Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why is Curbishley still out of work after 2 years?

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Scratching my head...

Comments

• Options
    England manager i suggest!
  • Options
    cos he only wants a premiership job and he hasn't been given one that suits him yet
  • Options
    Fulham did whta he (and we) was hoping CAFC would do, so where has he got to go that isn't backward? He clearly wAsn't that keen on the national job when his name was in the hat for that, and he ain't gonna get MUFC when his buddy AF keelsc over now that he's been out of the loop for so long. Hammers was his dream job and that went tits up, so I suggest he's been having a good old sulk since then...
  • Options
    It also didn't do him any favours with chairmen of other clubs that he took west ham through the courts. Can't blame him though
  • Options
    beacuase he is crap !! end of.
  • Options
    Oh you silly boy...
  • Options
    He was rejected by Villa, not sure if he went for Fulham. Was never gonna go back to West Ham, outside of that there hasn't really been that many vacancies in the premiership that would have interested him. He'll have to drop a level me thinks.
  • Options
    I think Tango is bang on with that.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think he would have to, but something tells me he won't do that. Maybe he spent everything he had with us. He struck me as a bit tired towards the end of his CAFC days and he ain't looking any happier now. Not that the ready quip and quick smile was ever his strong point...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    here's an article that i posted on another thread, he won the first case then had to deal with the counter sue, which he won as well against west ham. The Independent

An 18-month unfair dismissal case has helped send him into the ranks of the long-term unemployed: "It was a big thing and a lot of people forget that West Ham sued me [for breach of contract] as well," he says. "The dates for the arbitration were over the Easter period so I would also have been in court at a key time."

i'll probably use it again next week when we say how poor marcus bent was for us and what was he thinking signing him in the january window when we all know this is the time to do all the best deals, now that we can't use konchesky as a shining example of wasted talent, seeing that he's currently shite at liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was good, now he aint...end of!
  • Options
    I doubt he has a mortgage, at the moment he has a comfortable life, and can live off of the grand or so Sky provide him for punditry on at least a fortnightly basis. He was well rewarded here and at West Ham, what's the rush?

He can afford to be picky, personally I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Bristol City in the near future or as already mentioned, Ipswich, though equally, I wouldn't be surprised to see him carry on as he is.
  • Options
    He's very picky.

He's comfortable.

The clubs that he'd be interested in are warry of him since he won his case for constructive dismissal against Wet Spam.
  • Options
    He'll be at Ipswich by Christmas
  • Options
    I predict he will succeed Poyet at Brighton in the Prem.
  • Options
    He turned down 2 Premier teams in the Spring this year, and 2 Championship teams in the Summer.

He did go for the Villa job, and was surprised that he did not get it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]He turned down 2 Premier teams in the Spring this year, and 2 Championship teams in the Summer.

Does that mean he'll be getting League One offers this Autumn ?
  • Options
    Yes it happens in normal life too - take your employer to court whether you are right or wrong and future employers are wary of you. However, I'm sure he would have a job if he set his sights a bit lower, but he is aiming high.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]beacuase he is crap !! end of.

Is that a joke?
  • Options
    He turns down any job he's offered and fails at the interviews for any job he applies for. Seems to be making himself unemployable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    I spoke to a West Ham season ticket holder yesterday who was very much one of the Curbs dishes up boring football, not good enough for us etc camp and at the time I told him to be careful what he wished for.

Yesterday he told me he'd have Curbs back like a shot!
  • Options
    If hes not careful under the new government legislation he'll get his benefit stopped!
  • Options
    I think he's set his sights to high, thought he might have been in with a shout of the Villa job, but personally the only way I think he'll get back in the prem in the forseable future is by getting promoted to it.
  • Options
    Makes you wonder why Curbs is out of work, yet total mugs like pardew are still knocking about.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]pardew are still knocking about.

last time I checked he was in the same unemployment line as Curbs....
  • Options
    I believe that Curbs and Charlton just fitted together perfectly at that time. Strangely though I was quite excited when he left because the squad we had were deadly boring, and I expected us to appoint someone who would take us further on not knowing that Richard Murray in hindsight needed better advice than he had during a short period which started our downfall. Curbs was also very good at falling out with players, and releasing people like Michael Turner. Because of the journey he has taken, it's hard to know where he would now be best suited, and he is obviously under no financial pressure. I read him to be a pretty stubborn bloke, but he gave me the most enjoyable years of supporting this Club and I wish him well.
  • Options
    As regards falling out with players - i'm sure it happens at every club, but let's not forget that Curbs took the washed up careers of 2 players and made them Internationals.

Danny Mills - rotting away at Norwich after a row with the gaffer

Luke Young - playing in the reserves after a drink/drive conviction

Not to mention the players he took from obscurity to Premier League status:

Deano - playing in goal for Bury after 6 months digging roads with his dad.

Johnny Robinson - a Brighton youth player he paid £75k for.

Mark Kinsella - Colchester midfielder playing in the third tier.

I was one of Curbs biggest critics towards the end, but I reckon we would still be in the Prem if he had stayed.

So for that reason, I regret him leaving.
  • Options
    It's because oohaah has him locked in a cupboard Bo Selecta style.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    He was at the Valley tuesday night, in a west stand box.

Perhaps he's being lined up for his greatest challenge, 92nd in the league to the Prem in 5 seasons. (2 seasons in Championship)
  • Options
    We moan about the footbaling world being obssesed by money wen they have enough to live comfortably without trying to get more.

Maybe he just doesn't need / want a job?