Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EAST D - ROW V - SEAT 136 ( and part of 135 and 137 )

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Can't quote but Len you are 100% correct, nothing wrong with manners and respecting the people around you. Sing and cheer the team on, slag them off if you want but ensure what you are doing is not ruining the experience for the people around you - they have every right to be there as well.

Agree with you. I have to put up with a group of 14 year old idiots every game in the North Upper - sounds like they were annoying someone other than me last night!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I have been a season ticket holder in the North Stand for years and object to being called 'riff raff'!!!!!!!!

Isn't that what Boris calls ping pong?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I have been a season ticket holder in the North Stand for years and object to being called 'riff raff'!!!!!!!!

• Options

• Options
    Is Boris one of triplets?

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Is Boris one of triplets?

:-)

That's a scary thought!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Wasn't me
    or me :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]Some of the comments are pathetic, we are Charlton Athletic FOOTBALL Club not Bowls Club! Stop f*cking moaning about so called "riff raff" from the North stand as the north stand is the only stand with a bit of life in it! I appreciate ST holders don't want to have there seat nicked or view blocked but for godsake this is football! Man up and stop winging. Reminds me of Wycombe away last season, some old boy telling me to sit down at an away game! Laughable!

Heaven forbid that an elderly gentleman should actually want to watch a match he had purchased a ticket for with hard earned wages or pension!

In fairness to BR7, I had a similar experience last year at Orient I think it was, an old boy sitting two rows from the back whilst everyone else in the back 5 rows stood. I never understand why people get so worked up about particular seat numbers. By nature the different groups are going to be allocated to different areas so in future at away games, if you want to stand, head to the back; if you want to sit, head to the front. Simples....

As for the complaints last night, there were about 2000 empty seats at least in each stand. If something was bothering you, move to the empty seats in the next block rather than lumping it so you can moan today. Talk about moaning for moaning's sake....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]Some of the comments are pathetic, we are Charlton Athletic FOOTBALL Club not Bowls Club! Stop f*cking moaning about so called "riff raff" from the North stand as the north stand is the only stand with a bit of life in it! I appreciate ST holders don't want to have there seat nicked or view blocked but for godsake this is football! Man up and stop winging. Reminds me of Wycombe away last season, some old boy telling me to sit down at an away game! Laughable!

Heaven forbid that an elderly gentleman should actually want to watch a match he had purchased a ticket for with hard earned wages or pension!

In fairness to BR7, I had a similar experience last year at Orient I think it was, an old boy sitting two rows from the back whilst everyone else in the back 5 rows stood. I never understand why people get so worked up about particular seat numbers. By nature the different groups are going to be allocated to different areas so in future at away games, if you want to stand, head to the back; if you want to sit, head to the front. Simples....

As for the complaints last night, there were about 2000 empty seats at least in each stand. If something was bothering you, move to the empty seats in the next block rather than lumping it so you can moan today. Talk about moaning for moaning's sake....

Nothing bothered me. I had my metaphorical rug and flask in the West.

However, take last night as an example, it was raining for a good part of the game so why should elderly people get soaked at the front when, agree or disagree, stadia are seated and people are supposed to sit?

Perhaps it was raining at Orient?
  • Options
    Charlton go on a great winning streak but all I'm finding is threads on complaining about little things. If you don't like it, try to move, if not have a quiet word with him.

Then sit back and watch Charlton/brazil :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    allez les addicks
    I'm glad to see you understand where I'm coming from.
    I just wonder what old boys did at Football back in the 60s and 70s when everyone stood? Bet they didn't moan like they do today, or say "hey, that's my seat"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]allez les addicks
    I'm glad to see you understand where I'm coming from.
    I just wonder what old boys did at Football back in the 60s and 70s when everyone stood? Bet they didn't moan like they do today, or say "hey, that's my seat"

Back then there was no segregation so if you encountered obnoxious people you didn't like you could easily move.

There was space aplenty on the East Terrace and the lively lot went in The Covered End. The West was a gabled structured morgue as opposed to a two tiered one :-)

In all seriousness whilst segregation might have stopped fans from rival teams fighting each other it has thrown together, through no choice of their own, groups of fans who look for very different things from a trip to the football.
  • Options
    Mine consists of a good few lagers, singing and having a laugh. Lovely Jubly...
  • Options
    Come back when you're 70 years of age like Len BR_7 and see how you like standing.

Wasnt Orient sold out and people not have a choice or was it just stand /sit where you like.

Must admit i find myself moving around quite a lot at aways games cos i cant stand most of the feckwits near me. When i do go to away games, been a long time. Looking forward to Rochdale. Woe betide any moron stands near me... mind you im going with a few.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Orient was stand/sit where you like last year, but I've also encountered at another away game last season a similar "sit darrrrrn I'm trying to watch the game" attitude from someone sat 2 rows from the back, when there were plenty of empty seats further forward.

I'm not suggesting that those wishing to sit should sit in the front row where they may get wet but, if they headed towards the front (so say 6-7 rows from the front), then there would be less chance of people standing in front of them and if there were people standing in front of them, the numbers doing it would be less. It's fairly obvious that those who wish to stand congregate at the back so quite why someone wishes to sit there when they know that is beyond me.

DIfferent people enjoy games in different ways but we are all there united by a shared passion so we shouldn't be arguing amongst ourselves. All it needs is an acceptance of that fact and everyone can enjoy our march to the title over the rest of the season.....;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Come back when you're 70 years of age like Len BR_7 and see how you like standing.

Wasnt Orient sold out and people not have a choice or was it just stand /sit where you like.

Must admit i find myself moving around quite a lot at aways games cos i cant stand most of the feckwits near me. When i do go to away games, been a long time. Looking forward to Rochdale. Woe betide any moron stands near me... mind you im going with a few.

I'm getting on but not quite that much!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hahaha this is gold.
    The original post is classic.

So you are so angry that you post about how he was lucky that the son didn't deck him.
    You go on to use swearwords and display how he is a tosser & You should go back to the north stand.

Yet afterall that you spend 90 minutes next to him and didn't do feck all.

LOL!
  • Options
    Am i really reading this.

The kids towards the end meant good, they did not once start any trouble and said nothing abbusive towards the stewards and any other fans. Can't blame them for trying to start an atomsphere? Secondly, i have been to many an empty cup game staduim, West ham, Fulham, Qpr, Palace to say a few and everyone was so relaxed about seating it put out little squables to shame. I was in block B where there was plenty of seats, sat towards the back and some old fella came to me and said, is that your seat? You wasn't there 1st half?..Sums our flask wearing, bovril drinking arsehole fans up..If you don't fall into their catorgory your north stand riff raff or a chav.
  • Options
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options
    I can't believe that the sitdown/standup/cant stand who I sit next to debate has started again - this one has been argued every which way with no outcome since the Netaddicks days. Simply a result of all seater stadium I am afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I can't believe that the sitdown/standup/cant stand who I sit next to debate has started again - this one has been argued every which way with no outcome since the Netaddicks days. Simply a result of all seater stadium I am afraid.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *poof poof*
  • Options
    Every team in the Prem bar Fulham, who lack atmosphere big time, stand up at away games! It's part of football!!
    "Bovril drinking arseholes" hahah quote of the day for me.
    Seriously I can appreciate an old boy mainly becuase he's been going Charlton a lot longer than me, but if you don't like a football atmosphere, which does involve colourful language and occasional standing dare I say it, then stay at home with a cuppa.
  • Options
    Just kidding with you leonard my old son.
  • Options
    full of the joys of winter today curb it
  • Options
    there was a lot of 'riff raff' near me in the East Stand. Someone even called the linesman a 'bald c**t'. Normal service should be resumed on Saturday and I should be able to get at least 30 minutes kip.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]full of the joys of winter today curb it

My soul is as black as yours young nolly.
  • Options
    im feeling that.
  • Options
    For the record Semedo was there last night. He sat just along from me in row BB, block C in the West Stand.

Yours sincerley

Upper North (H Block) Riff Raff
  • Options
    'Riff Raff I can handle, But north stand......................The Covered End............ Mr Irving ........... The Covered End. ; )

As Dave Storry said, we sat in the West, I was the youngest in the row !!
    Sat next to a Lovely lady, in her 80s I would guess, I watched my language just out of respect even though I was at a football match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]'Riff Raff I can handle, But north stand......................The Covered End............ Mr Irving ........... The Covered End. ; )

As Dave Storry said, we sat in the West, I was the youngest in the row !!
    Sat next to a Lovely lady, in her 80s I would guess, I watched my language just out of respect even though I was at a football match.

Perhaps that sums it up: respect or consideration for others.

It aint rocket science.