Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rooney to leave man yoo

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Cyncial little f***er
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]
    Very commendable that Rooney has stayed at Man Ure for £150,000 a week and not been lured across the city for double that amount. It just shows that not all footballers are greed driven.

'Not greed driven'?! This is exactly what he is. If Man City bid £100m in January, I bet he'd still be up for going.
  • Options
    A saga even more surreal than Liverpool last week.

Yesterday, most media pundits were pontificating that he had played his last game for Man U, and even if fit Ferguson wouldn't have him in the team.

Can't believe it was all a ploy/facade on both sides, though. Ferguson may have known exactly what he was doing from the outset. And Rooney may ultimately be content because he's presumably got another whacking pay rise under the new contract. But in every other way it has surely backfired on him as in the process he has made himself an object of ridicule and shown the world that he is a nasty, petulant, self-absorbed ''cyncial little f***er'', as ISLS so eloquently puts it above...
  • Options
    So after all that it was all about money plain & simple.

Players these days do not even know they are born.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite] surely backfired on him as in the process he has made himself an object of ridicule and shown the world that he is a nasty, petulant, self-absorbed ''cyncial little f***er'', as ISLS so eloquently puts it above...

not really as those that think that thought so before this week - it's not as if he hasn't been pilloried in the press for the past two months - and I doubt very much that he gives a flying f*** either.
  • Options
    why is ferguson clever?.....fail to see what he has earned out of this episode other than an unsettled dressing room?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]why is ferguson clever?.....fail to see what he has earned out of this episode other than an unsettled dressing room?

I don't know if it's 'clever' as such, but having Wayne Rooney in your squad is probably better than not having him, even if he is a massive tw*t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]why is ferguson clever?.....fail to see what he has earned out of this episode other than an unsettled dressing room?

I don't know if it's 'clever' as such, but having Wayne Rooney in your squad is probably better than not having him, even if he is a massive tw*t.

i understand that but someone mentioned the fergie has been very very clever. maybe im missing something.
  • Options
    Rooney had no other option but to stay:

His missus wouldn't have let him move South to Chelsea because of her family & her little sister, so because he is still in the dog house with her that eliminated this option.

He wouldn't go abroad, wouldn't have settled and would hav struggled with the language etc....

Which leaves City and the fact that he had people threatening him last night at his back gate probably told him this was a bad idea.
  • Options
    The Glazers have blinked on this, saw the problems of a Rooney sale would have on them, have probably told them they'll spend big in the summer, and pay him well.

That said, if 3 top quality 'Marquee' players don't sign in the summer, I suspect he'll agitate for a move again then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't imagine for one moment that he enjoyed having to say : 'I’m sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they’ve read and seen, and it’s up to me through my performances to win them over again.'

He doesn't do humble and contrite very well. But I'm sure the money will help him get over it - £180k a week according to The Guardian on-line, £200k a week if you believe the Daily Mail''s web-site.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The Glazers have blinked on this, saw the problems of a Rooney sale would have on them, have probably told them they'll spend big in the summer, and pay him well.

That said, if 3 top quality 'Marquee' players don't sign in the summer, I suspect he'll agitate for a move again then.

I don't see how they can promise signings though. Obviously I know they can say the words but how can someone believe them? You don't know what the market will be like, what overriding events there will be in the meantime, what about the fact that 90% of the top say 50 players in the world already play for Man U, Chelsea, Real, Barca, Milan, Inter etc. are united really able/likely to go and raid them?

That's why I think it's the cash and changing the wage structure that has got him thinking he gets the £ he wants, has no hassle of moving, no repercussions and keeps the missus happy for once.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]surely backfired on him as in the process he has made himself an object of ridicule and shown the world that he is a nasty, petulant, self-absorbed ''cyncial little f***er'', as ISLS so eloquently puts it above...

not really as those that think that thought so before this week - it's not as if he hasn't been pilloried in the press for the past two months - and I doubt very much that he gives a flying f*** either.

It's the Man Utd fans that he's lost.

How much was the summer deal reported to be? It was said he'd be the best paid player in English football, so how much less than £180k/£200k?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

i understand that but someone mentioned the fergie has been very very clever. maybe im missing something.

He brought it all out in the open and got the press calling his tune in the papers and on TV. And now as a result he's got want he wanted all along ie Rooney to re-sign on a much longer contract. Now if Wayne leaves MU will get a bigger fee for him plus it avoids the endless "will he/won't story" we saw with Ronaldo and Henry.
  • Options
    It's all to do with Jose being there within the next 24 months and then watch the players flock to Man Utd
  • Options
    I see it is now being reported Ferguson has made Rooney apologise to the other Man U players.

If true, he really does seem to want to rub the player's nose in it and reassert his managerial authority in a fairly brutal way.

But I suppose we would all put up with such ritual humiliation in return for £180-200k per week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]
    Very commendable that Rooney has stayed at Man Ure for £150,000 a week and not been lured across the city for double that amount. It just shows that not all footballers are greed driven.

'Not greed driven'?! This is exactly what he is. If Man City bid £100m in January, I bet he'd still be up for going.

whoooooooooosh!
  • Options
    Joke League......unreal
  • Options
    I heard man city had agreed 200k per week after tax , so approx 400k per week !!
    Ridiculous ....
    I think he signed so Man Utd can sell him for a higher figure in the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010