Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky Urges Fans To Make The Valley Intimidating?

Comments

• Options
    How can one cringe when they play the Rede Red Robin .... Jesus ...
  • Options
    Listening to the audio on there, Parky was asked how important is it we score the first goal. He says it is important, but then goes on to talk about "what if we don't get the first goal" and about the fans getting behind the team, making The Valley a tough place for opponents to play etc.

It's just the standard stuff managers come out with isn't it. I wouldn't read much into it.

He's not suggesting we try and look "hard". More that the fans should try and get behind the team whatever the score.

Just as some say don't read into the likes of Dailly & Reid praising Parky, we shouldn't read to much into Parky's comments about the fans. He knows it's down to his decisions and the teams performances, managers and players are always going to say how important it is the crowd get behind them.
  • Options
    right everyone turn up in hoodies with your trousers round your arses say

aint it do

aint dat right

wassup

rudeboy
  • Options
    I think parky worded it wrong..Just any type of loud supportive atmosphere will do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I find it amazing that people need everything to be going tip top before they create any atmosphere. Surely it just comes from a love of your club and the fact your a SUPPORTer.
    Spot on
  • Options
    i think it would be great to have a signing section in the east/ west
    like in the JPT was an alrite atmosphere for a poxy game, it makes it feel a lot more intense as the away fans are only a couple of yards away
    their fans would also be able to hear our support as away fans always ay they annot hear us from the opposite side of the valley
    i respect the fact that some people dont want to sing and stand through out the match but if their is a designated singing section then the quite fans can choose to sit somewhere else if they wish
  • Options
    Thing is, the Covered end holds a lot of memories and its the spiritual home to a lot of our fans who are quite happy there.

Obviously the younger fans who aren't as aware of the meaning of "the covered end" could easily group up and make a singing section over in the east.
    With that and the north it could get the ground making a good noise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]How can one cringe when they play the Rede Red Robin .... Jesus ...

Indeed. On a par with wanting us to lose IMO and shows an alarming ignorance of our history and too much emphasis on looking 'cool' (for want of a better word).
  • Options
    ok parky put your money where your mouth is and get the club to reclaim the JS.. no, so you weren't serious then, ok i see
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Support and encouragement. What harm can it do?
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I find it amazing that people need everything to be going tip top before they create any atmosphere. Surely it just comes from a love of your club and the fact your a SUPPORTer.

Also this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about we redesign the JS to be less acoustic? It might cost a bit of bob (but according to Roan were being bought anyway) At the moment the shape it is magnifies the sound the away end makes, and due to our dwindling support being spread out, we can hardly be heard. It would be unpopular for some, but I say shut the WU, condense people down and make it look more packed
  • Options
    remove the roof and say we are developing the ground then run out of money
  • Options
    * CommentAuthorBournemouth Addick
    quote# 39

Posted By: RiscardoHow can one cringe when they play the Rede Red Robin .... Jesus ...

Indeed. On a par with wanting us to lose IMO and shows an alarming ignorance of our history and too much emphasis on looking 'cool' (for want of a better word).

WHAT A LOAD OF BALLAX! COS SOMEONE DON'T LIKE A SONG! RIDICULOUS! THAT IS THE MOST STUPID THING I'VE READ ON THIS SITE EVER - CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • Options
    personally anyone who thinks changing the red red robin song is talking the bigger bollox no your history
  • Options
    cafc cafc
  • Options
    lol cafc cafc
  • Options
    Very few grounds these days are intimidating through their supporters,mainly because of all seater stadiums. Old trafford isn't intimidating the Emirates is like a library but both of them are intimidating for the teams going to them. Its because of the team on the pitch they are facing that its intimidating not because of the noise their supporters make. If you are asking everyone to be loud and make noise,what happens when the crowd are really making a noise and the team play crap and go 4 down. Is it fair for those supporters to boo their team or are they only expected to be noisy when and shout what the manager wants? I think get your team playing in the right manner and the noise will follow.
  • Options
    wait till west ham go to the olympic staduim they will be quiter than arsenal
  • Options
    Jimbo CAFC- i really do enjoy the atmosphere that wall do create

Makes me cringe hearing there own fans calling them that let alone any of our fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]wait till west ham go to the olympic staduim they will be quiter than arsenal

I dont doubt it it'll be the worse thing to happen to them,but even upton park is becoming quieter now,i think mainly due to rarely winning but nothing new there. Highbury wasn't that loud either until they went one up and sang that poxy song.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well ill do it, ill make it loud as i can!
  • Options
    I think if your not going to support verbally then how can you say it's fair to berate the team verbally? If you ain't gonna support then sod off. Booing will just ruin the players confidence. If we are losing silence says a hell of a lot!
  • Options
    I can't believe that Big Chief Folded Arms is asking us to be intimidating. As far as I'm concerned what we need to do is keep up a barrage of noise, and not let it slip when things are not going our way. Instead of what came first the Chicken or the egg, I would suggest that we are more certain to maintain the noise if we see an obviously commited team playing for the shirt. Once again we will see whether Parky can get the selection and particularly the tactics right, with two good halves please not one.
  • Options
    I make this point everything this comes up. The best teams in the country have awful atmosphere at home and the likes of Portsmouth & Leeds have struggled in recent years, the fans don't have much of an effect. I've even seen England win 4-1 in Croatia in front of a crowd which makes anything in this country look like a church picnic.

I also think our fans have been very good this season, which is incredible when you take in to account the pish we've seen.

Parky should have too much to worry about at the moment to be concerned about the atmosphere.
  • Options
    We used to be a very intimiating crowd but it has been knocked out of us in recent years -remember the catalogues on the pitch. Would be good if we found it again but helps if more of us are there and we have a team that fights for us like we used to have. Robbo springs to mind
  • Options
    Will be intimidating if we lose on Saturday.
  • Options
    Is this the same Parky that was just crowing about how wonderful our home record was the other day? Odd that we need to change our approach given such spectacular success. I'm sensing our not being intimidating enough for Mr Fierce is going to be the latest not-an-excuse. He really can be a knob at times.

If nobody steals a moped, disassembles it, reassembles it in the ground and then throws it off the West Upper then we've all let those brave boys out on the pitch down.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I think if your not going to support verbally then how can you say it's fair to berate the team verbally? If you ain't gonna support then sod off. Booing will just ruin the players confidence. If we are losing silence says a hell of a lot![/quote]

Such a good point! we ******* need loudness for the whole 90mins, and i promise if we go 0-2 down(HOPE NOT) you will hear 1 voice keep singing alone and i wont stop!
  • Options
    Dan Roan on Twitter:
    Hearing rumours the Red Robin of Charlton Athletic has been shot in Bexleyheath