Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Return of The Weaver

Comments

• Options
    One of our worst keepers.
  • Options
    Yeah, he was alright so I'll be happy to give some polite applause. At least it'll be nice for someone to return and not to have the nagging expectation that they'll score.
  • Options
    Wonder which 'keeper will acknowledge the inevitable " Who ate all the pies " ?
  • Options
    I for one am going to rip him to pieces
  • Options
    Never rated him. Speaking to someone once who saw weaver in a pub, so the bloke started chatting to weaver about charlton, weaver told him that he didn't care about us and if we went down or not as long as he's getting his 20k every week. He'll just find another team he said. Yeah a real nice bloke saying that about our team. Oh yeah varney was with him to and they was both laughing about us. W####r.
  • Options
    seem to remember time after time him saving our skins with good saves and getting zero credit, nothing changes on that front.
  • Options
    i would imange he'll get a good reception
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1 light[/cite]Never rated him. Speaking to someone once who saw weaver in a pub, so the bloke started chatting to weaver about charlton, weaver told him that he didn't care about us and if we went down or not as long as he's getting his 20k every week. He'll just find another team he said. Yeah a real nice bloke saying that about our team. Oh yeah varney was with him to and they was both laughing about us. W####r.
    I really don't believe that for one minute.
  • Options
    I'll give him a clap and hope he doesn't have a blinder. Have to say one of my least favourite goalies.
  • Options
    Did ok for us. Quite liked him.

Suspect he was dropped for financial reasons - cleansheet bonus appearance fee.

Wont boo him. But wont clap him either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i saw him in betting shop betting agaisnt us when he was with us,he said he didnt care as long as he got his wages from us.....................
  • Options
    Like many players, he struggled towards the end of the Pardew era. The Birmingham error was the type that tends to only happen when you are near the bottom and struggling.

However he was not too far off POTY in 2007/08, think he may have won Charlton players player of the year.
  • Options
    WSS why don't you believe me? I no this is 100% true,most footballers don't give a s##t about what football team they play for.
  • Options
    I just can't see Weaver saying that to a random bloke in the pub andthen Varney laughing at us at the same time.

I agree most players don't care who they play for, but shouting about it to random strangers seems a little weird to me. Then again, you are 100% sure so it must be true so thats fine.
  • Options
    WSS I'm only saying what iv been told,up to people if they believe it.
  • Options
    what about my betting shop story wss also mate saw him in asda laughing with mates about charlton.........
  • Options
    Do you think this is a joke nolly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]what about my betting shop story wss also mate saw him in asda laughing with mates about charlton.........
    Last time you told me it was Macro or was that another incident?
  • Options
    lighten up 1light
  • Options
    I saw him in Selhurst Sainsbury's bad mouthing charlton to a checkout girl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i saw him giving charlton fans a hand signal
  • Options
    I'm just saying what iv been told nolly,up to people to believe it. I believe it so I won't be cheering him sat. Oh yeah and I never rated him as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]lighten up 1light

Made me chuckle
  • Options
    I remember seeing Nicky in Charlton Kebab house once, slagging the place off. Said he didn't care as long as he got his donor.
  • Options
    Jeez! Betting shops, pubs - the life of a pro sportsman eh?!
  • Options
    i saw weaver in a charlton brass shop and he said charltons brass didn't scrub up too clean
  • Options
    Just to balance of some of the unlikely tales told about Weaver in this thread - while he was with us a well known satellite broadcaster invited him on to do the summing up on a City game. He declined on the basis that he was a Charlton player and wasn't interested in talking about other sides regardless of the cash on offer.

Sadly he then let himself down by apparently going to the pub that night, injecting 9 pints of heroin into his eyeball and telling a group of lads that he got paid a million pounds a week and didn't care less about Charlton, as long as he got enough money to buy swan burgers that he had made out of the queen's swans. He was later seen wiping his arse on a Charlton flag in the car park, while other members of the first team danced around laughing and tugging at their naughty bits.
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks that Nicky Weaver was on 20,000 per week at Charlton is, without doubt, too stupid for their own good.

Decent goalkeeper and apparently a very decent bloke who never did the wrong thing whilst he was a CAFC player.

Why anyone would boo him is a complete mystery.
  • Options
    Saw him at the Cobdown and he came across as a nice bloke. I would clap louder if he was heading for our goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Anyone who thinks that Nicky Weaver was on 20,000 per week at Charlton is, without doubt, too stupid for their own good.

Decent goalkeeper and apparently a very decent bloke who never did the wrong thing whilst he was a CAFC player.

Why anyone would boo him is a complete mystery.

this