Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle 3 - 4 Charlton - Post match views

wow they do like to make it difficult.

In the 1st minute, we failed to close down one of Carlisle's midfileders who had a terrific shot, Elliott spilled it and their striker put it over when it was easier to put it in the net.

After that we settled down and when we managed to play the ball on the ground we did well, first goal the ball came in from the right (Waggy I think) and Jackson was unmarked at the far post to slot it in, Joe was always a threat, he is certainly fast and chased lost causes and made them his, scored a good goal and then the 3rd was close range from Benson. At the beginning of the second half the wind was blowing hard down the field in Carlisle's favour, they changed to long ball tactics and we just didn't have an answer, after scoring one we went deeper and deeper and it was just time before the next 2 went in. At the end we had a corner on the right which was taken by Francis, rather than Jackson, and Benson was there to put a bullet header in the goal

Applause for Dailly, Seemdo, Waggy, Joe and Benson

Pat on the back for Fry & Jackson

A kick up the jakzie for Elliott, Doc, Racon, Sodge and the ref.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers mate, always good to hear from those that went.
  • Options
    On the plus side,

4 goals away from home.
    Wagstaffe was mustard today, tormented the left back, 2 assists and numerous quality crosses.
    Benson scored 2 from 3 chances, won a number of headers as the main target for outlet balls.
    Anyinsah took his goal well and run the opposition Back Four ragged until tiring.
    Semedo and Racon played well in spells, although still went missing when the opposition got going.

On the negative side,

The Back 4 fell apart in the (second half after Carlisle switched to a direct style. Grella (on loan from Leeds took Docherty & Dailly apart.

A good overall performance in which we showed plenty of spirit, worked hard as a team and always liked dangerous (we had the ball in the net 6 times). But looked wide open at times and struggled defensively.
  • Options
    Sounds like a balanced assessment.
  • Options
    is this the post match views thread .............

anyway what a result , much better than winning 1-0 , the rollerocaster is banter!

sounds like we need a proper keeper and the defence needs to sort itself out
    fairplay waggy bringing some assists to the table keep up the good work
    well done benno
    well done parky for making a few changes
    i believe the players are there for a decent promotion push (keeper apart)
    but can mr parkinson get the best of them , fingers crossed
    all this shit about i wish we lost cos it'd mean parky goes is crap , surely it's better to hope he keeps on winning forever and ever !

anyway 0.5% automatic promotion 49.5% play offs 50% we'll have a chance to bring less than 200 to carlisle next season
  • Options
    Still more questions than answers concerning practically everything at The Valley as far as I am concerned. Very chuffed with the result though.
  • Options
    http://www.doctorkish.com/cgi-bin/clinic/display.pl?month=201010&date=20101023&time=1920

Report on Doctor Kish. Seems Carlisle copied Brighton's midfield diamond but we exploited the space that left out wide.
    Inside the first few seconds Elliot parried a shot straight to Craig Curran who somehow fired over the top. It looked like being a long afternoon but football never ceases to surprise. The Addicks utilised the wide open spaces that were left by Carlisle's narrow midfield diamond with Wagstaff tormenting the makeshift left-back.
  • Options
    Im just home.Loved it,spirit and some good football.The whole occaision was almost ruined by the most biased homer of a ref,if one of ours looked at someone in a blue shirt it was a free kick,a carlisle player could do what he wanted and it was play on,and dont start about the linesman in front of us in the 2nd half was either blind or just a cheat.We were by far the better team first half,carlisles full backs were done for pace and we looked really good.Then we came out 2nd half and scored the chants of easy easy were coming out Ive been a Charlton fan since 1973 so I was still a little worried.The ref helped them so much,Im surprised he disallowed their goal attempt,after a fine save from our keeper.It was hard to see what happened for their goals because the sun came out! (yes im not intoxicated,it really did come out!) The support for the boys was tremendous I heard a few baying for Parkys head but the support was tremendous from the few and the noise when the 4th went in was brilliant so was the the "banter "with the "fans" that really didnt have too much to say.
    My son loved his first football match and wants to go again! Imhappy today!
  • Options
    A great result but not good for the heart! I am inclined to agree with Shooters Hill Guru too.
  • Options
    Was just like old third division football from the seventies - with our defence doing their utmost to challenge anything the forwards managed at the other end! Crazy game. Enjoyable in the end because of Benno's winner - great spirit to keep at it, especailly by Waggy who did the work to win the corner.

Defence, and particularly Elliot, a major issue. Every time they got the ball into the six yard box they scored, with Lily the Pink rooted to his line (sorry, Robbie). Desperately need to get their confidence back - even Dailly had a pretty shaky game.

Anyinsah ran them ragged first half, and Waggy took on the role in the second. Good to see us creating chances - and putting them away. Benno looks every bit a striker, and could be a good combo with Joe.

Nice to hear renditions of Goodbye Horse and Yippee - I - Ay: real nostalgia feeling! We also managed a chant of Parky's red army. Keep at it, Phil.
  • Options
    richie8 quote 0f the day: "Ive been a Charlton fan since 1973 so I was still a little worried"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Sodje missed a few quality chances in the short time he was on the pitch?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Was just like old third division football from the seventies - with our defence doing their utmost to challenge anything the forwards managed at the other end! Crazy game. Enjoyable in the end because of Benno's winner - great spirit to keep at it, especailly by Waggy who did the work to win the corner.

Defence, and particularly Elliot, a major issue. Every time they got the ball into the six yard box they scored, with Lily the Pink rooted to his line (sorry, Robbie). Desperately need to get their confidence back - even Dailly had a pretty shaky game.

Anyinsah ran them ragged first half, and Waggy took on the role in the second. Good to see us creating chances - and putting them away. Benno looks every bit a striker, and could be a good combo with Joe.

So what's the training regime for the coming week? Do we give the attacking players an extra day off and get Elliot and the back four in for double training? Or do we get the attacking players in for extra work, too, and give them special coaching in tracking back and helping out the defence?

I've been feeling pretty excited by this afternoon's result. Until I remember we've now let in seven goals in two games!
  • Options
    what a way to win a match, wonderful stuff!

I feel by now we should be averaging 1.5pts per game to be in the hunt for a top 4 finish, we aren't there unfortunately but we are not so far off and today should be a good boost plus the reports from those who were there today sound hopeful.
  • Options
    I cannot emphasise how piss poor the ref was he gave them the momentum to get their quick 2 goals that got them back in to the game.Carlisle realsied he was a homer and played him really well,but as I said it was difficult to see because of the sun in parts of the 2nd half because of the shade given from the home stand.It wasnt beating 12 men with that idiot of a linesman chucked in it was like playing at least 14!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Was just like old third division football from the seventies - with our defence doing their utmost to challenge anything the forwards managed at the other end! Crazy game. Enjoyable in the end because of Benno's winner - great spirit to keep at it, especailly by Waggy who did the work to win the corner.

So what's the training regime for the coming week? Do we give the attacking players an extra day off and get Elliot and the back four in for double training? Or do we get the attacking players in for extra work, too, and give them special coaching in tracking back and helping out the defence?

I've been feeling pretty excited by this afternoon's result. Until I remember we've now let in seven goals in two games!

Sorry, mate, I haven't done my FA coaching badges yet, so will leave it to the professionals ;-)

Agree with Richie re the ref - ludicrous, esp second half. He did disallow three goals, though, so the score could actually have been 5-6!
  • Options
    wouldnt that be 4-6 weegie?
  • Options
    Must have been a great game to be at, ran the whole gamut of emotions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]wouldnt that be 4-6 weegie?

Yes - you're right - getting carried away!
  • Options
    lol thank god thought i was mental lol
  • Options
    Just read the Carlisle report. We broke the magic 300! Away fans 313.

Given last weeks debacle I am amazed there were more than 250.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't believe the lack of comments here .I think its a fair reflection on most of the so called supporters who last week could not wait to vent their anger towards parky and the team.I know we almost threw it away but this is charlton we need to get behind the boys .A few of you haven't even put your money where your months are and renewed your season tickets no true supporter would turn their back on the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: youngluke[/cite]I can't believe the lack of comments here .I think its a fair reflection on most of the so called supporters who last week could not wait to vent their anger towards parky and the team.I know we almost threw it away but this is charlton we need to get behind the boys .A few of you haven't even put your money where your months are and renewed your season tickets no true supporter would turn their back on the club.

In time you'll notice that this site is far saner and the comments more reasonable after a win than after a defeat and you'll also notice that there are far fewer of them. One positive is that today's win will shut the gobshites up, for at least a few days.
  • Options
    i'm sure if that had been a home fixture there would have been more post match reaction but there again if we'd lost that there would have been a lot more reaction!
  • Options
    and respect to the 313, they got one of those dream away trip hummdinger of a games
  • Options
    Great result in the end, shame it took the Brighton debacle to get them fired up.

Big, big game now vs Wednesday they have won 3 on the trot, and kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league. Hopefully the momentum from today will carry us through next Saturday's challenge.

Am liking the Aniyansah/Benson partnership - it seems to have goals in it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Big, big game now vs Wednesday they have won 3 on the trot, and kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league. Hopefully the momentum from today will carry us through next Saturday's challenge.

1-1 today matey......
  • Options
    sheff wed have conceded 8 goals in 13 games .........must have a great defence , it has nothing to do with the keeper
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Big, big game now vs Wednesday they have won 3 on the trot, and kept four consecutive clean sheets in the league. Hopefully the momentum from today will carry us through next Saturday's challenge.

1-1 today matey......

a minor detail!

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]sheff wed have conceded 8 goals in 13 games .........must have a great defence , it has nothing to do with the keeper
    Weaver was just as bad as Elliott, only difference was he could read athe game better.
  • Options
    Test