Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle 3 - 4 Charlton - Post match views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant win and a sensational result. Some people on here need to take a long hard look at themselves. No Charlton supporter should EVER wants their team to lose just so that the manager will get the sack That is just appalling and those concerned should go away and not bother coming back. You sort of support is just not wanted. Well done to Parky and to the team.

Some people should also realise that, apart from Brighton and maybe Southampton, this is an incredibly even league. On any given day any team can beat any other team. Parky got slated for losing 2-1 at Brentford; yesterday highly fancied Peterborough ALSO lost 2-1 at Brentford. Parky got slated for only drawing 2-2 at Plymouth; yesterday Huddersfield, who have invested a shed load of money in their team, couldn't even manage a draw - they lost 2-1 at Plymouth. We stand only 3 points behind 2nd place, having won a thrilling game 4-3 in the last minute, and all some people can come out with is "Well, that's bought him another week".

Seriously, some people just need to get a life and let themselves ENJOY a brilliant, exciting away win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]but one thing can't be denied and that's he definitely has a team that plays for the full 90 minutes.

I think it can be denied, i'd say we usually play for 45minutes and the added time either half. Granted today was better barr the 20 minutes lapse, but to score in the last minute is what most teams wouldn't have done.. was almost a repeat of Shrewsbury and we'd be calling for Parkies head right now with that.

Perhaps I should have said that the team are prepared to chase a game until the whistle blows. Although I suspect you knew what I meant.
  • Options
    I have said some things on here about Benson.

But watching his goals back from yesterdays game really have started to change my mind. Great technique for both!
    Absolutely would love some humble pie if he gets 20!
  • Options
    Just watched the goals on iplayer too...

Absolute quality, Dangerous ball after dangerous ball in the "corridor of uncertainty" fantastic ctuff and two top class finishes from Benno..

Very good in deed...
  • Options
    Ayinsahs back heel flick magic..

fantastic..
  • Options
    Is there someone dressed up as a shark in the Charlton end?!
  • Options
    Pleased with the win but to be 3-0 up and let them back to 3-3 is poor.
    Yes we got the goal in injury time and it has saved Parky this week but we was in this position before and lost that time. You would have thought he would have learnt from that and tried to shut up the midfield more.

Lets just hope that this time lessons have been learned and these points will be addressed. I did not go to the game but did watch it on telly and i am thinking for the good saves Elliot makes there are far more bad decissions as he to my mind was at fault for at least 2 of thier goals and without a decent 2nd keeper to push him he knows he is safe. Although how much of his bad decission making comes down to not trusting in the 4 in front of him?

Well done to those who made the trip, the result made it a good trip home.
  • Options
    on the previous page youngluke said :

'I can't believe the lack of comments here .I think its a fair reflection on most of the so called supporters who last week could not wait to vent their anger towards parky and the team.I know we almost threw it away but this is charlton we need to get behind the boys .A few of you haven't even put your money where your months are and renewed your season tickets no true supporter would turn their back on the club.'

I would have thought the lack of comments was more to do with the fact that only 313 made the trip and of those how many are lifers? I don't feel I can comment on a post-match views thread if I didn't actually go. Even if I had listened on the radio I wouldn't comment as I can't rely on others to view incidents as I would. If you want comments such as 'great win' and 'way to go Benno' then great but that is hardly incisive comments and the 'post match views' thread is where we can normally get views from those there information those of us that were not. So no it's not a fair reflection on most of the so called supporters who last week could not wait to vent their anger towards parky and the team. Sorry to disappoint Luke.
  • Options
    At the front of the stand there was a bloke in a full shark costume and another 6ft bloke in a full baby grow and bonnet, why I don't know but fair play to them.
  • Options
    Ive been back in Marseille since last Monday evening and its been difficult to get time on a computer - so big thanks to friends who have kept me in touch with everything Charlton.

Just over the moon with the Carlisle result - whatever our defensive failings, so pleqsed to score 4goals away and get the 3 points!

And really pleqsed to hear about Joe`s and Waggy` s performance and Benson`s goals.

Magnifique!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What sort of welcome did Anyinsah get from the home fans?
  • Options
    Good recepion Henry, he was a big favourite up there. Signed autographs for Carlisle fans when the coach arrived, there is real warmth for him at Brunton Park.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Good recepion Henry, he was a big favourite up there. Signed autographs for Carlisle fans when the coach arrived, there is real warmth for him at Brunton Park.

Good to hear because it means the Carlisle fans still respect him which maybe says something about his personality.

Couldn't see on TV but did he decide not to celebrate his goal?
  • Options
    He accepted the congratulations of his teammates with good grace but did not 'give it large' to the Carlisle fans. Think Joe was very happy there but found it difficult with his family based in Bristol. The Carlisle fans (according to the guy I spoke to) don't have a problem this.
  • Options
    We are pretty rubbish whe we go deep - may be a very good thing if the players and posiibly the manager finally get that message. Doesn't matter if it is 1 nil or 3 nil - go deep and rather than see out the game you let the other team back. This can be just a subtle- take less chances mentality - it encourages teams to have a go! Our style needs to remain the same no matter the score.

What encouraged me was the Carlisle manager saying they could not live with our front 2 in the first half. I have been banging on about the need for power and pace up front. Anyinsah is a must and Benson looks to flourish when he has a partner who occupies and worries defenders. We haven't seen him miss too many - he hasn't had the chances- he looks like when he gets them he puts most away. Abbot should never partner Benson again.

Is this a turning point or a false dawn? If we win on Saturday we will be very nicely placed! I think the defence is good for this level on paper so sure it can up its game. My big fear was not scoring goals. If we turn this round as Saturday shows we can, I think we have a lot to look forward to.
  • Options
    Defending too deep has been a regular feature of Parky's sides and doesn't seem to change, even if the personnel do. You'd think Dailly with his experience would do/say something about it. Ok I know he's not the quickest now, but neither is he bog slow. It needs either a full-back or Elliott to sweep up behind. Still at least with Joe in the side the oppo won't be flooding forward en masse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Defending too deep has been a regular feature of Parky's sides and doesn't seem to change, even if the personnel do. You'd think Dailly with his experience would do/say something about it. Ok I know he's not the quickest now, but neither is he bog slow. It needs either a full-back or Elliott to sweep up behind. Still at least with Joe in the side the oppo won't be flooding forward en masse.

We definitely defend too deep - this was what killed us in the second-half of the play-off game against Swindon.

However, when you look at the age of Dailly and Docherty plus the fact that Llera's a bit of an old-fashioned donkey it's not hard to see why we do so.

It's not as is we have a couple of quick full-backs to cover across either. Remember how Scott Minto used to fly across and make superb covering challenges a dozen or so times a game.

I appreciate we're in League One but the lack of pace at the back is real problem IMO.
  • Options
    I would say put fry in but he's done well at lb
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Defending too deep has been a regular feature of Parky's sides and doesn't seem to change, even if the personnel do. You'd think Dailly with his experience would do/say something about it. Ok I know he's not the quickest now, but neither is he bog slow. It needs either a full-back or Elliott to sweep up behind. Still at least with Joe in the side the oppo won't be flooding forward en masse.

It's been a problem with us for ages -- even under Curbs -- and it invites trouble. Playing the top PL teams, I suppose sitting on your 18 yard line is sometimes the only thing to do, but not at this level where it tends to lend a bit of confidence to the opposition, I think. Perhaps it's up to the captain to sort out on the pitch?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I would say put fry in but he's done well at lb

And then Jackson would go back to leftback with Reid out, so who would play left? Martin seems better as a impact sub... tricky one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    quote# 45
    I would like to say a few words about Scott Wagstaff. Especially in the last 15 minutes he was trying very hard to get down the wing and put in crosses, he went mental at Sodje for not getting on the end of a cross and he made the corner from which Benson scored the winner to which Waggy went berserk with pleasure. He really is chip off the Charlton block and never gave up.

Thanks Waggy you really made it a day to remember for those of us that were there.

One further mention for all the Addicted who made it to Carlisle - awesome - Ok for me as it was just up the road!

Make it 314 - I was at the game, sitting in the Carlisle hospitality box for our work Xmas party - trying very hard not to celebrate the winning goal.

Completely agree about Waggy, went missing during 30 minutes when we stopped playing it, but he was the catalyst who started pushing forward again at 3-3, easily the best player on the pitch all game.
    Each goal came from the right hand side of the pitch and a cross - Benson knows where to be - and I thought his first goal was actually pretty well taken, not just a knock in, chest down and shoot across keeper.

In being so forward thinking is it worth playing him more as an out and out winger in a 4-3-3, or even him as the second fiddle to Benson or Joe (both of whom were great).

After the game we crossed paths with Parky who was still a little shaken but happy - a brilliant day out for me - 20 minute drive in as compared to most games I get to see. My Carlisle supporting employees didn't agree ;)
    For me Sodje was useless when he came on, didn't hold it up, and lost it everytime it came to his feet.