Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson to get Charlton promoted.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Even when we had a run at the beginning of last season and whilst we kept in touch throughout, there were always a few concerns. We found it a bit too hard to score and were a bit lax defensively at times. We were trying to accomodate our best players which meant compromising with the shape of the team. This continued with some new personnel this season and whilst we got some decent results our play wasn't always convincing. The thing is, I don't remember the side being as balanced as this.We now have an attack that you feel will get goals - we have a midfield where you believe Parky has found a way to get the best out of some very good players and because midfiled and attack are functioning, it makes life easier for an experienced defence. 3 games ago we seemed no nearer to finding this formula.

I think our biggest threat is injuries to key players but Parky has stumbled onto something and I believe he has the ability to keep hold of that. My concern previously was he wasn't taking the risks to find the formula that ultimately would make us a side who win most of their games. He's got there eventually and his strengths will now come to the fore. It probably suits us if other clubs underestimate just what a transformation has happened- unfortunately I think managers will be a bit more savvy. Before the new improved Charlton, one tactic was effective- put bodies in midfiled- don't give their players time on the ball and attack when you can -don't sit back - It amazed me that teams like MKDons came to the Valley and sat back - some managers are pretty thick - but fortunately this tactic will I am sure be no longer effective.

Lots of reasons for this miraculous transformation but for me the catalyst has been Anyinsah who is a a genuine discovery.Its not teh 3 wins, its just I feel the team is balanced and a threat and I honestly haven't felt like that for a good while.
  • Options
    To gain promotion you have to have a 20 goal striker and a strong spine to the team. We now have that striker in Benson/Anyinsah, we almost have the spine in Semedo, Dailly & Elliott.
    But is that enough ? - yes for a top six place but maybe not enough for a top two.
    Can we win the playoffs - yes

Just a pity we won't be playing palarse next season
  • Options
    He's the only manager that can rake Charlton up this season.