Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

rooney to leave man yoo

Comments

• Options
    Simples innit - Rooney to City, Torres to Man United then the centre foward of the club of the manager replacing Hodson to Liverpool.

It's all been sewn up long ago and it's just a case of the various parties trying to spin it their way between now and Jan.
  • Options
    Man Yoo can't afford Torres unless they get big money for Rooney (£30m plus) and then all of that money is used for Torres. Part of, if not all the money for Rooney will be used to service the debt, they got away with it when they sold Ronaldo because they got a huge amount, this time will be different.

Unless they clear their debt, Man Yoo spending more than £5 million on a player will be a thing of the past.
  • Options
    Cant see anyone other than Man City if it happens.

Although Ajax or Sparta Prague might be worth a shout.
  • Options
    Bayern Munich have a bit of money to chuck about these days?

From an English prespective, i would love to see Rooney playing for a foriegn club, or a foreign style of play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Cant see anyone other than Man City if it happens.

Although Ajax or Sparta Prague might be worth a shout.

Hamburg would be a solid option as well
  • Options
    One place he would never go is Italy though, the way they really get into the personal lives of the players, and how professional they expect the players to be in their lifestyle etc. wouldn't suit him at all. I think Man City is the only viable option moneywise, plus if I was a manager I wouldn't want him now, as he seems to think he is bigger than the teams he is put in.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    A friend of mine writes for ESPN.

Rooney Article
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]The quetion is, who will they replace him with?

Luke Varney

That made me laugh out loud!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited October 2010
    Meant to be some kind of statement coming out in the next hour from Rooney
  • Options
    Just signed a 5 year deal with Manchester United
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he's just signed a new 5 year contract for man utd
  • Options
    just signed a new 5 year contract.
  • Options
    Any news on this?

Has he signed a new contract or what?
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many years on his new contract?
  • Options
    All that for a few more quid, greedy bastard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Any news on this?

Has he signed a new contract or what?

Keep up old man!
  • Options
    150 grans a week, apparantly
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wonder what he'll come out and say now? "Oh i never really wanted to leave".

It's funny how 2 days ago according to him, United lacked ambition and couldn't sign the top players any more, now stick a few extra grand on his wage packet, and suddenly all is well in the world.

I genuinely think the greedy c*nt wanted to go but has been shocked at the backlash he's received and had second thoughts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Does anyone know how many years on his new contract?

five i reckon. But please dont quote me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]five i reckon.
  • Options
    both sides playing a game of bluff. Game over now so everyone is happy.

Lots of egg on the face of journo's who lapped up the spin from inside Old Trafford about him being finished, wanting to leave, family issues, blah, blah, blah.

Very clever Fergie, very clever Rooney's agents. Just all bargaining ploys.
  • Options
    Very commendable that Rooney has stayed at Man Ure for £150,000 a week and not been lured across the city for double that amount. It just shows that not all footballers are greed driven.
  • Options
    I tell you what Adrian Durham and Mickey Quinn will look more like fools than ever

Bloke phoned Yesterday

Caller
    Rooney will sign a deal at Man Yoo

Durham

Dont be so stupid he will never play for them again

Caller

Mouriniho will be boss next season or the one after rooney knows this from talks with Gill today and will be staying

Durham
    Dont you just love these man utd fans unable to accept that Man yoo are in decline

Quinn
    Deluded the lot of them thats why i hate Man yoo
  • Options
    I read that the ex vacuum salesman who is Rooneys agent stood to gain £5 million if he tranferred abroad, but only £500,000 if he stays at Man U
    Half a mill for getting someone else to sign a piece of paper? Crkey

I wonder how long his new contract will be.
    If only there was some information published somewhere
  • Options
    So our bid failed then?
  • Options
    What a weird situation, 2 days ago he said they lacked ambition now he signs a new deal.

Maybe he will still be sold but this ensures United get more money (Ronaldo staying for an extra season) and so Rooney doesn't walk out for nothing in 18 months time.
  • Options
    Something pretty dramatic has clearly happened over the last 24 hours to make Rooney change his mind. My view is that he realised his only option in England was to go to City and he figured out that the move was not sensible. This was not a set up, Ferguson only went public with this because he thought he had lost Rooney already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Maybe he will still be sold but this ensures United get more money (Ronaldo staying for an extra season) and so Rooney doesn't walk out for nothing in 18 months time.
    My exact thoughts on this
  • Options
    Haha, I bet Evra is feeling a little awkward now...