Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paolo Sousa

13»

Comments

• Options
    I believe John Vinnicombe is still around somewhere.IWhen Dean Wilkins took over as manager he brought Ian Chapman back to the club as a coach.No one really knows why Wilkins was sacked as we finished 7th that year and Chapman basicially walked out in some sort of protest.Even know we finished 7th that year our home gates were terrible so perhaps this had some bearing on it.
    Dean Saunders was a good find but once he left us his career really took off.A girl i use to know at school really fancied him lol.
    Gary Nelson was another great find who we sold for peanuts yet again.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I am delighted to see Brighton doing well after so many years of doing it tough, its great to see.

Just one thing, I think that SteveBHA is perhaps slightly rose-tinted if he thinks that Poyet would not swap League One for the Premiership or a well-placed CCC club if the opportunity arose.

With the best will in the world, and I have a soft spot for Brighton, they are never going to do more than a Charlton/Wigan in the Premiership (and even that is a LONG way off) so if Poyet gets an offer from a Premiership side then he will be off.

As for the compensation, 1 million quid is what most Premiership sides pay their reserve left-back![/quote]

Maybe i am looking through rose tinted glasses but Brighton gave Poyet his break through into his first management job.Gus went pubic and said he was looking for a 3 or 4 year deal to set the foundations for this club and take us up.Our chairman honoured that and a four year deal was signed in the summer.Anything can happen in football i know but i have a gut feeling Gus will be here for most of that contract.As long as we go up and build from there i will be happy.
  • Options
    Oakey I wasn't offended. Didn't think I threw cheap insults, I was perhaps enjoying it too much and got a bit too barbed. Personally I found the discussion/arguement very interesting. I'm deeply sure in my own mind that Sousa would be madness. But plenty of wise football men think otherwise.

Apologies if you've felt belittled, you're perhaps right in that I should throttle off. Some of my stuff was barbed, again I apologise for that. Personally I'm not offended, and enjoyed that you came back with consideration. It didn't suit with my analysis, so I tried to take it apart. Having said that, I'll say it again I enjoyed the arguement. Oakey you're probably right I should show a little more humility. But we're here in an internet discussion forum, and I don't think either of us over stepped the mark. I commented on the thread as it interested me.

SteveBHA. I quite like Austin, but both he and Painter I feel don't have enough to do it in the champ. I really need to see Danny Graham more than the few times I've seen him. Honestly mate if you think Murray has a good football brain, then Graham has a brilliant one and is dangerous in just about every way. He lacks a little pace, so a pacey partner helps him.... maybe Austin would be that. But as you say I can't see that Austin would be worth the money and the risk. Graham's no risk in the champ. Watford not going up will probably force a sale, and at say 2.5 mill Graham is 100 times the player say a Hulse has been or will ever be. Anyways this for the future, good luck I hope you get promoted. As I said before I'd love to see BHA in the prem.