Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Fry (edit: loan extended till 19th March)

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Bearing in mind he's only 19 I think he's got a great future in this game

Wish we could keep him but also wish to add Kudos to Parky and the scouts who spotted him and thought he'd fit it

Kelly who?

Comments

• Options
    Agree he's a good player. Said before he has a good mix of intelligence, technical ability and determination.

Hopefully we can have him on loan for the season, only until start of January at the moment.
  • Options
    He was fantastic today. A great prospect.
  • Options
    There's a possibility he could be facing us next season for West Ham ;-)
  • Options
    I think West ham may want him back asap as they could do with a left back in form.
  • Options
    My two brothers both unfortunate enough to have season tickets at west ham inform me that matt fry very highly rated at the club,would be a little worried with their form that matt fry may.be recalled in jan and do a job their left back aint doing at the moment.
  • Options
    Fry said on the OS a few weeks ago that he's a central defender, but happy to learn to play LB....... because all he wants to do is play in the team, and accepts he's not first choice CB.
  • Options
    If the Hammers want him back , Im surprised they let him get Cup tied last week against Barnet.
  • Options
    Shame a Gravesend lad was missed by us. Had a good loan spell at Gills so really Parky should have known all about him. Not that that's taking anything away from Parky as Fry's looked our best full back the minute he came into the side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Shame a Gravesend lad was missed by us.

Maybe not missed by us, Colin ....... maybe chose West Ham as an 11 year old, because possibly they were recommended or family connections - they may even support West Ham in his family.

[cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Had a good loan spell at Gills so really Parky should have known all about him.

I do believe Parky knew all about him at Gillingham - he played against us last season, remember.
    And I'm sure most Division One managers have scouts who check out all Prem and Championship reserve teams for likely talent - free transfers and loans.

And agree with you, Colin - Fry has looked our best full back.
    Something to do with keeping his game simple and decisive, perhaps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]I think West ham may want him back asap as they could do with a left back in form.

If he went back I'm not sure if he'd get into the West Ham squad because all PL teams are limited to 25 squad members?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]I think West ham may want him back asap as they could do with a left back in form.

If he went back I'm not sure if he'd get into the West Ham squad because all PL teams are limited to 25 squad members?
    u21 players don't have to be registered in the 25
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    Against Swindon, every time matt fry crossed the ball I was always on the edge of my seat ready to celebrate a goal, and did with Anyinsah. great crosser.
  • Options
    After West Ham allowed Fry to play in the FA Cup I became very hopeful that he would stay for the season and I think he will. The form of Fry and the new use of Jackson in midfield has been the key to our recent form imo.
  • Options
    If Fry does go back then we need to replace him, not drop Jackson back
  • Options
    @johnnie_jackson big Av has cleared it all. It's up to CAFC now mate.
  • Options
    So Fry will be staying ...... providing he's wanted by the new management team?

Thanks for that, Jacko.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]@johnnie_jackson big Av has cleared it all. It's up to CAFC now mate.

Thats Fry talking to Jacko mate
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I hope we keep him but wouldn't be surprised if he went back. I noted in the Lowry thread that the Aston Villa man is a Left sided defender who can either play left back or in the middle .

Given we can only have 5 loan players in a match day squad will Fry be seen as a Parky lad ?
  • Options
    I hope we keep him. Looks good and having JJ in front and in midfield gives us a really solid look and feel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe there's a chance we could sign him permanently now?
  • Options
    On Twitter:

Says He's here til Feb....
  • Options
    Good news, any longer than that depends on who the new manager is I guess.
  • Options
    I'm pleased .At least he will play at Spurs.
  • Options
    If allowed by West Ham - if he plays for us he will be cup tied
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]If allowed by West Ham - if he plays for us he will be cup tied

I believe WHU is playing their game on Sat so who knows......
  • Options
    Already played for us in the FA Cup
  • Options
    Jackson went to Arsenal tonight.

I'm new to twitter, all very exciting
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Already played for us in the FA Cup

RJ - you are correct - Fry did play in the first Barnet FA Cup game so he's already cup-tied - in our favour!!
  • Options
    Fry loan extended til 5th feb! Can play vs spurs! Seip gone back to Plymouth! On os!