Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would Murray ask Curbishley back?

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
I think it's the $64,000 Dollar question that the fans would love to know.

I'm not sure what sort of relationship Murray had with Curbs when he left but lets say it was good , does anyone think our Chairman would have the balls ( or the money) to call Curbs if he got rid of Parkinson?

Comments

• Options
    What the hell man we can't afford Curbs!
  • Options
    Sod the money. Why would he come - he'd be on a total hiding to nothing.
  • Options
    If you were Curbs would you really want to come back? Our situation isn't exactly much different from his early days at the club, especially as he seems pretty intent on managin in the premier league. Don't see him having the desire to put so much work back into the club just to get it to level where he left us (probably not even to that level).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What the hell man we can't afford Curbs!

We know that but would he ask him for help in the short term maybe just for this season. Curbs does not need the money.
  • Options
    If he offered him 50% of the club if he got it back to being solvent through the performance of the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Sod the money. Why would he come - he'd be on a total hiding to nothing.

Not from the fans he wouldnt. In a funny kind of way he cant lose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]If he offered him 50% of the club if he got it back to being solvent through the performance of the team.

Thats not such a bad call.
  • Options
    I doubt he'd return on a two/three year deal, but maybe until the end of the season?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Sod the money. Why would he come - he'd be on a total hiding to nothing.

Oh don't make me laugh. You're telling me if Curbs had been in charge on Saturday, he wouldn't have got grief from the fans at the end of the game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I doubt he'd return on a two/three year deal, but maybe until the end of the season?

And if he was offered a percentage of the club as mascot88 suggested and he does get us promoted it's win win all around.
    The club is worth at least double in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]

Oh don't make me laugh. You're telling me if Curbs had been in charge on Saturday, he wouldn't have got grief from the fans at the end of the game?

If he had been there two years yes. But i dont believe for one minute we would be getting beat 4-0 at home in league 1 if curbishley had been with us that long.
  • Options
    I don't believe we would have been done 4-0 at home if curbs had been here a month....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]If he offered him 50% of the club if he got it back to being solvent through the performance of the team.

Thats not such a bad call.

Its the only solution I can think of, and it would tie him in...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's a great call but again it all depends on the original question . What was their relationship like when he left and would Murray swallow his pride and ask him?
  • Options
    Well, Curbs never managed us in League 1 but let's not pretend that we did not have the occasional disaster at The Valley whilst he was in charge of the place.

All at The Valley: Leeds beat us 6-1 at home in the Premiership, Southend did us 3-0 in Tier Two in 1995, Boro beat us 5-2 at The Valley in Tier Two in 1994 and West Brom did us 4-1 at The Valley in 2005 in the Prem.

As far as I remember, the Brighton game was Parky's first really embarrassing defeat at home since he became manager.
  • Options
    According to my (very unreliable) sources we have done before.
  • Options
    Millwall as well. And thats just by scoreline, by performance you could make a list.
  • Options
    Short answer, no.
  • Options
    Not a chance.
  • Options
    millwall away was embarresing

nwv embarresing

brighton at home nail in coffin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he sacks Parky he'd be mad not to.

Whether Curbs would say yes is another debate.
  • Options
    Curbs would only possibly come back if we got into the Championship again.

That's what I heard via a couple of Chinese people whispering at the Upbeats dinner...
  • Options
    If Middlesbrough have got any sense, they'd offer him the job now. No interviews, no short-lists, just get him in and watch their club pull out of trouble. I reckon he'd take it too.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]If Middlesbrough have got any sense, they'd offer him the job now. No interviews, no short-lists, just get him in and watch their club pull out of trouble. I reckon he'd take it too.[/quote]

Tricky one, Boro are in the same place as we were in back in 2008 in the CCC, so how much does Curbs want to take a job with a club that are on the slide?

Strachan has filled the side with dud Jocks and their parachute payments are about to run out so the question is also on how much Gibson wants to put in?

Curbs might be tempted but this one has poison chalice written all over it.
  • Options
    Curbs left us a hero, he succeeded in bringing us up from nothing and destitute to not quite so destitute and to (what we thought) an established premiership side. when he left everything fell apart making him look even better. Now we are a 3rd division side with no money and struggling to get promotion. If he joins us and fails he will lose the hero status that he has built. Why would he take that risk?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    To answer the original question whether Murray would have the "balls"...Yes.
    But I don't think Curbs would come back right now ...
    He left us because he knew, with the resources available, he couldn't achieve more than he had...
    If he was frustrated with how the well was running dry then, I can't see our current situation appealing to him...
  • Options
    He would not comeback but then again he would have nothing to lose. He is not exactly the most coveted manager out of work and everyone sees us as a catastrophe of a club, so he comes back and fails, the media would say he was great for trying but who could have turned that club around!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]He would not comeback but then again he would have nothing to lose. He is not exactly the most coveted manager out of work and everyone sees us as a catastrophe of a club, so he comes back and fails, the media would say he was great for trying but who could have turned that club around![/quote]

Reasonable point.

For some reason, Curbishley does not appear a "sexy" name to a lot of Chairmen in the Premiership, especially the ones at the mid-sized clubs where he would want to work.

This is a mystery to me and I can't see why a CCC chairman has not given him a chance, especially the likes of Ipswich.
  • Options
    I love curbs but i am sorry to say if he would even think of coming back, i dont think curbs alone could work the magic to get us promoted.. not with all the other wa***** around him, the whole coaching lot need to go which in return = too much expense!
  • Options
    Not really "wa*****" are they?