Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

egypt Holidays ??

Comments

• Options
    Wow didn't know Camels could dive, spit yeah, have the hump yeah, but not dive!! Learn something new everyday!

Imodiam.
  • Options
    well, footie season over, Egypt here we come.
  • Options
    I'm back off to egypt in September. I love it!
  • Options
    Also did my diving with Camel in Dahab. Great bunch of guys, good equipment and very safe.
    If diving in Dahab beware of any company that offer to take you diving above your qualifications. It's a dangerous sport if not done right and if they offer this they are a dodgy fly by night who put profit before your safety.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Alex Wright How did your holiday go Alex? Am looking to Egypt for a hot winter holiday this year and want something nice.

• Options
    My Brother just got back from 10 days in Sharm El Sheik and has not stopped talking about it, he had a fantastic time. 
  • Options
    Could never go back to Egypt
  • Options
    Ask MCS.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

a lot of ignorant/rude/weird/zero personality/lack of people skills russians out in egypt when i went last november

and the passport control are proper nonces(at least we're sly about it)

and our plane was delayed for 4 hours on the return journey as were 30 odd other flights ? why you may ask ? cos the ignorant twats had an air show yes an air show at the fooking airport !!!!

and so no planes could land for a couple of hours or so , our plane,coming in, had to divert to re fuel cos it had circled for so long and because of the delay the flight was very close to not being allowed to return cos it was close to taking the crew over the limited hours they could work in one day (cos they just flew in and turned around)

good value for money a holiday in egypt when you compare it to the extortionate prices in dubai nowadays

• Options
    edited July 2011
    So that was very insightful OOhaah, your post on your holiday to egypt was about the airport.  Plane spotter?

Anyway anyone been to Marsa Alam?  anything there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bren, my ma and pa have been there loved it, they have been to egypt 3 times all to different places and have never had a bad time, i will have a chat with the old man tonight and get some notes for you, i think they went to marsa last time out, so last year i think. will be BLOODY HOT!! just to warn you if going in the next month or two.
  • Options
    No, going December hopefully. Im going to read more on it.  I went to Taba before and it was just a few hotels.  To be honest im not fussed if there isnt much there as the hotels have pretty much everything you need.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @curb-it

sorry lost the thread (story of my life)

Egypt was great.  So good we're going back again next week.  This time off to Makadi bay.  Earlier in the year it was Dahab, nice place, more local life than Taba, not quite as much of the 'come and see my shop' hassles you get in Sharm

Marsa Alam has had a lot of development in recent years.  Coraya bay hotels are all OK, don't bother with the Marina Lodge unless you're diving
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Im still as clueless where to book.  I keep reading reviews and getting the horrors.

• Options
    Hilton, Sharks Bay. Went for 2 weeks ended up staying a 3rd.
  • Options
    What is Sharks Bay itself like?  Is it near Old Town?  Never been so am unsure.

The Sultan Gardens in Sharks Bay comes up as a highly rated one.
  • Options
    If you've got kids go to the Sunrise Tirana Aquapark - virtually brand new 5* hotel with 8 pools and its own aqua park (about 15 aquazooms, minimal queuing) - we got a good deal a couple of years ago as it had just opened and it was superb - football / volleyball and all the kids stuff every day. Might be a bit pricier now mind you. 
  • Options
    Why do you want to go to Egypt?
  • Options
    Not sure about it being near old town? There's a bus from the hotel every night that takes you into Sharm which is about £1 from what I can remember.
  • Options
    Because it is warm in December and in my price bracket and i havent had a hot hol since Dec 09.  Cant afford the luxury of the Caribbean/Mauritius much to my misery.  And the last time i went to the Canaries i spent an absolute fortune so has put me off for now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    north africa - good choice for value winter sun - you don't become a desert by not having a lot of sun
  • Options

Going again in Feb

• Options
    Check out Dahab Curt it.... really cool little town, not as built up as Sharm.
  • Options

I went to Sharm last year, thought it was excellent. You don't see much in the way of culture, although you can get cabs to the Old Town quite cheaply. I didn't go as my girlfriend is very very lazy, but one of my mates said it was worth a visit. Naama Bay is the main bit of the resort with all the bars and restaurants. I believe Sharks Bay is a bit quieter and hotels tend to be all-inclusive, only a short cab ride from Naama Bay though.

As I said before, it's not really somewhere for a cultural break as it's a man-made resort, but it's been done very well. Whilst there are some reasonably expensive restaurants, most of them are very cheap - generally paid about £20 - £25 for the missus and I to eat the best sea food I have ever had, tastes like it's jumped straight from the sea onto your plate. You get the occasional bloke trying to lure you into his carpet shop for a cup of apple tea, but they're easy to fend off. I've been to Tunisia and Morocco - you don't get anything like as much hassle in Sharm, and the locals are very tolerant of Westerners - ladies don't need to panic about offending someone by accidentally exposing their shoulders, which is not the case in some Muslim countries.

• Options
    Not sure about it being near old town? There's a bus from the hotel every night that takes you into Sharm which is about £1 from what I can remember.
    Iberotel Palace bang outside old town

• Options
    Hilton, Sharks Bay. Went for 2 weeks ended up staying a 3rd.
    Me and mrs SX going Hilton in Sharks Bay next month. Good to get the recommendation Plaaayer.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Crazy ... Dahab do it ...... 
  • Options
    just back from Makadi Bay, near Hurghada.  Nice area but there are only holiday hotels in the bay, no local life.  You can take a bus into town but we didn't feel the need :)

Loads of tour companies go to Egypt, shop around to get the best deals. try longwoods holidays and holiday hypermarket as well as the usual big operators.
  • Options
    oh, and check trip advisor before you book :)

• Options
    just back from Makadi Bay, near Hurghada.  Nice area but there are only holiday hotels in the bay, no local life.  You can take a bus into town but we didn't feel the need :)

Loads of tour companies go to Egypt, shop around to get the best deals. try longwoods holidays and holiday hypermarket as well as the usual big operators.
    What hotel in makadi bay ?