Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why is Curbishley still out of work after 2 years?

Comments

• Options
    He turned down the Bolton job the other week, so it's not as though he is desperate.
  • Options

I get the impression he isn't bothered about becoming a manager any more. Seems quite happy doing media work

Praps

• Options
    It is because of three main factors 1) he took a former club to a tribunal and won - shouldn't be the case but this never helps - outside of football included. 2) He has been a bit to picky in regards of th eopportunities he has had. 1 and 2 have contributed to 3) which is that he has had a significant time without a club.
  • Options

He turned down the Bolton job the other week, so it's not as though he is desperate.

Where did you see/read that?
  • Options

It is because of three main factors 1) he took a former club to a tribunal and won - shouldn't be the case but this never helps - outside of football included. 2) He has been a bit to picky in regards of th eopportunities he has had. 1 and 2 have contributed to 3) which is that he has had a significant time without a club.

Agree especially with 1, in the world of modern football being run by rich wannabe managers, a guy who succesfully sued an owner is always going to be seen as a bad option, even if he is morally correct.
  • Options
    He's probably writing a book. Should be a good read when it comes out.
  • Options

Daily Telegraph last week or so.

• Options

He's probably writing a book. Should be a good read when it comes out.

Praps. But I wouldn't bet on that.

• Options
    For a long time out of work due to contracts to be sorted out with us and West Ham. I don't think he is really too bothered with coming back into work. Does not need the money, he has been offered various jobs, it seems.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see Curbs back. If for no other reason than to see if he's still got what it takes. Top drawer manager imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

It would be nice to see Curbs back. If for no other reason than to see if he's still got what it takes. Top drawer manager imo

Speaks for itself what Curbishley did for us, look what happened when he left.
  • Options
    Where would we be now if he had never left?

Premier league with 40, 000 stadium?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Great manager for us but he left us with a terrible team imo.

He failed at west ham and played bad football imo that and he has shed loads of money is why he aint had another job
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

jamescafc said:

He failed at west ham and played bad football imo that and he has shed loads of money is why he aint had another job
    Weren't West Ham something like 3rd when they sacked him?
  • Options
    It was like 3 games into season but they had won 2. I still cnt believe what they did to him completely wrong...

• Options
    What about us?

Wasn't it wrong we had so many ungrateful fans after what he achieved on such a small budget?
  • Options
    I loved Curbs but it was obvious we needed a change and Curbs was looking tired and he got a deserved break. It was a shame Billy Davis never came to us because he would have done a much better job than Dowie.
  • Options
    Or Uncle Roy, who I think we considered?
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

jamescafc said:

Agreed poor team he left us with, but think he'd have done a lot about that with the money Dowie was given.
  • Options
    Wish he never left

Stupid decision all round

and fools that criticised him then , I hope realise that the saying you don't know what you have got till its gone was invented for buffoons like you

And it's your fault that what happend happend

And yet some of you still post on here about all the things you know about football and expect the rest of us to listen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    DiscoCAFC said:

I loved Curbs but it was obvious we needed a change and Curbs was looking tired and he got a deserved break. It was a shame Billy Davis never came to us because he would have done a much better job than Dowie.

It was obvious we needed a change from Premier League football so we went and got relegated as soon as he left.

I was one of the people calling for his head at the time but now realise how good we had it. Everyone needs to be reminded of this everytime they start coming out with comments like "Chris Powell is out of his depth" and "I'm starting to lose patience with Chris Powell he doesn't know what he's doing".
  • Options

Wish he never left

Stupid decision all round

and fools that criticised him then , I hope realise that the saying you don't know what you have got till its gone was invented for buffoons like you

And it's your fault that what happend happend

And yet some of you still post on here about all the things you know about football and expect the rest of us to listen

Could agree more, everyone's expert(or prat) but very few could run a Sunday team.

• Options
    If curbs wanted to get back into management he could. Employers warm to enthusiasm and people who appear to really want the job. One name, Iain Dowie.

Curbs had a certain kind of job at Charlton, it was comfortable where he had a great relationship with the owners. Compared to most other clubs in the premier league now and then, the pressure of being Charlton manager was minimal. He won't find this again and I think he is more of a family man than really being a football manager, he's his own man and I guess he doesn't really care that much.
  • Options
    done well at west ham
  • Options
    Please Curbs do not go to Palace
  • Options
    nolly said:

done well at west ham

Yep had a better win % there than at Charlton.
  • Options
    fatrob said:

I just vomited in my own mouth

• Options

DiscoCAFC said:

It was obvious we needed a change from Premier League football so we went and got relegated as soon as he left.

I was one of the people calling for his head at the time but now realise how good we had it. Everyone needs to be reminded of this everytime they start coming out with comments like "Chris Powell is out of his depth" and "I'm starting to lose patience with Chris Powell he doesn't know what he's doing".
    We got relegated because we appointed the wrong manager, not because Curbs left us. Are you seriously suggesting that any manager would have relegated us?

The fact is, Dowie was a joke and I honestly believe we would have done better without the Dowie saga.

• Options

fatrob said:

I just vomited in my own mouth

That's because you can't handle the booze
  • Options
    Was never sure If dowie would have relegated us tbf I know someone on here who wholeheartedly believes dowie would've kept us up

I wish it was booze I think if curbs went there I would give football up altogether