Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    4-3 ft!!! what a fluke!
  • Options
    Wife has just had a text from her mate who stopped off at Brunton Park on route to a family party in Glasgow.

"WTF happened there? Went from Real Madrid to FC Toilet of SE7 the second we let in the first goal. We need a new keeper".
  • Options
    Fantastic feeling getting al ast minute winner under such circumstances but serious questions have to be asked about the situations the team keep finding themselves in.
  • Options
    fucking disgusting to throw a 3 goal lead away, pleased with the result but that is just shockin.
  • Options
    Lucky win or have they finally gelled?
  • Options
    fancy us to beat weds ,i still feel we will at the end of season fail,but that might kickstart something who can tell. its a dreadful league with equally dreadful teams and four much better teams than us who be above us come the end of the season.surprised so many fancied carlisle to beat us in the poll charlton always perform better playing these droll teams
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]fucking disgusting to throw a 3 goal lead away, pleased with the result but that is just shockin.

Absolutely.
  • Options
    Elliott at fault for 2 of their 3. Oi Ross fancy a go in goal again?
  • Options
    That goal should have made me go more mad than it did.

Very very lucky.

Hythe Town into the 1st Round of the FA Cup for the first time ever!
  • Options
    well done to benson, I think he may just have saved parky's job...for now...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Cant be bothered to pick over the bones of who to blame for letting a 3 goal lead slip, going to head out and have a few beers on the back of this one.

We won 4-3 away from home on probably our longest away trip, great effort to all those who went, you deserved a performance at last.
  • Options
    This is a good result for the Parky Outers, a win but throwing away a 3 goal lead reflects badly on him.
  • Options
    as per north stand steves comments. Parky should not have allowed a 3 goal to slip. Idiot (s).
  • Options
    Wonder if the 2 goals were offside? Not that it should have matter but 4 or 5 nil up and it'd have been a different story
  • Options
    I dont think the win can paper over the fact we are still in the same rut, how a team can throw away so many leads is beyond me, a good win but with caveats (as per).
  • Options
    Just goes to show how shite we are though haha!

Would have went on to lose that if it was a home game...

Lets just get behind the lads in this situation!
  • Options
    As I've said before, it's all about the performance and by throwing a 3 goal lead away just shows that the team setup and approach in the second half just couldn't have been right. These are the things that govern performance and that is Parky's responsibility. At the moment I don't think he has a clue. Will he learn?
  • Options
    LMAO so it's parky's fault Elliott and Warnor cant deal effectively with crosses (one too short the other too fat)
  • Options
    After that fightback, Carlisle supporters must be gutted.

Let's make Benson our Player Manager :)
  • Options
    I team showed great character picking theselves up after losing a three goal lead. Great win, massive boost for all concerned, now hopefully we can go on a little run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]LMAO so it's parky's fault Elliott and Warnor cant deal effectively with crosses (one too short the other too fat)[/quote]

Yes he trains them does he not? and in Worners case he bought him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rob[/cite]As I've said before, it's all about the performance and by throwing a 3 goal lead away just shows that the team setup and approach in the second half just couldn't have been right. These are the things that govern performance and that is Parky's responsibility. At the moment I don't think he has a clue. Will he learn?

Was Parkinson out there playing then? I would squarely lay the blame for that at the players door.

Wrong team selction = manager at fault
    Stupid mistakes on the field = players at fault
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    right i will nail my colours to the mast early doors

i blame the players for the 3 goal slide, robbie at fault for 2 and 3 defenders let the ball come over for the 3rd should not have happend but their arses had gone.

i dont think the final scoreline does pp any favours a win comfortably and the fans leave him alone but i tell you what i think that the players after folding so bad have repaid him especially benson

i will take the psitives from today and not the negatives.

i understand the feelings of those disgusted at the 3 goal reverse i was fuming as well but i told uncle i cant hold pp responsible his half time team talk worked we score within 2 mins of the re start

the players let him down and ultimately couldve cost him his job tonight instead they have given him another episode of breathing time and he owes them a great deal of thanks for that.

but boys on the positive side we were 3 up and coasting.. mistakes cost us

benson and anyinsah works

doherty and daily doesnt

semedo and racon works

francis wastes the ball far too much

waggy works

now he needs to assess and make changes to get this team going properly
  • Options
    Stupid mistakes on the field time and time again = manager at fault
  • Options
    Yay, so Parkinson can do nothing right it seems.

Certainly not been a big supporter of his, especially after the way we fell apart last weekend but just give yourself a break please.

Enjoy the win for today even if its just for yourselves, we can pick it apart during the whole of this week after we have some reaction from those who went.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Elliott at fault for 2 of their 3. Oi Ross fancy a go in goal again?

it's never elliot's fault conceding goals. you know the rules!
  • Options
    5 in 8 now for benson isn't it?
    not a bad return so far, especially after the supporters who assumed he was a "donkey" after his first match..
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]c/a/f/c [/cite]
    off-it, i did win enough thanks, Like i said. Life savings can always go on charlton. We are shite. Like ive also said 1000 times, soon as you realise it, the better. We are a club in crisis. Hope they score a 4th

This is a wind up, surely? Why on earth would you want your team to concede a fourth goal? Strange.
  • Options
    Well said NLA, I agree with that.

Lets try and take the positives out of this whilst continuing to work on the weaknesses. I'm worried about our seeming vulnerability to crosses, not sure if that's down to the fullbacks allowing wingers too much time and space or the central defenders being poor at dealing with them or even the keeper creating nerves. Needs looking at whatever it is.

Well done though boys for keeping going to the final whistle.
  • Options
    Wife just off the phone to an attendee.

Elliott had an absolute shocker apparently. Could have cost us inside the first minute. Did cost us two and was generally shite for 90+ mins. Apparently looks like the keeper who was dropped for Randolph towards the end of last season.

Get Worner in. Yes he is a flapper, but you can get better with experience. He looks a better all rounder to me.