Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlisle Match Thread

Comments

• Delighted that finally we are creating chances and scoring goals. I have no problem with Parky staying so long as he learns from his mistakes. But it has to be said that this business of throwing away leads has happened far too often. Sort it out Parky
  • yawn, we won, benson got a brace, wagstaff was great, anyinsah even better, dailly was miles above the rest in defence, doherty sucks, francis sucks, elliot needs to be dropped and told u get his fitness back. Jackson was good as well, time i think for him to move into midfield full time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]After listening to the game (and trying to report n here as best I could when not getting kicked out) the Benson/Anyinsah pairing sounded as though it could have the makings of a good goal-scoring partnership. Benson sounded as though he was battling for the scraps from anyinsah and although he missed a few chances, he did score two and you can only do that by being in the right place and know where the goal is. I think this pairing should be the favoured one, and with reid back in a few weeks time that could really be a formiable attack, with good support from Waggy/Martin. I might even put Jacko in the middle of the park instead of Racon...got to be worth a shout.

No surprise that we looked a real threat for the 45 mins that Benson and Anyinsah were together against Dagenham. Agreed, this pairing should be the way forward.
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]We are extremely fortunate to be in such a position.
    Maybe, but that's where we are. Similar things were said last season, but we stayed in the top 6.

The league looks even closer this season.

Every club will have points they were fortunate to get, and others they only just missed out on. We are not the only club having games close games.

Again we scored late on and hopefully that's a sign of our fitness levels, which could be even more important as the season goes on.

As I said it's a close league, the margin between a good result and a poor one is very small. Out of 9 winning teams in League One today, only 2 won by more than 1 goal, Brighton and Tranmere.
  • Our OS reporter must have had some sort of heart seizure during that frantic final few mins. An hour after the final whistle they still haven't managed to get a match report up yet, let alone Parky's post-match comments!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]3 points is 3 points.

Enjoy the moment and dissect it when we hear from those actually there.

Mate of mine who was up there phoned me after the game absolutely ecstatic. He also phoned me when it went to 3-3 and he was near suicidal. Football can be such a truly amazing game sometimes.

Anyway, he reckons we deserved the points on balance. Played really well first half and for part of the second, then just seemed to push the self-destruct button.

Made a special mention of Benson and said he looked good.

No doubt others who were there will add their views once they get back to civilisation!
  • What a roller coaster .

Had Benson not got us out of jail then I think the Parky out movement would have gained some momentum , as it is a win is a win and another one against Wednesday makes his position safer again. Success in Football can sometimes literally be such key events .

Let's try and be positive .

I commented last week that we lost at Brentford , Exeter and Huddersfield where we drew last season , I feel the win today has retrieved those three points.
  • OS report now up.

As you'd expect they're fairly cautious about attributing blame for letting the three goal lead slip. But they do mention a couple of good saves by Elliot, including one on 57 mins that was ''miraculous'', apparently...
  • nowt about him throwing his hat away then getting caught out by misjudging a cross because the sun was in his eyes
  • Didn't someone on here have £80 on us at 9/4 or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Benson seems to be playing better away than at The Valley
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Benson seems to be playing better away than at The Valley

Yes, I too normally feel more at ease when I haven't got a load of idiots criticising me.
  • I have to salute all the Charlton fans there today. There's nothing like coming away from Carlisle with a win, and doing it that late must have been great for the fans.

But it should not stop Parky analysing the weaknesses in the team. It's brilliant we finally started well, and got three goals, as we so rarely dominate the opening phase. We are often able to compete in the last fifteen mins, because Parky's built an impressive bench. But why o why do we so often just retreat and become a nothing team for so many phases.

Parky did not analyse why we were rubbish in the first half against Plymouth, and got out of jail with a poorly defended Benno goal. There has to be a massive look at where we are giving up possession and territory. A team rarely dominates all phases of game, but all too often at the start and here in the second half why do we give up alarming ammounts of territory? Our midfield is too deep, and that is why crosses/passes can cause problems leading to goals.

When i see Charlton Waggy and Semedo will harras all match. I just can not see that way parky wants us to play that we can get away without playing McCormack. If he refuses to play Jackson in the middle, someone needs to be there in the middle physically dragging our midfield up ten yards so we don't let chances go down the throats of our defenders time after time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Benson seems to be playing better away than at The Valley

Yes, I too normally feel more at ease when I haven't got a load of idiots criticising me.

You need to develop a thicker skin, then - and perhaps Benson does, too, if he's going to blame the fans for his lack of goals at the Valley?

But I doubt that he'd use such a lame excuse. Especially as Parky told us the time for excuses was over!
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Benson seems to be playing better away than at The Valley

You need to develop a thicker skin, then - and perhaps Benson does, too, if he's going to blame the fans for his lack of goals at the Valley?

But I doubt that he'd use such a lame excuse. Especially as Parky told us the time for excuses was over!

benson is blaming the valley fans? well that's got to be up there, in a long line of shit excuses
  • No he's not said anything of the sort. I'm simply saying that it may be easier to play away from home, if at home you have a lack of vocal support and in fact you have an edgy atmosphere and individuals at the very least shouting out that you are crap.

To repeat, I said it not Benson, but it ain't rocket science.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite] a lack of vocal support and in fact you have an edgy atmosphere and individuals at the very least shouting out that you are crap.

A very good description of an away match, I would have thought!
  • It was the Ref's fault

"I felt that when we got the third, we started to believe that we'd done it, and you've never done it in football.

When you have a ref like we did today, who I normally like, I thought he was Carlisle's best player in the second half, giving them every decision and every free-kick."
  • Don't be fatuous IA, you know exactly what covered end means
  • Just looking at the squads today..... Thank god Kavanagh wasn't playing today.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2010
    Not sure what fatuous means, though I am fat....

Direct quote from Parky off the BBC site, he's blaming the ref for our second half performance
  • edited October 2010
    Silly quote, saw it and heard it on BBC. If he admits his team drops deep, and let in too many crosses his answers are there. Let's hope for once Parky actually makes a proactive decision to address this. Carlisle are a good side, if struglling with injuries, but we need to be more solid against all in this div.

Good to see Waggy seemed to be making good chances today. With one assist he is quickly becoming our most reliable player. When Kyle get's back it's clear what we need to do. Jackson is assisting and scoring, he needs to be in the middle at home with Reid on the left. And in many away matches we can play the more physical mcCormack.
  • Its great that we have turned around a result that was a defeat last season, not any easy place to go and they have been doing well. yes it papers over the cracks but we can analyse those over the next few days, in the meantime we can glory in an exciting game and three points.

If we take equivalent games last season we are on the same points with the next three games only eliciting three points last season.
  • edited October 2010
    FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I had the £80 bet on charlton to win! £260 i got. HAPPY DAY FOR ME!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Don't be fatuous IA, you know exactly what covered end means

I'm afraid I don't. I've no idea why anyone believes Benson should feel more comfortable playing at away grounds than at his home ground.

So apologies for being fatuous.Perhaps I'm not very bright. I thought one always talked about ''home advantage'' in football. Indeed, Parky was this week talking about how excellent our home form had been over the lasst 30-something matches.

So I genuinely don't get the point at all. And what's more, I don't even believe it's true that he's more comfortable playing away from the Valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]Not sure what fatuous means, though I am fat....

Direct quote from Parky off the BBC site, he's blaming the ref for our second half performance

Not you IA; sorry I was referring to incorruptible addick
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Don't be fatuous IA, you know exactly what covered end means

I'm afraid I don't. I've no idea why anyone believes Benson should feel more comfortable playing at away grounds than at his home ground.

So apologies for being fatuous.Perhaps I'm not very bright. I thought one always talked about ''home advantage'' in football. Indeed, Parky was this week talking about how excellent our home form had been over the lasst 30-something matches.

So I genuinely don't get the point at all. And what's more, I don't even believe it's true that he's more comfortable playing away from the Valley.

Oh stop it you scallywag; my name isn't Henry
  • A fatuous scallywag? Sounds like something out of P.G. Wodehouse. Or Frank Richards' Billy Bunter stories, perhaps!
  • Oh phoey! Nice one jazzy, at over three to one I think the bookies went a bit chicken oriental..... we have the potential of being a very good away side with Waggy, Anyainsah and crock atm Reid. Benno also enjoys a bit of space that the can drop into and link play, something we don't get at home without Abbott playing next to him.
  • Thanks Colin, and i must say A: i am wrong about Benson (showing he is worh a place in the side) b: i knew Anyinsah would be a diamond! good player! i want to see him start again!!!!!