Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Open the North Stand for Cup Games (Ed. now open for Luton game)

Comments

• Options
    nope your not afka the club have got this well and truly wrong.Can I ask what happens if more than 9k home fans turn up are we saying with a capicity of 27 thousand, we are going to say sorry you can't come in.What a load of bollocks. I fully expect more than 9 thousand home fans for this game !!!
  • Options
    I thought the plan was if the ground sold out, to open the West Upper first?
  • Options
    A decent noisy north stand could be the difernce to get us into r3 or4 then 3k would not harm us. A dire atmos like tues could backfire and cost us. Plus the fear of us northers anoying the east and west bods could lead to trouble as hi lited on here this week
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]nope your not afka the club have got this well and truly wrong.Can I ask what happens if more than 9k home fans turn up are we saying with a capicity of 27 thousand, we are going to say sorry you can't come in.What a load of bollocks. I fully expect more than 9 thousand home fans for this game !!!

very good point and could certainly happen. I expect the answer will be that they will open the West Upper.
  • Options
    I could understand if this was another week night game but for a Saturday game I would of thought we would have had a healthy turn out. Luton would easily bring 5/6000 odd and fill half the east as well, I assume they will sell out pretty quick at just the Jimmy Seed and we will be seeing them in home ends, red card only or not.
  • Options
    surely the only additional cost would be the extra half a dozen stewards to stop people goin up the stairs into the NW / NE quadrants which allow access to the NU ?
  • Options
    I bought 9 this morning and four of the seats I wanted were already sold. If everyone who is going bought their tickets before the weekend the Club might get a better idea of demand.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think that I'll simply not bother with this game.
  • Options
    i'm going to attend every home game this season, not questioning on who we are facing. just think about, advance to the 3rd round and we may get a big day out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]surely the only additional cost would be the extra half a dozen stewards to stop people goin up the stairs into the NW / NE quadrants which allow access to the NU ?

who will deal with the hoards of people who try to smuggle in loo roll (to throw it around to only their mates and not getting in anyones way who doesn't want to participate in such frivolity)

:-)

I quite like sitting in the west for a change. its a different experience but loved the first half sitting behind the dug out on tuesday hearing kins having banter with basey and then the linesman/4th official we then moved further back behind the tunnel for the 2nd half. wouldn't want to sit there every week, but for a couple of times a season its alright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After all the money this club has pissed up the wall over the last few years it would be a nice gesture to open all or some of the North. It will appease many of the fans who make the most noise at a game, and, as someone said earlier on this thread, it could make the difference between a possible biggie in the third round or not. Make no mistake, leave it like this and all the noise will be coming from the South stand which will only motivate the away team.
  • Options
    I would much prefer to sit in the North, but are people seriously not going to go at all if they can't?
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. You will be pleased to hear that the board has agreed to the additional cost, so we will be now opening the whole north stand. Story on OS to follow.

Let's make sure we prove it worthwhile!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    WOOHOO

Thanks Airman.
  • Options
    What doesn't stack up exactly?

Firstly i'll make it clear, if the covered end isn't open, i will (like many others) will not be attending.

Surely the costs of opening the north stand will be nothing compared to the thousands of tickets sold? There is no way profit can't be made, unless less than 500 people buy tickets...? Am i missing something?
  • Options
    THANKS AIRMAN!
  • Options
    great stuff
  • Options
    woohay, finally a cup game where i can sit in my seat.
  • Options
    Hallelujah! I'm gonna celebrate with an extra ginger biccie with my afternoon tea.
  • Options
    Airman: Those guys on CL are kicking up a right fuss about the North Stand
    RM: Oh for f*cks sake, just open it.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Airman: Those guys on CL are kicking up a right fuss about the North Stand
    RM: What does Nick Gray think about it?
    Airman: He's all for it
    RM: Oh for f*cks sake, just open it.

;-)
  • Options
    They'll get the money back when we go through to play Man Utd.
  • Options
    Rather have Palace or Wall then United
  • Options
    well done the club
  • Options
    Really pleased with this, though i can't help thinking just opening the lower could have condensed things a little.

Realy hope as many people as possible make the effort to fill it now.

£10 for FA Cup football, got to be worth trying to get some mates along hasn't it ?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited November 2010
    Not sure about that Jimbo
  • Options
    i would love to have a Derby game this season, these london derbies betweens us and teams like Brentford and Orient aren't the same as Charlton vs Palace or even Wall. United would be a good day out but will they sell out to see their reserves beat us...no
  • Options
    A decent amount of money for the TV appearance, plus not getting humiliated by our lovely neighbours.

Sick of Millwall.
  • Options
    well maybe because i've only ever seen two wall vs charlton derby games in my short life time and therefore want more. i know we have a seriously bad record against them but there is always faith right? :)
  • Options
    Now hear us roar... hahaha!