Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson to get Charlton promoted.

Comments

• Options
    I think he can - whether he will or not is another matter. He needs to turn it round quick, that's for sure - we are now approaching a run of hard must not lose games from his perspective. Parky needs the players to play for him and to get it tactically right (he has definitely made mistakes recently) - of course allied to that he needs injuries to be kind.

I think the odds are against him but sometimes when the going gets tough.....lets see what happens on Saturday. He has to be a bit less cautious and go for it though.
  • Options
    I like cheese.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Kap10 off to the Asylum

How about a week and a half at Sothwark Crown court?
  • Options
    anything can happen in football as we all know but confidence this end is very low.

We need a result next week, which will be very tough, if we saw a REACTION and got a win I may be inclined to get some confidence back but overall its a pretty dark place right now...
  • Options
    I remember someone saying on here as soon as we get league one players the better, & alot of people agreeing. I'd say we have a set of league one players now and I'd also say there capable of promotion but under different management as something isn't working.

@ carlyburn - you talk about 2 centre mids that don't cross the halfway line. That comes down to management imo. We still have solly who is young and deserves the rb slot. Jackson ain't a bad defender but under different management might be moved into midfield. The winger you was talking about, if it's waggy his our top scorer and will be great coming off the bench. if it's martin have you ever seen a player on loan that works as hard as he does and cares as much as he does.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]I like cheese.

Disagree
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]
    @ carlyburn - if it's martin have you ever seen a player on loan that works as hard as he does and cares as much as he does.

Nearly brought a tear to my eye did that.Fooled me the first time i saw him too..
    Think we're starting to see why young Lee's had more clubs than i've had hot dinners.
  • Options
    Never thought he would get us anywhere near promotion, that's why coming so close last year came as a shock! To also sign some of the players he has after having to start all over again gave me the same mid-table finish feeling. Parky has suprised us more realistic fans once, so i don't see why we shouldn't trust him again.
  • Options
    In a word, no. Unless he accepts that the way the team is set up at the moment isn't working and gets some craft into midfield we will be lucky to finish mid table. Impossible with the squad he has built. With a football brain in charge and a couple of loan signings it wouldn't be impossible to get promoted but from what i've seen so far, not with Parky.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]I remember someone saying on here as soon as we get league one players the better, & alot of people agreeing. I'd say we have a set of league one players now and I'd also say there capable of promotion but under different management as something isn't working.

@ carlyburn - you talk about 2 centre mids that don't cross the halfway line. That comes down to management imo. We still have solly who is young and deserves the rb slot. Jackson ain't a bad defender but under different management might be moved into midfield. The winger you was talking about, if it's waggy his our top scorer and will be great coming off the bench. if it's martin have you ever seen a player on loan that works as hard as he does and cares as much as he does.[/quote]

I agree about Martin, he looks like he is giving it absolutely everything, a few goals would be nice though.

Compare Martin's all-action effort with the likes of Lee Cook and the rest of Pardew's inspired loan signings.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes Parky CAN get us promoted this season and i still think that is a very real possibility. A hell of a lot depends on the next few matches. We need to start winning and getting up the table if we dont then a malaise will set in and Parky will have to go. I think that the loss of Reid for the next month is really bad. I hoped that we would revert to one up top with Martin in behind. I hope however that with Reidy out we bring Fry in at left back and push JJ up into midfield where he can be more effective. I know we were poor second half on Saturday but at half time I could still see us winning. I may be over optomistic but I can still see us getting promoted this season and I believe that it is essential for the future of our club that we do. Lets give Parkinson our full support up till Christmas.
  • Options
    No way
  • Options
    I have to believe or I will just give up on life.
    So yes.
    PARKY FOR PRIME MINISTER/CHARLTON TO WIN THE 2014 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE/WAGGY FOR ENGLAND.
    COYR.
  • Options
    Isn't it funny how football changes. Only a few weeks ago everyone was saying how well Parky has done and after a few results that hasn't gone our way everyone is turning their back on him.

I think once we get a run of results we'll find ourselves up there and we will stay there. Play offs I think it'll be but I think it will happen. As others has said, Positive Mental Attitude is what we need. We're going up this year, it's just a matter of time. I also have to believe that we will otherwise why are we here? Why are we bothering? If we don't believe then what's the point?

We all have something in common on here, we're all Charlton fans and football, not only Charlton is a huge part of our lives so we have to believe it.
  • Options
    Well I think we will be contenders rather than flirt with relegation. Trouble is the team is lopsided at the moment. Can Parky switch things? Of course he can but dropping Benson for an Abbot/Anyinsah front pairing will be painful for him. Is Solly good enough to out Francis? Not sure. Hope so. Sadly Martin has to go because he wrecks any team pattern with his flashes of brilliance but wholly inconsistent play. To get out of this division you need method and determination over flair. We lack the former at the moment.
  • Options
    Not this year.
  • Options
    So that's a No then !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Isn't it funny how football changes. Only a few weeks ago everyone was saying how well Parky has done

Everyone?
  • Options
    could do - yes

COYR!
  • Options
    It's not beyond the bounds of possibility.

I have a vision of Jonjo playing against us in the league next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely !!! I do we were excellent last night and I am signing into the asylum straight away !!!
  • Options
    Can he? Yes. Will he? Not sure yet. We've played very well last three games but we know from experience there's some dire performances in our repetoire too...
  • Options
    We have had three good results the last three games but from the games i have seen this season sofar we have alot more to do.This division is so tight you can jump or fall 9 places over three games as was the case with Charlton.Long way to go yet but i still fill we have not enough in the tank for Parkinson or any other manager to put Charlton in divison2 next season.Time will tell so enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    We do have a better balanced squad IMO- so of course he can - will and can are not the same but how can anybody be certain he can't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]of course he can - will and can are not the same but how can anybody be certain he can't.

To can it up, I can't, but I can and will if I can can up the will to say I can and will.
  • Options
    Will be fun playing West Ham next season
  • Options
    Promotion? why not! i'll let you know at the end of the season , now why have i got splinters in my bum? must be all that sitting on the fence!
  • Options
    If he keeps the same win ratio as he has the last three games then it is guarranteed...
  • Options
    It depends on whether he reverts back to being the over cautious pre Brighton Parky, or if he can continue being the play to your strengths ambitious post Brighton Parky.
  • Options
    I rekon so! COYR!