Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would Murray ask Curbishley back?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Why wouldn't he come back? Every job in the Prem & most in the Championship he gets overlooked for. He's a football manager & he needs to manage. He's been out of work for over two years now & time wait's for no-one. This would be a great move for him as it could re-establish him as a manager & re-establish us as a football club to be proud of. He needs us as much as we need him. I just hope both parties realise it.[/quote]

A true statement that!
  • Options
    let's get it right! he doesn't think he's been overlooked. Other than the Villa job he hasn't to date been interested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]let's get it right! he doesn't think he's been overlooked. Other than the Villa job he hasn't to date been interested.

He was touting himself about in the summer saying that if he doesn't get offered a premiership job soon, he may have to start looking at the Championship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]let's get it right! he doesn't think he's been overlooked. Other than the Villa job he hasn't to date been interested.

When has he ever said that?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]let's get it right! he doesn't think he's been overlooked. Other than the Villa job he hasn't to date been interested.[/quote]

When has he ever said that?[/quote]

I haven't heard that but then he did a lot of world cup analysis which i wouldn't have seen & the question is likely to have been posed.
  • Options
    I heard he was offered and initially accepted the Hull job but changed his mind.
  • Options
    In about 7 or 8 years we would only complain when we didn't make Europe.
  • Options
    I believe Curbs hasn't taken a new job because he doesn't want one rather than not having been offered any.
    But anyway why would he come back to us? He is already a legend so his status with the fans can only go down, the pay and conditions would be much lower than he has become used to and forgetting all that if murray can't swallow enoguh pride to sack Parky he wont be able to swallow the amount to would take to crawl back and beg Curbs.
  • Options
    There is no chance Curbs will come back with no money to spend. Now once we get the new investment, that may be a different matter. Until then, we are treading water as we have been for 4 years and it will be a slow painful death unfortunately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]There is no chance Curbs will come back with no money to spend. Now once we get the new investment, that may be a different matter. Until then, we are treading water as we have been for 4 years and it will be a slow painful death unfortunately.

Even then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If curbs did come back who would be his 1st eleven? i think it would be very similar to parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]If curbs did come back who would be his 1st eleven? i think it would be very similar to parky.

True. We don't exactly have the equivalent of Mascherano and Tevez biding their time in the reserves, just waiting for the call to come in and save the day...
  • Options
    It's all very well saying we don't have the cash to sack him and pay up his contract. But as we've seen already, if we keep relying on that excuse/mentality then we just keep getting further into trouble and are ultimately worth less. My opinion is that the board need to stick up another £1m on top of the 7-15 they keep pumping in every year to keep us afloat in order to attract a better manager. The alternative is for us to keep reducing in value whilst we let a manager learn his trade. I know it's easy for me to say but imo it depends how much Murray wants to club to be worth something when he finds a buyer.
  • Options
    Give that million that i speak of to curbs
  • Options
    Another question on the same theme. If Curbs came back would we be more likely to attract new investment?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Another question on the same theme. If Curbs came back would we be more likely to attract new investment?[/quote]

Absolutely