Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

egypt Holidays ??

124»

Comments

• Options
    I went feb 2010 during half term, weather was 30 everyday misses and kids loved it.
  • Options
    just back from Makadi Bay, near Hurghada.  Nice area but there are only holiday hotels in the bay, no local life.  You can take a bus into town but we didn't feel the need :)

Loads of tour companies go to Egypt, shop around to get the best deals. try longwoods holidays and holiday hypermarket as well as the usual big operators.
    What hotel in makadi bay ?

this time we were in the Stella Makadi, we've been to Fort Arabesque and the Grand Makadi in the past.  Are you going there?
  • Options
    Na I went to sunrise makadi bay this year and hurghada the year before think I'm gonna go sharm next year .
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My pal has been to iberotel palace twice and that's where I wanted but fully booked for when I want. Must be good.

Ok I shall keep on looking.

Ive booked flights just wanted to spend more time on getting hotel right as its for Xmas.

Oh and Alex its trip adviser that's doing my nut in as I think I find a good one and one bad review out of 800 puts me off.
  • Options
    Dont go, you'll get the ballrooms!! Scumbag country!
  • Options
    Oh and Alex its trip adviser that's doing my nut in as I think I find a good one and one bad review out of 800 puts me off.

I've kinda stopped reading the reviews on there as been misled so many times by great reviews for hotel that's been a shocker and vice versa. I generally just go by it's overall rating for the hotels in the resort.

Although saying that I did recently have to stay in a guest house in Clacton (don't ask) which was rated number 3 of the dozens of hotels in town. I can only dread to think what the rest must be like...

• Options
    Trip adviser can be a bit of a nightmare.  I ignore the ones that slag places off because " the hotel used the wrong shade of blue paint in the bar ".  It's still better than relying on tour operators write ups.
  • Options
    I find the cheaper a hotel is the less reliable TripAdvisor becomes. So many people seem to want to pay 1 star prices for 5 star accommodation. I've a had a few lovely holidays where people on trip advisor have completely slaughtered the place. For instance, 3* on the Costa Brava. We paid something like £200 each for half board, including flights and everything. People were giving the place 1/5 for things like small rooms, not a great variety in food, not the best entertainment. What do they expect? It's cheap, the food was fine, the fact they had any entertainment at that price point was a miracle.