Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rooney to leave man yoo

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Arsenal dont need Rooney at all. they already have a strong forward who links the play well in Chamakh. Absolutely no way wenger would look at shrek.

Arsenal don't need Rooney at all? Apart from the fact that any team in this world could need Rooney, Arse could do with him more thean most. Chamakh is hardly going to light up the prem i don't think. Out of "the Big 4" Arsenal need him more than anyone.

Chamakhs had a handful of games in english football and hes taken to the prem like a duck to water. Rooney is unfit, out of form and his off-field antics would anger wenger. im gonna leave it at that cos you dont half talk some shit andy.

Jesssus, enough with the hostility. To say any team doesn't need Rooney is stupid. Arsenal need big players to win leagues and to me, there is not many bigger than Rooney at the moment, wether he is unfit/out of form ect.

I think he will end up going to either Man City or Chelsea, but if Arsenal did pull there fingers out and put some cash up, i can't see any unhappy gooners.

why is it stupid?...the player has to suit the team, its tactics, its needs and its manager. Rooney and wenger would not get on. why would Arsenal want to spend a significant amount of money...which they probably cant afford....on a player that is unlikely to fit their mould.Chamakh, Arshavin, Nasri, Fabregas, Wiltshere, Walcott, Nasri, Bedtner, Van Persie, Ramsey, Vela all what you would class attacking players. Rooney, since his injury, is no longer in the messi/ronaldo bracket for me. most over-rated player in professional football, so no...arsenal dont need him.

As much as i respect your opinion i totally dissagree. When Rooney is on form i don't see many better forwards in Europe. The thing with Arsenal is (and looking on most arsenal forums about this matter) they keep talking about breaking this mould you talk about. I even think Rooney would benifit more around more football minded players. All to there own i guess, but i would LOVE to see Rooney in an Arsenal shirt around that type of football, can only be good for his game and England. Wether it will happen is another issue, but i don't see why any manager would rule out getting a talent such as Rooney.

Your suggesting a club could or should buy a player thats out of form (and lets be honest its been 8 months since he was playing well, so no sign of returning), highly unlikely to get along with the manager, would blow this season and next seasons budget and isnt desperately needed. Im telling you its not gonna happen and it doesnt need to happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]When did Arsenal last buy an English player?

Walcott?

How could I forget? Quite right - that would be in 2006 - not exactly a regular occurrence. I could be wrong, but I don't think Wenger would buy a "troubled" player - got his fingers burnt by the "fox in the box", as did we.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Arsenal dont need Rooney at all. they already have a strong forward who links the play well in Chamakh. Absolutely no way wenger would look at shrek.

Arsenal don't need Rooney at all? Apart from the fact that any team in this world could need Rooney, Arse could do with him more thean most. Chamakh is hardly going to light up the prem i don't think. Out of "the Big 4" Arsenal need him more than anyone.

Chamakhs had a handful of games in english football and hes taken to the prem like a duck to water. Rooney is unfit, out of form and his off-field antics would anger wenger. im gonna leave it at that cos you dont half talk some shit andy.

Jesssus, enough with the hostility. To say any team doesn't need Rooney is stupid. Arsenal need big players to win leagues and to me, there is not many bigger than Rooney at the moment, wether he is unfit/out of form ect.

I think he will end up going to either Man City or Chelsea, but if Arsenal did pull there fingers out and put some cash up, i can't see any unhappy gooners.

why is it stupid?...the player has to suit the team, its tactics, its needs and its manager. Rooney and wenger would not get on. why would Arsenal want to spend a significant amount of money...which they probably cant afford....on a player that is unlikely to fit their mould.Chamakh, Arshavin, Nasri, Fabregas, Wiltshere, Walcott, Nasri, Bedtner, Van Persie, Ramsey, Vela all what you would class attacking players. Rooney, since his injury, is no longer in the messi/ronaldo bracket for me. most over-rated player in professional football, so no...arsenal dont need him.

As much as i respect your opinion i totally dissagree. When Rooney is on form i don't see many better forwards in Europe. The thing with Arsenal is (and looking on most arsenal forums about this matter) they keep talking about breaking this mould you talk about. I even think Rooney would benifit more around more football minded players. All to there own i guess, but i would LOVE to see Rooney in an Arsenal shirt around that type of football, can only be good for his game and England. Wether it will happen is another issue, but i don't see why any manager would rule out getting a talent such as Rooney.

Your suggesting a club could or should buy a player thats out of form (and lets be honest its been 8 months since he was playing well, so no sign of returning), highly unlikely to get along with the manager, would blow this season and next seasons budget and isnt desperately needed. Im telling you its not gonna happen and it doesnt need to happen.

Gary, you may have to look at the reason's why he is out of form before anything. As Fergie has stated, he is a quiet lad, and never caused and arguments or trouble around the training ground and with Fergie himself. This is why i think the matter of his form goes much deeper than any of us can speculate. A new start down south with a proven manager and a team playing Champions league football every season is what he needs. Yeah i agree, realistically it isn't going to happen, but you never know!
  • Options
    The idea of Arsenal spunking so much money on Wayne Rooney makes me laugh.

If he really is looking to leave Man U, then it's a difficult balance for them. Should they sell him to Man City (the only English club who I think would buy him) or should they wait until the end of the season, when he can buy out his contract? If Ferguson is serious about what he's saying, then it has to be sell now.

I can't see him going abroad. It's a bit early to be taking the payday in America, and Spain is too foreign. No other country would have clubs paying the type of wages he's looking for, unless maybe a Russian club.

All in all, this seems a really stupid move by Rooney. He's got an absolute maximum of three clubs who might buy him, which is whittled down to one because of what he's like. And that's before you ask whether clubs are actually interested in buying him or his injuries etc.

Maybe you believe Rooney is that stupid, but he'll have been advised by his agent and other 'experts' that this is what he should be doing. Which brings me back round to the idea that this is all a big game in the contract negotiations. If it is, he's been totally outplayed by Ferguson.
  • Options
    Gary - i must admit Andy does generally talk some crap on here but i've got to defend him here, are you honestly seriously trying to say that Chamakh is better than Rooney?

It's clear Rooney has had injury problems, marital problems and now according to Fergie we find out he's had financial problems too. But up until he got injured in March he was being talked about as the best player in the world, scoring 35 goals or whatever it was.

He is a much better all round player than Chamakh. We all know Arsenal can't afford Rooney but do you seriously think if he was offered him, Wenger would say "no thanks i've already got Chamakh".
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Gary, you may have to look at the reason's why he is out of form before anything. As Fergie has stated, he is a quiet lad, and never caused and arguments or trouble around the training ground and with Fergie himself. This is why i think the matter of his form goes much deeper than any of us can speculate. A new start down south with a proven manager and a team playing Champions league football every season is what he needs. Yeah i agree, realistically it isn't going to happen, but you never know!

Andy, i retrack my comment from earlier in the thread, was out of order and apologise on this occasion.

personally, i dont see a move to arsenal as a 'new start'. He'd be moving from the country third biggest city to its largest, where the media spotlight is even greater. The pressure of him blowing the wage and trasnfer budget at arsenal would be a huge burden for an out of form player quickly finding his form. I really cant see a way out for rooney atm, even a move abroad surely wont do him any favours!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Gary - i must admit Andy does generally talk some crap on here but i've got to defend him here, are you honestly seriously trying to say that Chamakh is better than Rooney?

at the moment mate, 100%. Chamakh is a player still finding his feet in the premiership. he's got 3 goals and 3 assists already in the league and has scored in the last 6 champions league games. He's improving and Rooney is getting worse. Whats to say wayne is going to find this return of form?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The exact player Arsenal need. Will they break the bank and put in a bid? In my opinion, Arsenal would be the only team in England United would accept a decent bid from with no trouble.

Andy, i retrack my comment from earlier in the thread, was out of order and apologise on this occasion.

personally, i dont see a move to arsenal as a 'new start'. He'd be moving from the country third biggest city to its largest, where the media spotlight is even greater. The pressure of him blowing the wage and trasnfer budget at arsenal would be a huge burden for an out of form player quickly finding his form. I really cant see a way out for rooney atm, even a move abroad surely wont do him any favours!

No worries. I think anything would be a new start, but let's face it, he will probs stay at United for unspeakable amounts of dollar.
  • Options
    Culturally I think Rooney would struggle at Arsenal, so I'm convinced he'll be City's last great big spend before the UEFA fair finance rules kick in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Culturally I think Rooney would struggle at Arsenal, so I'm convinced he'll be City's last great big spend before the UEFA fair finance rules kick in
    The most likely outcome, if they ship out some backups e.g. Adebayor, Bellamy, they will probably "save" enough to be able to offer Rooney the massive wages he would demand from City and they will still have a similar wage bill to what they have at the moment.

City have been saying they have a way round the UEFA finance rules such as getting middle eastern companies to offer multi million sponsorships but UEFA have said these will be forbidden under the new rules so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

The other likely destination is Real, Rooney is a big name, will sell shirts, tax is lower for foreign footballers in Spain so they won't have to offer as much as CIty and they could possibly offer Benzema in a part swap deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rooney's biggest problem is finding some form, until he does that the people will be VERY nervous about giving him a 200K four-year deal, which is what he is really after (or his "advisers" are).

He does not seem to be mentally or physically up to the challenge at the moment and you'd have to say that putting his future up for grabs is not going to help him re-capture that form one little bit.

Fergie, being the hard bastard that he is, will probably find Wayne a nice little spot on the bench so he can have a good, long think about it.

What's the betting that United sell Rooney and end up getting Torres? Not a bad deal in my book.
  • Options
    He's a great player but will need a strong Ferguson type manager, I can see his career heading on a downward spiral if he leaves Man Utd. The guy's an utter dick, look at the way he celebrates scoring at Goodison Park, kissing the badge in front of the Everton fans and going ott, there's no need for it, calm down, calm down!
  • Options
    No way Arsenal could afford him surely? On his way to City i reckon.
  • Options
    Rooney will never play in Spain - Guardiola wouldn't have him and neither would Mourinho. If Real had a different manager he might have ended up there, but even then it would be a stretch to suggest they would want him (he doesn't exactly give off the vibe that he would pick up the language that easily).

Italian clubs don't have the money to pay for him, so they're out

At his age, there's no way he would want to go to the MLS (unless it really is all about the cash with him and nothing else matters)

Realistically, the only teams he could go to are Chelski and Man Shitty. Personally, I think he's crocked. His ankle is hosed, and Ferguson has concocted a story about him wanting to leave to try and generate a bidding war between the two of them in the transfer window. That way he can keep Shrek on the bench with the occasional start, and blame his poor form on the fact he's unsettled. Rooney himself won't give a shit as he stands to make an absolute fortune from a front-loaded new contract, and probably wants out of Old Trafford anyway - since the club is f***ed and going the way of the mickeys in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Ah, the old 'bluff and hope they forget to do a medical' trick.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Rooney's biggest problem is finding some form...quote]

I would have thought his biggest problem was his alleged habit of paying for sex.
  • Options
    Leroy, you are assuming Mourinho has a say in all of Real's transfers. A player like Rooney would be a political move more than anything, Perez was responsible for signing Beckham, Owen and Woodgate so clearly likes/sees the marketing prospect of signing English players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Leroy, you are assuming Mourinho has a say in all of Real's transfers. A player like Rooney would be a political move more than anything, Perez was responsible for signing Beckham, Owen and Woodgate so clearly likes/sees the marketing prospect of signing English players.

got a feeling he could do. Mourinho is an unltimatum type manager and would walk out at any time if it isnt done his way, especially on signings.
  • Options
    Sorry but there is no way Wenger would bring him to Arsenal, if he wants to spunk money up the wall on an out of form striker who would have astronomical wages, then he would plump for Torres over Rooney.

Also, I think Rooney's carrer is a car crash waiting to happen, if he doesn't regain form I can see him being dropped by England, and then slowly slipping out of the picture and his career dive bombing from there, possibly even retiring by 30.

Then again he could start again (Man City I think, 99% of players don't give a flying f*ck about club loyalty, look at Gallas!) and push on in new surroundings and stick it to Fergie. I mean where better than City to do that? Frozen out of United, joins City and helps cement there place above United in the pecking order!
  • Options
    The quetion is, who will they replace him with?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]The quetion is, who will they replace him with?

Luke Varney
  • Options
    kanu
  • Options
    Berbatov has looked good this season already, but for the long term, Benzema, Pato, Llorente, Dzeko? All good players, but need to prove they are great before United look at them. The real question is can Owen, Macheda, Hernandez all step up and fill his boots?
  • Options
    listening to Jamie Redknapp and Merson on Sky last night they are of the opinion that wherever he's going it's done, dusted and agreed already...

Man City IMO

Can't see his missus wanting to move away from her family and ill sister
  • Options
    This is all about money. Has his agent been spoken to by Man City saying they would pay doulble Utds offer ? Ferguson will be gone in two years and City will no doubt battle it out with Chelsea as the dominant force in English football. Perhaps a combination of the above is behind all this. As for him going to Spain. Can you honestly see the moron settling in London never mind Madrid or Barcelona.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Three options in theory and one in reality. I am not counting Chelsea as even though Abramovich has the money, it is not by a long shot in keeping with his revised plan for breaking-even and stabilising spending. They have not signed a player above £20M since Shevchenko in 2006, and look how that turned out! Since then the likes of Di Maria, Benzema, Mascherano, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Villa, Silva, Kaka and of course Ronaldo have all moved in excess of this sum and Chelsea have barely been on the radar.

He will be worse than Karl Pilkington trying to settle in Madrid or Barcelona and as I intimated in a previous thread in my humble opinion I don't think he fits what they want unless he is prepared to be a squad player (yeah right) and in any event both want a 'different option' up front, which at the moment looks like a shoot-out for Fernando Llorente. Moreover, how many cards do you think he'd pick up in Spain?! Even Becks had about 10 Y 1 R on average per season, Rooney would be up there with 20-odd as the worst disciplined player in Liga BBVA.

IF he leaves, it will only be for Man City
  • Options
    Just seen Rooney at Sparrows Lane, shaking hands with Murray then heard a whisper that a swap deal with Benson has been agreed*

*Alledgedly for the CL lawyers
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Just seen Rooney at Sparrows Lane, shaking hands with Murray then heard a whisper that a swap deal with Benson has been agreed*

*Alledgedly for the CL lawyers

Another injured player! Why do we do it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]listening to Jamie Redknapp and Merson on Sky last night they are of the opinion that wherever he's going it's done, dusted and agreed already...

Man City IMO

Can't see his missus wanting to move away from her family and ill sister

i think it's his Mrs who is driving this and i'm sure the club will already be lined up. man city would be so funny. hope it is. see redknapp is going to try and destabilise spurs finances by asking the chairman. the injury suite at spurs should suit Rooney and his dodgy feet / ankles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite] Can't see his missus wanting to move away from her family and ill sister

She won't have to if she divorces him. Maybe that's why he wants a bumper new pay deal so he can afford to pay her.