Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What did you do when Benson scored in Extra time?

Comments

• Options
    I'm going out tonight now, don't worry about that! I'll be wearing my Charlton top with pride!!
  • Options
    Lived, Loved, Laughed and was Happy
  • Options
    Scared the bejeesus out of my flatmates!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Blood Pressure shot up even more than usual, when Stelling said on Sky "There's been a 7th goal at Brunton Park, have Carlisle secured the great come back"; then covered my eyes in dread, but was delighted when they said 3-4! Only 3 points off 2nd Place!!!

Come on you Reds!
  • Options
    Screamed get the f*ck in there benno you beauty why jumping around the room with the old man. Then had to listen jst incase it was dissalowed. A couple of seconds silence until i knew it had actually been given then a bit more jumping around
  • Options
    Christ there are some miserable sods on here - how can you not be happy with an injury time winner?!

(Also, there seems to be a fair bit of incontinence around!)
  • Options
    i went mental i had kicked the bejesuss out of a pot in the garden when they equallised and had to say sorry to the missus for breaking it.

i then jumped around screaming get in there bennnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo kissing the kids and cuddling my baby girl who was looking at me like i was mad
  • Options
    Thought "why the freek did it get to this, we were 3 Nil up"

Had that thought in Mothercare by the way
  • Options
    Same as Nolly.

Had an away 4 fold of Pompey, Charlton, Peterborough, Tranmere. Gutted.
  • Options
    got another bet gone on to west ham jt,not as confident though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Screamed yes and thanked my lucky stars I support a rollercoaster club like ours as the SKy commentators continued to cream themselves over Chelsea's 1-0 win and the Rooney "saga"

Very proud of Charlton today great result.
  • Options
    Shrugged my shoulders and thought "I knew Parky would guide us to victory"
  • Options
    we are no more rollercoaster perfomance wise than most,less in fact
  • Options
    Nothing, Its Absolutely Disgraceful For Us Almost To Draw That Game While Being 3-0 Up
  • Options
    frightened the life out of my 6yr old sitting next to me and the wife and eldest in the kitchen, making the wife jump and spill her cup of tea!

Then the little 'un started laying into me coz I scared her!
  • Options
    Paused f1 game and punched the air
  • Options
    shouted out 'fucking get in there' and punched the sky in the golf shop at west essex golf course and then explained to my 4 year old son that charlton had won, before i realised it may not have finished ....... then text my mate who had laid us at 3.6 betfair value to me for a tidy sum .... COYR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]Nothing, Its Absolutely Disgraceful For Us Almost To Draw That Game While Being 3-0 Up

You weren't pleased that we scored then?
  • Options
    Huge relief as it's been a god awful week to be a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    I was angry too but said when it was 3-3 that we would either win it or lose it -couldn't see a draw. So when we scored the winner I calmly said- "I told you so".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally, I think the 3 goal balls-up is more telling than a last minute corner which resulted in salvation.
  • Options
    Agreed Shooter's. Reckon that Benson will be allowed to sit up front with PP and the driver on the coach back.

Possibly one of the most important goal's in a manager's career in recent times.

Lets hope we can build on it.
  • Options
    Went Garrity. Class finish from Benson. On the train home - the winner made the long journey worthwhile. At Lancaster. Waiting to see if any Nigels get on at Preston.
  • Options
    Was inside at work and was serving a customer when someone said Benno scored, went to refrest the match thread but of course it froze for about ten mins, went to refresh BBC website but that thing is so slow to update it's pointless, served the customer came back and there it was 3-4. Heart was pounding but was delighted with it.
  • Options
    did benson or any charlton players run to the charlton bit after snatching it tutt-tutt?
  • Options
    most of the players ran over to us, Waggy was going mental and Benno was just besides himself.

After that Benno got the ball in a good attacking position and rather than go for glory he took the ball to the corner flag to waste time, to me that showed him to care about the team and not just a glory hat-trick merchant.
  • Options
    Was thinking before the game how a 0-0 would be a good result. Made a tit of myself in the sports bar on city road when we scored the first goal. Job done, i thought, when I left to go home at 2-0 up at half time. Then read the match thread when I got home and still got stressed out! Supporting Charlton takes years of your life I reckon!
  • Options
    Smiled.
    Alot.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I couldn't take being around any football today so went to the cinema, checked the result when I came out. Mixed emotions of frustration of throwing away a 3 goal lead but I think it is trumped by last minute winner. Well done everyone who listened and even more so to anyone who went up there, you deserved that.
  • Options
    Best feeling I've had at an away game in my 5 years of going to them.

After the euphoria of going three up, the anxiety caused by their first two goals, then the despair of the equaliser. In short, I went absolutely fooking mental.

Well worth the 300 mile round trip from uni, and although I was complaining before the game at having to pay £20 for a ticket (as a student, it's normally a tenner max away in this poxy league), it's day's like today which confirm why we're all fans. Amazing feeling amongst the masses....