Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky Urges Fans To Make The Valley Intimidating?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Few Millwall wind up merchants on this thread.

ANYBODY suggesting getting rid of Red, Red, Robin can't be a proper Charlton fan or if they are they have made no effort to learn a little of the history of the Club.

Absurd notion!
  • Options
    Red red robin stays, thats our history! But how can anybody on here not agree with Parky? We do need to make the Valley a HORRIBLE place to come! Brighton outsang us from start to finish (regardless of the scoreline) There 3400fans to our 15000+, thats wrong! I for 1 will be on hes side making the Valley loud this saturday, even if i look a mug and even if i cant be heard.
  • Options
    gonna bring a pack of party poppers and some rice krispies to add a little snap crackle and pop
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Few Millwall wind up merchants on this thread.

ANYBODY suggesting getting rid of Red, Red, Robin can't be a proper Charlton fan or if they are they have made no effort to learn a little of the history of the Club.

Absurd notion!

Oh! I can't be a 'proper' Charlton fan, whatever that is supposed to mean, only because I do not particularly like 'The Red, Red Robin' song. Rubbish!

So did I imagine myself sitting at Selhurst park with about 500 other fans in some shitty cup game then in the 80's? Or at St. Andrews on that illustrious evening, let alone at Wembley in 98?

Oh I did, I'm confused this is the Millwall thread ain't it?

By the way, I don't like the national anthem either (God Save The Queen) I think it's awful and would prefer something more applicable to our great nation, Land of Hope and Glory perhaps. So by your wisdom that must also make me an Al-Quaeda opperative, oops I've let the cat out of the bag!
  • Options
    Good post Red.
  • Options
    Uncle i agree with your post, but it also works the otherway.
  • Options
    not read it all but why would Smallwall laugh at us, why would they even care
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Red5 you said over the page, amongst other things, "I would also get rid of the very un-intimidating Red, Red Robin song too. You can almost hear the away end guffawing with glee. I cringe every time it comes on!

The players may as well mince out (in Pink) to the theme tune from "It Ain't Arf Hot Mum"."

I think that's a little more than saying you dislike it don't you? I couldn't give a monkeys toss whether it makes you feel ashamed in the face of the opposition. Who cares what they think FFS? When I hear that start up it never fails to bring back years of memories for me, taking me right back to when I was kid going with with granddad in the 70's, through those very same Selhurst years you mention, right up to now and fills me with pride in my club and what we've achieved. It is intrinsically linked with our club and IMO will always be so.

If you think it should go because it might make us look like bunch of pansies then I suggest you've been watching too many Danny Dyer films. Perhaps we should have some hardcore gangsta rap about what we're going to do to the oppo instead? We aren't that sort of club and for that I'm eternally grateful...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Few Millwall wind up merchants on this thread.

Absurd notion!

Oh! I can't be a 'proper' Charlton fan, whatever that is supposed to mean, only because I do not particularly like 'The Red, Red Robin' song. Rubbish!

So did I imagine myself sitting at Selhurst park with about 500 other fans in some shitty cup game then in the 80's? Or at St. Andrews on that illustrious evening, let alone at Wembley in 98?

Oh I did, I'm confused this is the Millwall thread ain't it?

By the way, I don't like the national anthem either (God Save The Queen) I think it's awful and would prefer something more applicable to our great nation, Land of Hope and Glory perhaps. So by your wisdom that must also make me an Al-Quaeda opperative, oops I've let the cat out of the bag!
    Cheer up, it's Friday!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Red5 you said over the page, amongst other things, "I would also get rid of the very un-intimidating Red, Red Robin song too. You can almost hear the away end guffawing with glee. I cringe every time it comes on!

The players may as well mince out (in Pink) to the theme tune from "It Ain't Arf Hot Mum"."

I think that's a little more than saying youdislikeit don't you? I couldn't give a monkeys toss whether it makesyoufeel ashamed in the face of the opposition. Who cares what they think FFS? When I hear that start up it never fails to bring back years of memories for me, taking me right back to when I was kid going with with granddad in the 70's, through those very same Selhurst years you mention, right up to now and fills me with pride in my club and what we've achieved. It is intrinsically linked with our club and IMO will always be so.

If you think it should go because it might make us look like bunch of pansies then I suggest you've been watching too many Danny Dyer films. Perhaps we should have some hardcore gangsta rap about what we're going to do to the oppo instead? We aren'tthatsort of club and for that I'm eternally grateful...

Well obviously if you want to take a tongue-in-cheek-comment and turn it into your emotional defence/attack then fine have your say. I didn't say ashamed either - I said cringe - very different. I have never felt ashamed of my club.

Personally I don't give a damn either whether the song means something to you, why would I? It doesn't to me and the last time I checked, I too am entitled to my opinion and my freedom of speech. So I suppose we should leave it there and agree to differ!

I find it rather sad that anytime someone disagrees with someone else's post/opinion they are singled out and stereotyped as being either: scum, a thug, a chav, a Millwall fan, an illiterate who must watch Gangsta films and basically is not a true fan. For your information I am am none of these. Thank you very much!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Cheer up, it's Friday!

Yay!

Listen I'm in a good mood (I am)!

I just resent being told on this site (by a few people) that I am not a true Charlton fan because I have a difference of opinion regarding: a) the Red, Red Robin song b) my preferred formation/starting line up, or c) etc,etc, blah, blah, blah!

Then they stereotype people who don't fall into line with their ideals as being: a Chav, or Millwall scum, or a thug, or whatever. The people writing this stuff are obviously of the opinion that they are on some sort of higher plain than everyone else and their word is gospel.

Sad, sad, sad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Red5 you said over the page, amongst other things, "I would also get rid of the very un-intimidating Red, Red Robin song too. You can almost hear the away end guffawing with glee. I cringe every time it comes on!

I think that's a little more than saying youdislikeit don't you? I couldn't give a monkeys toss whether it makesyoufeel ashamed in the face of the opposition. Who cares what they think FFS? When I hear that start up it never fails to bring back years of memories for me, taking me right back to when I was kid going with with granddad in the 70's, through those very same Selhurst years you mention, right up to now and fills me with pride in my club and what we've achieved. It is intrinsically linked with our club and IMO will always be so.

If you think it should go because it might make us look like bunch of pansies then I suggest you've been watching too many Danny Dyer films. Perhaps we should have some hardcore gangsta rap about what we're going to do to the oppo instead? We aren'tthatsort of club and for that I'm eternally grateful...

Well obviously if you want to take a tongue-in-cheek-comment and turn it into your emotional defence/attack then fine have your say. I didn't say ashamed either - I said cringe - very different. I have never felt ashamed of my club.

Personally I don't give a damn either whether the song means something to you, why would I? It doesn't to me and the last time I checked, I too am entitled to my opinion and my freedom of speech. So I suppose we should leave it there and agree to differ!

I find it rather sad that anytime someone disagrees with someone else's post/opinion they are singled out and stereotyped as being either: scum, a thug, a chav, a Millwall fan, an illiterate who must watch Gangsta films and basically is not a true fan. For your information I am am none of these. Thank you very much!

Eh? Last time I looked it was you getting your knickers in a twist and telling me I'd just posted the most stupid thing you'd ever read on here in response to your post suggesting getting rid of TRRR. What did you expect?

FWIW I didn't say you were any of the things you've said above, that was only your interpretation of it. It's a shame that you don't care that our song means so much to me and many, many others and nothing to you but if you can't see that and would be happy to get rid of it because it makes you embarrassed then perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree as suggested.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Cheer up, it's Friday!

Yay!

Listen I'm in a good mood (I am)!

I just resent being told on this site (by a few people) that I am not a true Charlton fan because I have a differnece of opinion regarding: a) the Red, Red Robin song b) my preferred formation/starting line up, or c) etc,etc, blah, blah, blah!

Then they stereotype people who don't fall into line with their ideals as being a Chav, or Millwall, or a thug, or whatever. The people writing this stuff are obviously of the opinion that they are on some sort of higher plain than everyone else and their word is gospel.

Sad, sad, sad.

You're entitled to your opinion I'm entitled to mine.

You robustly belittled a much loved Club song I robustly defended it.

Debate is what makes the forum world go round.

Get over it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]You're entitled to your opinion I'm entitled to mine.

You robustly belittled a much loved Club song I robustly defended it.

Debate is what makes the forum world go round.

Get over it.

I'm so over it
  • Options
    The real reason for the lack of atmosphere at the valley is not the crap football but my rattle has broken.
  • Options
    I've had a season ticket over 30 years, know all the history blah blah, been there wembley/st andrews/shitehurst etc........but I personally can't stand the red red robin!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I've had a season ticket over 30 years, know all the history blah blah, been there wembley/st andrews/shitehurst etc........but I personally can't stand the red red robin!

You and me both, but according to some on here, because of our entitled personal preferences, we must be 'Millwall WUM' or be as bad as fans who want to see our team lose a game of football, or even be the type that watches too many Danny Dyer films!

It's a great mind that comes out with logic like that isn't it?!
  • Options
    If Wednesday catch sight of you lot bickering they will shit themselves. Once again Parky's masterplan bears fruit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I've had a season ticket over 30 years, know all the history blah blah, been there wembley/st andrews/shitehurst etc........but I personally can't stand the red red robin!

You and me both, but according to some on here, because of our entitled personal preferences, we must be 'Millwall WUM' or be as bad as fans who want to see our team lose a game of football, or even be the type that watches too many Danny Dyer films!

It's a great mind that comes out with logic like that isn't it?!

Thanks very much.