Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Paul Benson

124»

Comments

• Options
    Spot on BFR!
  • Options
    hes better than abbott
  • Options
    Exactly BFR.That was a typical Halesy lunge and goal.How many did he score like that? Loads!Looks easy but it isn't.
    Watching Benson's run he reminded me of how Dick Tydeman used to run.
  • Options
    It was never in doubt IMO
    : )
  • Options
    Look at Darren Bent, does he run 40 yards and curl it into the top corner every game? Does he have amazing skill? An outstanding first touch? No? Well he must be shit as well then...............

Jazzyx3, you pleb
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I love all this 'writing off' interpretation.

People are simply offering a view on Benson after watching him for three of four full games. All this talk of giving him a chance doesn't gloss over that fact that his limitations are obvious.

Like most on here, I sincerely hope that he will score hatfuls of goals for us but, based on what I've seen ... and, yes WSS, with my Full FA Coaching badge and semi-pro managerial experience ... I don't think he will.

Fair play to him - he got off the mark last night, but he looks non-League to me. He underhits passes, he dwells on the ball, he has little physical presence and lacks pace. And if the secret of success is to hit early crosses into the box, I wonder what Plan B might be as a decent defence will cut out his supply. He has no obvious tricks or quick feet. I think most defenders at this level will fancy marking him.

I'm more than happy to have egg on my face come May, but I don't think he'll get to double figures.

Prove me wrong, Benno.
  • Options
    What Dave "Countdown" Rudd says is worrying. As a rank amateur fan, I always hope a player the management obviously rate highly will come good. But, if Dave is right and the quality is not there, we're in trouble, not just because the Benson gamble won't pay off, but because the management team can't spot talent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]^^^ Agree! but i was just basing my views on hes work rate/body language! Anyinsah is new... but did he look like a lazy cant be bothered player? no.

So you can see into the future and KNOW that Benson will amount to nothing and now you're an expert on body language too.

Benson looks far from lazy or can't be bothered from where I sit but that's your opinion. A poor one IMHO but your opinion.

As for "his FOOT was in the right place, that's it" That must win must stupid remark on CL for this season at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]I love all this 'writing off' interpretation.

People are simply offering a view on Benson after watching him for three of four full games. All this talk of giving him a chance doesn't gloss over that fact that his limitations are obvious.

Like most on here, I sincerely hope that he will score hatfuls of goals for us but, based on what I've seen ... and, yes WSS, with my Full FA Coaching badge and semi-pro managerial experience ... I don't think he will.

Fair play to him - he got off the mark last night, but he looks non-League to me. He underhits passes, he dwells on the ball, he has little physical presence and lacks pace. And if the secret of success is to hit early crosses into the box, I wonder what Plan B might be as a decent defence will cut out his supply. He has no obvious tricks or quick feet. I think most defenders at this level will fancy marking him.

I'm more than happy to have egg on my face come May, but I don't think he'll get to double figures.

Prove me wrong, Benno.

Don't disagree with most of that but one thing. It wasn't an early cross.

Reid checks back in and then crosses. The ball evades the first defender (because it was a good aimed cross and not early) and Benson has attacked the space behind the defender at the near post. He then, while on the run remember, connects with his FOOT (Jazzy hasn't worked out why the game is called football yet) and steers it low into the corner. Strikers goal.
  • Options
    well Dave Rudd with his FA Coaching Badge says he isn't good enough so that's good enough for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i know he is better than akpo ........ and he will score more than akpo (injuries permitting )
    abbott will score more than akpo
    anyinsah more than akpo
    and even tho he's probably done half his goals for the season already wagstaff will score more than akpo
  • Options
    I really do not know what some of you guys are watching. He did really well on Tuesday night up front on his own with two lumps behind him. The ref did not help him out, time and time again he should have got free kicks but did not.

He actually won a hell of a lot in the air. I actually think he has a very good first touch, some of his lay off's on Tuesday night were first class. How many games did it take for Keane to score at Liverpool??? Does that make him a shit player?

Its all about managing our expectations at this level. Parky has put together a decent team with no pot to piss in, we have not played that well and sit 7th in the table. We wont be signing Darren Bent's, we have been spoiled.

I do know that people are entitled to voice there opinions, concerns etc on here. But come on guys give the new players a chance.

On Tuesday night it was embarrassing sitting behind the dugout loads of people slating every Charlton player! Again 'Wake up we are in devision 3 with no money. Just get behind all of the players.

Rant over!

hat trick for Benson on Saturday
  • Options
    Your wasting your breath Robroy.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    we need benson to go on the sort of physical training stuff that gareth bale has done .... i only noticed last night he's doubled in size , a right proper unit and ripped as well (i think he's a pretty boy as well)

failing that just take some of the stuff that cheating cyclist has been on ben son
  • Options
    I think we can now say 'no he's not.'
  • Options
    Nice one again Benno!! Humble Pie tasting good at the moment!!