Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Return of The Weaver

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
Last time Weaver came to the valley as am opposition player he took more quick than any player i can remember following his antics over a decade ago. However he took the hatre in good spirit and soon after was between our posts. As our keeper he divided opinion. I was a fan. What post of reception is he likely to get on saturday ? I for one will applaude

Comments

• Options
    Not one of those players I care about either way.

I will remain motionless and reflect on the weekly 20 large he used to pick up whilst at The Valley.
  • Options
    it'll be a polite round of applause followed by endless chants of *you fat b*stard* I suspect.

wish he was in between our sticks now (but just on Robbie's salary!)
  • Options
    Total respect for Nicky Weaver . I will clap him.
  • Options
    Zero respect at all as I didn't rate him at all when in our first team
  • Options
    Got nothing against him now. He was either amazing or terrible when playing against us, and did his best for us playing behind an abysmal defence.
  • Options
    Horrible reminder of big nose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Total respect for Nicky Weaver . I will clap him.

I agree. Did nothing wrong whilst with us and did rather well in my opinion. Can't see any reason why he would get a hostile reception.
  • Options
    decent enough bloke,good keeper and should get a clap when he comes out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Got nothing against him now. He was either amazing or terrible when playing against us, and did his best for us playing behind an abysmal defence.

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks with me but i dont remember him ever being terrible.
    What he was , was a descent keeper who never stood a chance because people had made their judgement on him before he had played his first game for us.
    Shame really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Zero respect at all as I didn't rate him at all when in our first team

Thats nice...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Got nothing against him now. He was either amazing or terrible when playing against us, and did his best for us playing behind an abysmal defence.

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks with me but i dont remember him ever being terrible.
    What he was , was a descent keeper who never stood a chance because people had made their judgement on him before he had played his first game for us.
    Shame really.

Charlton Athletic 4 Manchester City 0 - beaten by a John Robinson shot that he attempted to save by kicking it away.
    Manchester City 1 Charlton Athletic 4 - beaten by a Claus Jensen deflection from near the half way line because he was 15-20 yards off his line.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Shame really.

Charlton Athletic 4 Manchester City 0.
    Manchester City 1 Charlton Athletic 4.

So you had already made your judgement on him because of the games he played before he came to us. The bloke never stood a chance did he?
  • Options
    Throttled Moutaouakil after the Harry Arter incident so he'll get a clap from me!
  • Options
    Birmingham away, nuff said
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Shame really.

Charlton Athletic 4 Manchester City 0.
    Manchester City 1 Charlton Athletic 4.

So you had already made your judgement on him because of the games he played before he came to us. The bloke never stood a chance did he?

What are you talking about? I said he either played terribly or amazingly against us. Nothing about how well he did for us, only that he did his best.
  • Options
    Not really a fan of his as a player, similar weaknesses to those that have been discussed about Robbie this week except Weaver had several hundred games under his belt.

Decent bloke though and I'll give him the polite round of applause he deserves, as I do with most returning ex Addicks.
  • Options
    Polite applause from me followed by the inevitable chant of 'Charlton reject!' ;-)
  • Options
    Decent guy, met him once and he was alright. Will get a decent reception I hope, did well in 2007/2008- remember him playing very well at Selhurst when Toddy got the winner for example.

Did not let the side down, and fair play to him for coming to Charlton where he had received a bad reception beforehand. Sure he could have stayed at City and sat on the bench but wanted to play football.
  • Options
    I can't make my mind up so I'll just join in with everyone else.
  • Options
    At least he won't score against us or will he.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's bound to have a blimder and will stop everytthing we throw at him........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Throttled Moutaouakil after the Harry Arter incident so he'll get a clap from me!

Whats that one about? did i miss this somewhere along the way?
  • Options
    decent keeper and should never have been left out for robbie, fitness permitting, until we were relegated

8 goals conceded in 13 games ...... prolly means he has a good defence but i would say a lot of it is down to him .... if only he supported charlton ;-(

two keepers playing for the team they support on saturday
  • Options
    bit of a mismatch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]two keepers playing for the team they support on saturday

does Worner support us or Wednesday ;-))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]two keepers playing for the team they support on saturday

does Worner support us or Wednesday ;-))

and i use the word "keeper" in the loosest sense of the word!
  • Options
    He wasn't the worst player to play for us, will probably give him a polite clap.
  • Options
    I thought Nicky Weaver was a good keeper for us and I was puzzled when he was dropped. I certainly don't hold the wage packet he was on here against him, if someone offered you a nice big pay packet would you say "Oh no- I refuse to accept that, give me a quarter of it that will do me" of course you wouldn't. Took some balls to come here and play in front of fans who had ridiculed him (with just cause) and turn in decent performances behind a generally dire defence (at least in 08/09). He will get a clap from me.
  • Options
    Applause from me as he heads to the Covered End goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Birmingham away, nuff said

What, do you mean the goal that went in after he accidentally slipped, in a rainy, cut up goal mouth?

Erm...yeah..nuff said I 'spose.