Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson to get Charlton promoted.

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
So if you think Parkinson can win promotion for Charlton this season, add your name to this thread !

See you at the asylum

Comments

• Options
    hahaha
  • Options
    Possible, if unlikely.
  • Options
    Keep the faith my brother...........................PMA is all we need
  • Options
    Of course - managed the play offs last year and he has a better squad this year.
    He hasnt suddenly lost the ability to do the same again this year
  • Options
    thats it guys keep up the good spirit !
  • Options
    The asylum for you Floyd Montana I'm afraid
  • Options
    We have a better squad this year. You on crack Floyd Montana?
  • Options
    yes, but only if he goes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]and he has a better squad this year.

You really think so?

Lloyd Sam?
    Bailey?
    Richardson?
    Youga? (Ok, technically in the squad still but won't ever be seen)
    S. Sodje?
    Shelvey?
    Burton?

I don't think any of the above have been replaced by better players.
  • Options
    Confident we will be promoted....but not under Parkinson now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes,but I am a supreme optimist, despite the clarity of the facts
  • Options
    The squad last year was good enough to survive in the championship. This seasons squad is good enough to challenge for promotion from the 3rd division. Unfortunately with Parkinson at the helm that will not happen. He has to go !!!
  • Options
    Yes I do Stu
    Hence my post, obviously.

sorry I thought this might be a haven from the endless deluded short term bleatings on all the other threads showing just the same attitudes that laid into Curbs for not making European football a reality.
  • Options
    Kap10 off to the Asylum
  • Options
    So which players do you think we have, that are better than those listed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Kap10 off to the Asylum

You really bring a lot to this thread. Thanks
  • Options
    Deluded, Montana you are the deluded one !!!
  • Options
    Keep this as the positive thread. Had enough with all the down ones. I am confident about three points on Saturday. And 5-7 points out the three after. PMA
  • Options
    A better squad, Stu, is what I wrote

I will answer your question and validate my nascent opinion at Christmas
    Isnt that a good idea?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Deluded, Montana you are the deluded one !!!

Because I have a more optimistic opinion than you?
    OK, whatever you say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]The squad last year was good enough to survive in the championship. This seasons squad is good enough to challenge for promotion from the 3rd division. Unfortunately with Parkinson at the helm that will not happen. He has to go !!!

Can't see it myself.An overweight goalkeeper.Two sixty year old centre backs well past their best.A left back that's not a defender.A right back that's not a footballer.Two centre mids that rarely venture over the halfway line.A winger that doesn't know what day of the week it is and a cluster of centre forwards that would struggle to find a net in an onion sorting factory.So apart from maybe Reid,how you came up with a promotion challenging side is beyond me!
  • Options
    He could do it maybe I guess
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]A better squad, Stu, is what I wrote

I will answer your question and validate my nascent opinion at Christmas
    Isnt that a good idea?

Fair enough and I hope come xmas the team is doing well and pushing for promotion, the future of our clubs depends on it.

I also hope that Parkinson is no longer at the helm, then again, I've wanted him out since day 1, so no surprise really.
  • Options
    Floyd Montana you must be a liberal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite][div class=CommentHeader][span]quote# 25[/span][/div][div id=CommentBody_795706 class=CommentBody]Floyd Montana you must be a liberal.[/div]

probably my last comment as this thread has been hijacked to become another Parky out thread, with kingston acting the WUM-general
    But just to make clear
    I never wanted PP, wanted him out earlier than the trend on here last year, but I just feel a change now will lead to greater trouble than we are in at the moment.

I also feel unable to form a balanced opinion when my heart hurts after a couple of such dreadful performances.
  • Options
    CAN he win promotion this season? Of COURSE he can.

Next?
  • Options
    Play-offs are the best we'll get from him this year, although I'm expecting mid-table to be honest.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    To be honest with the turn around we have had of players this year it was always going to be a hard task. If i remember rightley not many on here was tipping us for promotion at the start of the season but now everyone seems to think we have a god given right to walk this league.
  • Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]and he has a better squad this year.

You really think so?

Lloyd Sam?
    Bailey?
    Richardson?
    Youga? (Ok, technically in the squad still but won't ever be seen)
    S. Sodje?
    Shelvey?
    Burton?

I don't think any of the above have been replaced by better players.

They haven't....
    Refreshing to read some common sense. This has been the case for years as well, but for some strange reason people just ignore the true course of events...?