Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official "Support Parky" thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I just want to know what the hell they do during the week at sparrows lane. Corners, free kicks and throw ins are still abysmal, defending set pieces ie corners is awful. Is it just parky or is the coaching staff just to as much to blame for fundemental basics which we should be able to do. We seem to come out all guns blazing ala Saturday, huddersfield, tranmere ect but if were not 2 up by 20 mins we seem to slowly leak all the confidence and belief and start to panic. Leyton orient was an amazing result and I really thought we had turned the corner and become a real team. Tuesday night is massive, those of us who do turn up will expect a much better perfomance lose and I fear for the future. Norwich sacked gunn after a few games and look how they ended up. He is a bad reminder of the pardew days and should have gone when pardew did, slate me for all you like but a clean sweep is needed and fast.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I just want to know what the hell they do during the week at sparrows lane. Corners, free kicks and throw ins are still abysmal, defending set pieces ie corners is awful. Is it just parky or is the coaching staff just to as much to blame for fundemental basics which we should be able to do. We seem to come out all guns blazing ala Saturday, huddersfield, tranmere ect but if were not 2 up by 20 mins we seem to slowly leak all the confidence and belief and start to panic. Leyton orient was an amazing result and I really thought we had turned the corner and become a real team. Tuesday night is massive, those of us who do turn up will expect a much better perfomance lose and I fear for the future. Norwich sacked gunn after a few games and look how they ended up. He is a bad reminder of the pardew days and should have gone when pardew did, slate me for all you like but a clean sweep is needed and fast.

1zmm1s0.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]I'll say it again I support Parkey

Also you guys who are doom merchants, I respect your right to say it but hey look at the club's history, we have been in worse situations with worse managers and far worse owners and have survived, so get behind your team and support Charlton.

if we dont get promoted this or next year this will be our worst period of football in our history imo...
    since we entered league football in 1921 we then spent 8 consecutive seasons in the third tier then a further 2 in 1933/4 and 1934/5 not returning there till 3 seasons 1972-75 1 more season in 1980/1
    and when you consider where we have been in recent history these are horrendous times no matter how you apologists dress it up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Any success we have had as a club has come with a stable manager. Jimmy Seed, Lennie Lawrence, Alan Curbishley being the three best examples.

Phil Parkinson has "proper Charlton" credentials and I think, at our budget level, has as good a chance as anybody of getting us where we want to be.

The league season is a marathon not a sprint. If we are struggling at Christmas I might think again depending on the circumstances at the time. For the moment he deserves our unequivocal support.

Well said.
  • Options
    you cant trust anyone that wears a V-neck. FACT.
  • Options
    I like the players that Parky has bought in but cannot hide the lack of shape in all his three sides to date. Perhaps the lack of experience of Kinsella & Breaker is the problem. What is big Merv doing now? At least he knew how to set sides up to be resilient.

I can't see RR sacking him after coughing up £250k for a striker. I can see Murray walking away & administration if no promotion or new buyer. I cannot see Tilson staying unemployed for long enough for Parky to throw in the towel.
  • Options
    I must admit that I was probably being a bit knee jerk with my post match rants on here, would love to see Parkie turn it around.

I have no problem with the squad we have, it is one of the best in the division and a credit to him for getting the calibre of players in with our financial problems.

What I do have is serious doubts about his intellectual capacity. Some of his decisions tactically or from a man management point of view are astounding. Dropping in form players, odd team set ups, odd substitutions.

My main worry is that he does not have the intellectual capacity to be able to turn draws into wins, defeats into draws. Too often this season and last we have spells where we play lovely football, the oppo manager changes things around and we are unable to respond. Either all the players we have are stoopid or the boss is not getting his message across.

Although up until now I have stuck with him, the real turning point for me was Swindon in the home play off. We were tearing them apart down the flanks, yet he chose to remove our wide threat just as an extra man advantage should have seen us stretching them to breaking point. I just don't think he is intelligent enough to turn games round or have a credible plan B or C when required that the players can adapt to.

Seems a nice bloke though!
  • Options
    I will back him a little bit longer, 1 point off a playoff place (although performances dont reflect that I suppose), I think we will be a slow burner this season and come good, the team will gel eventually.

People have to get away from the notion that we should be sitting pretty at the top and 4 points clear, our recent decline and financial situation dictates otherwise, I will take promotion via play offs as a bare minimum, if he doesnt do it this season, then bye bye.
  • Options
    I'm still backing him but we desperately need to stop seeing these jeckyl and hyde performances where we play well for 25 minutes and then look like a pub team for the rest of the match.