Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Belle Amie - X Factor

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Seriously? Who the f*** watches this? It's Opportunity Knocks for chavs FFS

I agree with you but it is on in my house so I have to suffer it in the background. There is no one in it who I would pay to listen to, either live or on record. The judges hardly ever say anything critical, even though most of the 'talent' hit a few bum notes. The Tesco woman is probably the best singer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]"Opportunity Knocks for chavs"

Absolutely spot on, it's just a dumbed down "talent" show for dumbed down people. Yates' dad has been replaced by Cowell and the clapometer has been replaced by a hall full of screaming kids. Other than that nothing much is any different. It's still just a big spoonful of crud to keep the bottom feeders happy.

Spot on.
  • Options
    Opportunity Knocks was opportunity knocks for chavs, before there was even chavs
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So the X factor brings out the snobs...but for me it is diverting. One of the things I like is seeing is if the singers can actually deliver 'live' as it were, and I am aware of the controversy regarding electronic enhancement. I also like all the odd stuff such as the very camp duo where only one of them actually sang. For me last night the Irish lady, and the 'mad world' fella actually sang it as if they were into the music, I wish the irish lady had done a few softish bits to contrast her rather shouty performance. I reckon the Addick lady was nice, but her group did not manage to produce anything very musical, the Italian boy was cold, but the brazilian bloke was warm, and the bloke early on with the hat is a very good singer, the put together boy band were poor.
    The X factor is diverting free entertainment, as long as you don't phone in any votes or buy the records released.
    I like all kinds of music, and try to take it for the bit of fluff that it is.

PS I though the Jools Holland show on Friday was a better watch/listen.
  • Options
    I am sure the boardroom can't wait for Large's opinion of the X factor. . . . .
  • Options
    I didn't watch it but I just caught a bit of Xtra Factor. Im guessing that mad chick with blonde hair sung lady gaga by the way she was dressed! What a state..
  • Options
    vote for the bird with the biggest tits is usually my answer.
  • Options
    Thing is though, it ISN'T music is it? It's just karaoke.

Idon't know - maybe it's the equivalent of Premiership football vs 'real' football - if you really want to laugh and take the piss out of people who can't sing, you do it 'live' in a local pub. If you just want to armchair it, you watch the X-Factor.
  • Options
    X Factor, Strictly etc...all prole fodder.
  • Options
    i cant stick x factor. the only tv show like it that was any good was fame academy on bbc1 a few years ago. real songwriters and people that could play instruments. yet the british pulic f*cked that up by allowing david sneddon to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These sort of threads, and the comments they attract, always amuse me.

Personally I find X Factor to be a good entertainment show - and if it does help someone who can sing a bit (Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke?) into the music industry, then so much the better.
    And if I didn't watch it, then I don't think I'd feel the need to be quite so disparaging about those who do.

Anyway, must go - will soon be joining the 15 million or so other 'proles' watching ITV this evening.
  • Options
    Nice theory Goonerhater, however on this occassion you'd be voting for a large 50 something year old Irish woman.....who can actually sing!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]if I didn't watch it, then I don't think I'd feel the need to be quite so disparaging about those who do.

Spot on. I haven't even opened the cricket thread, or the threads about various programmes I don't watch.

The type of people who come on here to throw in their tuppence about how proud they are not to watch some programme must have the IQ of a bottle of water. ;-)

I don't 'watch' X Factor, but it's on and I have no choice. Luckily managed to miss the results show. I hope none of the novelty acts got knocked out.
  • Options
    agree to call me a dumbed down person because as a family we all sit down together is quite insulting, it's the only thing all 5 of us watch together.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]if I didn't watch it, then I don't think I'd feel the need to be quite so disparaging about those who do.

Spot on. I haven't even opened the cricket thread, or the threads about various programmes I don't watch.

The type of people who come on here to throw in their tuppence about how proud they are not to watch some programme must have the IQ of a bottle of water. ;-)

I don't 'watch' X Factor, but it's on and I have no choice. Luckily managed to miss the results show. I hope none of the novelty acts got knocked out.

Got to agree with this, if you don't like it and don't watch it then why do people feel the need to comment on it and slag off those that do. It's an entertainment show and by far the most popular on tv so it must be doing something right. Personally i don't mind it, you've got some good acts, some not so good acts and some laughable acts but it's all good entertainment. It looks like being a decent year for it as you've got a number of acts (Aiden, Rebecca, Matt, the boyband, Treyc and possibly Mary) who are all in with a shout of winning it. Anyway those that hate it so much need not worry too much as it's probably not going to be on next year as Cowell looks to launch the US X Factor instead.
  • Options
    I used to watch Noels House Party, people called me a dumb idiot for watching it, they were right - it was a guilty pleasure that I knew was absolute pony and accepeted people's opinion of me, why do x-factor idiots get so defensive? At least Noel was over in an hour, not repeated again within eighteen hours, and then even more of it later on.
  • Options
    it's official - I'm a bottom feeding troll or something like that, whatever Stig said. So what. I find X Factor quite entertaining, some don't. Some like horror movies, I don't. All a matter of choice. That some have been quite disparaging about those that do like it is rather sad.

Anyway, thank God that arrogant sod Nicolo went. Think the best singers are actually stuck in the boy bands. The guy with the hat from one and the young blond kid from the other.
  • Options
    What I don't get about the talent contest is why they're so popular. As Leroy said they are basically karaoke, so while there's plenty talented singers on there it's not like you're going to see something new that's going to blow your socks off. Strictly baffles me even more. In the olden days Come Dancing was on the TV and it was a contest between professional dancers that nobody much watched (because it is dull). Suddenly you get a bunch of minor celebs doing it and throw in a bitchy judge and it's flavour of the month. It's the equivalent of professional football being marginalised to the extent there's no audience for it until some smart TV exec thinks of relaunching it with players who were minor characters in Eastenders and a ref that is a wank and comes on at the end and says, "oooh call that a pass? He couldn't pass water. I'm sorry, but he's not up to it", while the audience all hiss - and it ends up being more popular than football ever was.

Honestly, it makes me worry about society.
  • Options
    Its Saturday night TV, its on in my house, speaking as a musician I find it toe curling, however it has its place, a bit like McDonalds has its place in the restaurant world, so its musical McDonalds if you like. None of them are gonna sell out Wembley Stadium are they, The Stones don't need to look over their shoulders just yet!!
  • Options
    hmmmmmmmmmmm so if you watch it your a prol ? this would be the same working class people watching this as who would vote for who ? but that couldnt be right i mean heaven forbid that a right on lefty would call people who would vote Labour prolls i mean that almost as daft a a labour PM calling one of his voters a bigot.

As for Strictly i have to say i like it. Miss Dixon is worth tuning in for on her own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]These sort of threads, and the comments they attract, always amuse me.

Personally I find X Factor to be a good entertainment show - and if it does help someone who can sing a bit (Leona Lewis or Alexandra Burke?) into the music industry, then so much the better.
    And if I didn't watch it, then I don't think I'd feel the need to be quite so disparaging about those who do.

Anyway, must go - will soon be joining the 15 million or so other 'proles' watching ITV this evening.

Totally agree. I'm a middle class professional who watches it with my family and I wouldn't regard myself, my son or my wife as being 'dumb'.

However, I really can't stomach 'Stictly Come Dancing' or those people who shorten the title to the single word of 'Strictly'. Did you watch 'Strictly' last night? No, I watched 'X' instead.
  • Options
    For the intelliegent people , I'm sure there are repeats of QI on on saturday nights
  • Options
    Surely you mean Countdown Shag?
  • Options
    The whole band currently staying at my uncles house (:
  • Options
    My 8 year old boy thought they were called blimey!
  • Options
    It's all fixed, corrupt and bad for everyone bar Cowell.

Don't see it as entertainment at all.
  • Options
    The one second to the left, is my cousin lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]It's all fixed, corrupt and bad for everyone bar Cowell.

It hasn't exactly been bad for Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and JLS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]The whole band currently staying at my uncles house (:

And your uncle's address is....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]It's all fixed, corrupt and bad for everyone bar Cowell.

It hasn't exactly been bad for Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and JLS

Who?