too much for a Third Division CEO (regardless of whether he was up to the job or not) but he was on nothing like what some CEO's get. Therefore my estimate - and its only that - of what Parky was on was 150k year. he'll be on a bit more than that now, but by the benchmark of virtually any manager you might imagine replacing him, he's not paid much.

I'm with Len and AFKA. His handling of JonJo is my only worry, up to now. Admittedly the only 90 minutes I've seen so far is Orient on the box. But I liked that. A lot.

I have had some arguments with Airman Brown about this. The Airman is more negative than me. However his summary is a very good one, basically," he's made some good signings, but does he know how to get the best from them?" Its too early to say, but he hasnt got too much longer.

Sometimes though we just dont know what problems a manager faces. Recently I started to worry about the treatment of Chris Solly but we now know that the boy has an injury, and one which puzzles them. Shades of Kelly Youga.And then when you hear about the Mootoo stuff, well, who'd be a manager,eh?
  • Options
    Mr Largo - as NLA has already answered, it's not my job to come up with a list of applicants, nor do i know who would apply. But i remain convinced we'd get some decent applicants as we're a big club at this level. With the job lifespan of a manager being about a year these days there'll be plenty of out of work managers looking for jobs.

But if you have to have a list of available managers who i think could do a better job than the one Parky is doing at the moment then off the top of my head i could name Kevin Blackwell, Steve Tilson, Chris Coleman and Dave Penney as potentials.
  • Options
    The truth is that despite what we say on here RM is not easily going to be convinced that Parky is not the right man. I know Derek Chappell came on here and said that they wouldn't sack Pardew, and that we wouldn't lose ten games on the trot (we came close and he was sacked) but the body language that RM has when he talks about Parkinson, combined with the belligerent way that he defended his right to 'take' the shares away from the fans at the EGM suggest that he is not going to sack Parkinson to appease the fans.

With this in mind we either get behind the manager and the team (and I’m not suggesting that we are not doing so) or we heap more pressure on them all and ultimately we end up making the prediction of failure come true.

One of the things that came out of the EGM (that I removed from my blog when I deleted huge chunks) was that we signed a number of players in the summer on good terms (for us) because they wanted to come and play for Parkinson at The Valley. Two of these players had been here on loan, so they were making an informed decision. Include the reduced wages that Dailly accepted and you get a feeling that there is something that the players like about being here.

If we start using these forums as a way to stir up the fans into giving the manager, and therefore by association, the players stick then they will be out the door as soon as they can be.

Murray isn’t going to sack him anytime soon, so let’s give him all the support we can. If not it is ultimately our club that suffers.
  • Options
    I agree with AFKA. I wasn't there Saturday, but from my Dad's report and the various other accounts I've read, the first half was probably the best we've played so far. It's hugely dissappointing that we didn't sew the game up and then fell apart second half. It's even more dissappointing that we looked like bagging another slightly underseverd 3 points only to throw it away when we only needed to stay solid for 4 minutes. The dissappointment is magnified when you factor in the embarrassment of who the opposition was - I have to admit, when I started supporting Charlton I never really envisaged one day playing Dagenham & Redbridge in a league game, but that's where we find ourselves so I need to get used to the idea.

I'm generally a very patient man by football fan standards and Parky has time yet to win me over. I still feel I've seen good and bad signs from this team and my general feeling at this point is it could go either way. As long as we're still in touch with the promotion pack at Christmas, and showing some signs that we might be capable of a strong second half of the season then I think that will be enough - until we know if that minimum goal can become a reality then I don't think we stand to gain much by hitting the eject button.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    going tomorrow night for the first time this season and i gotta say im not looking forward to it!

looking at results and reading reports, we are a very patchy side. If we were so good for the first 20 minutes on saturday then why do we suddenly stop playing?....i cant see the 'team gelling' excuse lasting much longer. I personally think 5 games is easily enough. These arent sunday league players, they should be able to adapt quickly and watching the orient game on tv i thought we had.

From last year, i dont think PP is tactically sound at all....and im concerned that its gonna be the same this year. On paper we have 13/14 very good players for this league so there really is no excuse in not beating Tranmere & DnR at home.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    He has my support. When someone with as much experience in the game as Dailly comes out as he did last week with his wholehearted backing then that's good enough for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    compare pp with ap

bad striker purchasing (yes - but things are desperate and who was available, would keeping Burton on a 2 year deal have cost less than Benson?)
    unsettled 1st 11 rarely plays same team (yes)
    player procurement (no)
    unable to get best out of players available (yes) sadly
    lack of tactical nous (yes)
    poor subs (50/50 on this)
    unable to organise a defence (mostly)
    poor selection (mostly)
    balanced squad (no Parky seems to understand supply)
    poor movement of team and general play (yes)
    utter tw*t (no) but its results what matter..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]He has my support. When someone when as much experience in the game as Dailly comes out as he did last week with his wholehearted backing then that's good enough for me.

Hear,Hear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]He has my support. When someone when as much experience in the game as Dailly comes out as he did last week with his wholehearted backing then that's good enough for me.

Exactly right HH. Richard Murray AND Christian Dailly have both come out recently with their full backing for Parky. I respect them both hugely and that tells me all I need to know about the bloke.
  • Options
    what ? A current player backing the current manager at a fans Q&A event ? Whatever next.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]

Exactly right HH. Richard Murray AND Christian Dailly have both come out recently with their full backing for Parky. I respect them both hugely and that tells me all I need to know about the bloke.

Well Christian Dailly doesnt pay his hard earned to support the club and can always move to another.

I dont think RM's judgement over the past few years exactly merit confidence.

The club is bigger than the squad, the manager and even the chairman. Without the supporters it is nothing and their views are surely as important as CD and RMs.
  • Options
    Let's be practical here - what is the point in replacing him now which will result in having to pay him money we don't have and bringing in someone new who can't change the squad because the window is closed.

This is the first season he has had his own team so give him a chance and reassess in the new year, in the meantime give him and the team our full support - they need it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]

Sill speculating Ooh.... Even though in your original post you stated it as a fact!
    Parky' could be like Curbs couldn't he? Remember he doesn't just do things for money does he? As Murray confirmed at the EGM...
    I stand by what I initially said I would be amazed if he is one of the top earners... You or anybody else has yet shown me any real facts to prove otherwise.

where did i say it was FACT ?? or are you speculating whether i stated that ??
    He will be in the top 4 earners at the club i'll write imo in case you think i meant fact .... btw i'm usually right ...
    unles i show you his wage slip i can't prove or disprove his salary and nor can you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Mr Largo - as NLA has already answered, it's not my job to come up with a list of applicants, nor do i know who would apply. But i remain convinced we'd get some decent applicants as we're a big club at this level. With the job lifespan of a manager being about a year these days there'll be plenty of out of work managers looking for jobs.

But if you have to have a list of available managers who i think could do a better job than the one Parky is doing at the moment then off the top of my head i could name Kevin Blackwell, Steve Tilson, Chris Coleman and Dave Penney as potentials.

So it's not your job to suggest who should replace Parkinson but it is your job to say that it's time for him to go. Right.

Chris Coleman - fresh from failing at Coventry, another ex-Palace personality would be a great choice as they always do well at Charlton;
    Steve Tilson - just lead Southend to League 2 so perfect for us.
    Penney/Blackwell - average.

What is it about these people that makes them so much better than Parkinson?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]what ? A current player backing the current manager at a fans Q&A event ? Whatever next.

That is what gets me

make your own mind up based on what you see.

are you happy with the team and the way we approach games,

do you think we are playing ok

, do you think Parky is doing ok

if yes to any of the three questions then you have your answer

if you answer no to any of the 3 you have your answer

I couldnt give a Ratts arse who says he is ok or who says he is not i make my own mind up.

thats why there will never be a right or wrong answer to these questions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]He has my support. When someone with as much experience in the game as Dailly comes out as he did last week with his wholehearted backing then that's good enough for me.

Dailly was hardly likely to say anything other than that was he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]yeah yeah yeah now give his stats for the caretaker role ? or after the caretaker role uptodate ?

"new team to gel" FFS
    FFS when is it to late then ? when is it tolate? when we are down the bottom ofthe 3rd level of football ? or will he still need time to gel ?

One person on here said after 40+ years theyhad had enough, more are saying similar things. I have tickets for Brentford but i dont really want to go
    how long before 100z start to vote with their feet.

It's true, you can make stats read anything you like
    Alex Ferguson lost 7 games last year
    Arsene Wenger lost 9 games last year
    Harry Redknapp lost 10 games last year
    PP only lost 8 games last year

There is only 3 teams that can get promoted out of 24, we all started the season on the same points, it's at the end of the season that counts
    E-N-D, the end, not 8 games in, not 20 games in, but after 46 league one games, that is the only time to measure success or abject failure
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]He has my support. When someone with as much experience in the game as Dailly comes out as he did last week with his wholehearted backing then that's good enough for me.

Dailly was hardly likely to say anything other than that was he?
    He didn't have to stay though did he? He was out of contract in the summer.
  • Options
    problem is abject failure isn't an option. Only promotion is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Mr Largo - as NLA has already answered, it's not my job to come up with a list of applicants, nor do i know who would apply. But i remain convinced we'd get some decent applicants as we're a big club at this level. With the job lifespan of a manager being about a year these days there'll be plenty of out of work managers looking for jobs.

So it's not your job to suggest who should replace Parkinson but it is your job to say that it's time for him to go. Right.

Chris Coleman - fresh from failing at Coventry, another ex-Palace personality would be a great choice as they always do well at Charlton;
    Steve Tilson - just lead Southend to League 2 so perfect for us.
    Penney/Blackwell - average.

What is it about these people that makes them so much better than Parkinson?

I think you got it spot on yes it is right for fans to Question and in some cases demand that mangers get removed

and you are spot on, on your assessment of the 3 candiadtes given thats why it is not a fans job to pick the next manager.

I would say

Harry redknapp

Fabio Cappello

Sir Alex

but we wouldnt have a sniff of getting them just because someone cant give you a definate this is the person doesnt mean the one we have got is the right one.
  • Options
    Abject failure means the death of this club. Mind you though when they write the obituary it will say "They gave him chance to gel, what a very nice club they were".
  • Options
    has a player ever come out and said this managers coaching /management is not up to it whilst at a club .....
    maybe when they left they have
  • Options
    This Pro Parky Thread has been Hijacked by the Parky Outers :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]problem is abject failure isn't an option. Only promotion is.
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Abject failure means the death of this clu

Why?
    There is another 20 teams who won't be promoted from this division and 24 teams in league two, are they all going to fold too?
    Why FFS is it gonna mean the death of our club?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This Pro Parky Thread has been Hijacked by the Parky Outers :-)

because they are in the majority ? I don't consider myself a 'Parky outer' but a 'never wanted Parky inner'.
  • Options
    Surprised last season's excuse of 'every team raises its game against us' or 'every game is an facup final' has not been said once this season.