Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Paul Benson

Comments

• Options
    We need a consistent first eleven instead Parky keeps changing the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]We need a consistent first eleven instead Parky keeps changing the team.
    To be fair most of the changes are down to injuries and suspensions.
  • Options
    Off the mark and that will breed confidence I reckon 20+ goals beckon now for Benno
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]Off the mark and that will breed confidence I reckon 20+ goals beckon now for Benno

lol thats getting ahead ourselves now, agree now he should have some confidence but needs the service. if he can get 3 chances a game for rest of the games then i would say the same but you never know with our midfield
  • Options
    Well done to the bloke, hopefully this is where he kicks on. COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well done Paul!

Exactly what I hoped would happen when I started the thread. Two chances one goal. A better conversion ratio than most Charlton strikers within my memory and his all round contribution was better too. Some nice lay-offs last night.

Keep proving me wrong!!
  • Options
    And I had him 1st scorer :-)
  • Options
    Early cross good goal why didn't anyone say that would happen
  • Options
    NLA = John Still FACT
  • Options
    Hopefully that start of things to come. What do people feel would be a reasonable target for Benno - does it have to be the magic 20+ goals or would 15 goals plus a regular dose of good teamwork be enough for him to have a good season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Hopefully that start of things to come. What do people feel would be a reasonable target for Benno - does it have to be the magic 20+ goals or would 15 goals plus a regular dose of good teamwork be enough for him to have a good season?

I feel there is too much importance on the '20' figure. If we can get 2 players scoring 15 goals each, or 3 players scoring 10 goals each, we'll be up there. Not saying that'll definitely happen for us, but it's not crucial for one player to do it on his own.

Therefore, if Benson can up his ratio to 1 in 3 games or better, I think he'll be doing well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]NLA = John Still FACT
    NLA is Parky
    Continued Parkinson: "If you look at where Benno's goals come from, they come from crosses. Get the ball in the box with quality and he'll have a desire to get on the end of it. He's shown that already since he's been here but without having the end result.
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Hopefully that start of things to come. What do people feel would be a reasonable target for Benno - does it have to be the magic 20+ goals or would 15 goals plus a regular dose of good teamwork be enough for him to have a good season?
    Depends how the other strikers are doing. Ideally they'd all get 15 each, rather one on 25 and the rest on 5-10.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]NLA = John Still FACT
    NLA is Parky

How very Rude ;-)
  • Options
    Have to say, despite the goal tonight.... dissapointed with his play. Got shrugged off several times. Seems more happy to lay it off than strike the ball.

With Abbott he looks much better, who is much more combative. The pair could form a decent partnership, but as a front man nothing special
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Henry Irving

Rude!? i thnk so, i can say what i think MOST people are thinking of Benson, and as to yuo stupid comment about having done more then me>? i dont play football for charlton athletic if you havnt realised? silly.

Keep your comments like that to youself. You could have said something a little less rude.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Henry Irving

Rude!? i thnk so, i can say what i think MOST people are thinking of Benson, and as to yuo stupid comment about having done more then me>? i dont play football for charlton athletic if you havnt realised? silly.

Keep your comments like that to youself. You could have said something a little less rude.

Yes, but how do you know what MOST people are thinking of Benson? How many did you ask? Not sure that's it's a particularly wise idea to speak on behalf of other people or to go for the jugular on players who deserve to be given some time.
  • Options
    Ermmmmmm maybe because alot(MOST) of comments on here have been negitive regarding Benson!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Ermmmmmm maybe because alot(MOST) of comments on here have been negitive regarding Benson!!!!!
    That's because people who moan generally have more to say for themselves than the people who have no strong feelings one way or the other.
  • Options
    Look, what my problem is: we have no real goal scorer and i just want out of this JOKE LEAGUE! so im frustrated and just really want a striker that can put them away and work hard. So maybe my comments are harsh and uncalled for, but its just passion, i am sorry, but my anger/passion shows alot and i cant help it most of the time.
  • Options
    Still far too early to judge him. I'm optimistic but won't make judgement until end November
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jazzy x 3[/cite]Look, what my problem is: we have no real goal scorer and i just want out of this JOKE LEAGUE! so im frustrated and just really want a striker that can put them away and work hard. So maybe my comments are harsh and uncalled for, but its just passion, i am sorry, but my anger/passion shows alot and i cant help it most of the time.

We all want out of this league and all want strikers who score goals and work hard. Do you think any of us don't?

But what you said was that a current Charlton player would "Amount to NOTHING". Are you his headmaster writing his school report? I'd not been impressed so far and had said so but you just wrote him off completely. Thankfully he threw that back in your face last night.

And speak for yourself. Don't claim that most people agree with you when they don't. The amount of people who agree or disagree with you doesn't make you right or wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Still far too early to judge him. I'm optimistic but won't make judgement until end November

Agree, he's got his first goal now, let's see how he kicks on.
  • Options
    Benno for England
  • Options
    I am not trying to act like a ******* head master ffs! after seeing the man i play, sometimes you can just get that rough idea of how they are going to end up (at a guess of corse) i dont care if people agree with me, i still stick with what i say. **** the goal last night, was it amazing? did he run 40 yards with the ball and the curl it? NO, hes FOOT was in the correct place thats it! so in a way he still aint proving shit all! only thing different was hes work rate was higher! and i back the whole of this up by saying i dont mean he is going to amount to nothing because he hasnt got no goals... no....because going to a bigger club can be a wack on hes confidencebut its because he just, on the pitch he looks like he dont give a toss ESP againist hes old club on sat gone, and no matter if you low in confidence you STILL work hard right? no matter what.
  • Options
    He can achieve whatever parky and the midfielders want him to.
  • Options
    ^^^ Agree! but i was just basing my views on hes work rate/body language! Anyinsah is new... but did he look like a lazy cant be bothered player? no.
  • Options
    benson will score twice as many goals than abbott
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]**** the goal last night, was it amazing? did he run 40 yards with the ball and the curl it? NO, hes FOOT was in the correct place thats it!

Good luck finding a striker who can do all that for you consistently for 10 million, let alone 250k.

Benson was in the right place at the right time last night, that's it. He scored the winning goal and got us an extra two points, that's it. Even he if manages to go on and hit the magic 20 now, you still won't be happy because he didn't beat 4 men before rifling it it the top corner from outside the area.
  • Options
    No No No if he got 20 i would be VERY happy ! you missing my point, hes done nothing and looked like nothing since he came to us, and hes 1 single goal that was (as you said it ''right place at right time'') doesnt then make it all ok for him playing SHIT before!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]**** the goal last night, was it amazing? did he run 40 yards with the ball and the curl it? NO, hes FOOT was in the correct place thats it!

Our club's record goal scorer was a pretty useless football player, but he didn't need to be told twice what to do with the ball when he was ten yards from goal.

Football is littered with players who could score goals but barely had the skill to lace their boots let alone their drinks.