Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle Match Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Not sure what fatuous means, though I am fat....

Direct quote from Parky off the BBC site, he's blaming the ref for our second half performance

Not you IA; sorry I was referring to incorruptible addick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Don't be fatuous IA, you know exactly what covered end means

I'm afraid I don't. I've no idea why anyone believes Benson should feel more comfortable playing at away grounds than at his home ground.

So apologies for being fatuous.Perhaps I'm not very bright. I thought one always talked about ''home advantage'' in football. Indeed, Parky was this week talking about how excellent our home form had been over the lasst 30-something matches.

So I genuinely don't get the point at all. And what's more, I don't even believe it's true that he's more comfortable playing away from the Valley.

Oh stop it you scallywag; my name isn't Henry
  • Options
    A fatuous scallywag? Sounds like something out of P.G. Wodehouse. Or Frank Richards' Billy Bunter stories, perhaps!
  • Options
    Oh phoey! Nice one jazzy, at over three to one I think the bookies went a bit chicken oriental..... we have the potential of being a very good away side with Waggy, Anyainsah and crock atm Reid. Benno also enjoys a bit of space that the can drop into and link play, something we don't get at home without Abbott playing next to him.
  • Options
    Thanks Colin, and i must say A: i am wrong about Benson (showing he is worh a place in the side) b: i knew Anyinsah would be a diamond! good player! i want to see him start again!!!!!
  • Options
    As good a player as Reid undoubtably is, I think we'll be better off away from home playing with just one winger (Waggy because of his fitness) and Jackson in midfield. That means we can keep Benson and Anyinsah up front with Benson playing a bit deeper if required. Keep Reidy fit and fresh to terrorise defences at the Valley.