Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 3 - 2 Yeovil - Post match views

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Couldn't make it in the end today, sounded a cracker. Sterlng work from Redmidland on the updates.

So was it as good as it sounded ?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Couldn't make it in the end today, sounded a cracker. Sterlng work from Redmidland on the updates.

So was it as good as it sounded ?

Thanks AFKA I enjoy doing it.....looking forward to seeing reports from those there as well....but it was incident packed to say the least.....my bloody fingers are sore though!!
  • Options
    Christmas is coming so treat yourself to a Ferrero Rocher :-)

Funny old game, with 5 mins to go we were 8 points behind Brighton. By full time it was down to 4 points.
  • Options
    Sounded like we allowed them back into the game but the result went for us in the end
  • Options
    We didnt play well.

Defensively we were shoddy throughout. Doherty had a mare.

Missed Wagstaff and Anyinsah imo. Reid was anonymous.

Christ is there some spirit there though. Really dont know when we are beaten.

Ref was shocking. Didnt see the sending off so cant comment, but if it stands I assume Dailly is gone for 4 games.

Yeovil were worth a point, but today you saw what happens when you are at the bottom.
  • Options
    Cannot stand listening to player so i prefer to read the updates on here by the real professionals well done and thank you lads.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    Yeovil were worth a point, but today you saw what happens when you are at the bottom.

You also saw how narrow the gap is between top and bottom if the higher team have to rely on a late penalty at home to win.
  • Options
    We were terrible defensively but had enough chances to win comfortably. A day to forget for Doherty and Francis. Reid playing on the right doesn't work, Jackson took his two goals well, Martin worked hard and the keeper made a couple of good saves. Dailly did catch him with his arm but don't believe it was deliberate. Doherty looked 50, not 30 .... We could do with a fit, quick centre half!
  • Options
    We were terrible defensively but had enough chances to win comfortably. A day to forget for Doherty and Francis. Reid playing on the right doesn't work, Jackson took his two goals well, Martin worked hard and the keeper made a couple of good saves. Dailly did catch him with his arm but don't believe it was deliberate. Doherty looked 50, not 30 .... We could do with a fit, quick centre half!
  • Options
    Yeovil were pretty good, in our faces, right on the shoulders of Dailly and Doc, and their players were pretty good, able to pass, play as a team, and had decent control and the odd trick. Yeovil also didn't 'park the bus', but were very positive.
    However they didn't deserve to win, because with the man advantage they gave away a stupid penalty wrestling a willing and competitive Sodje to the ground, throwing it away in that moment...the lino over that side flagged so excitedly, running and flagging like he was doing semaphor on speed...it broke the heart of the ref to give it, and it was a pressure pen (we were kicking the 'wrong' way) which an in form Jacko thundered in, as last week. Lovely.
    Our second goal was set up and finished by Racon, and our first was when Martin collected a decent throw, and crossed for Jacko to scoop home, their first was a good effort because their bloke took it early and it just squeezed past Robbie hitting the inside of the post. Yeovil scored again from an unusual FK, thundered in low which squirted around and high and in.
    The sending off looked wrong to me, but the ref appeared to listen pointedly to his earpiece, whilst being harassed by the Yeovil players...straight red, he was card happy generally (witness McCormacks booking!).We won because we competed, and Yeovil didn't make the most of their good fortune, and stupidly gave us the pen. Pretty exciting and eventful game, and three juicy points.
  • Options
    Don't remember their keeper making a save of any note at all. There's no way that side should be in the bottom half of the table - they grafted, mixed play up well and got at us all game. Benson was poor, Martin had a good first half but faded badly and, in general, we huffed and puffed a lot without creating anything much of note. Two good goals though, and a quality pen from Jacko.

I like winning when not playing particularly well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three games with ten men and we've won them all.

We were sloppy at times and francis and daily had bad games. Doc I thought did ok but was left on his arse for the first and took an age to shank it in for the OG.

Wagstaff was a big miss

Big shout for Akpo. Roughed them up, showed no little skill and lots of running plus of course he won the pen. Great reminder to Mr P. of what he can do.

Great to see Oggy in the lib. Not great game but it was fun and we won again. We will need to be better but others dropped points so all good.
  • Options
    In my opinion and shared with those around me, we was poor. Yeovil closed us down much quicker, won most 50-50s and whenever they attacked i was worried....In saying that, this game is a classic example in that last year we would have definatley drawn 2-2. We seem to have more togetherness and fight to ground out a win. Last season we missed promotion by 2 points. This result is a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Scrappy game. We didn't play that well but 3 points is what matters.

Unsure if Dailly deserved the red looked harsh to me.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    Park the bus? You're having a laugh...

Yeovil came and played some nice stuff although not in dangerous areas. We were our own worst enemies at the back with only Dailly looking ok in my opinion. Even Fry had a bit of a dodgy one.

One thing this does show is how important balance is to this team. Playing your best players regardless (Reid) does not mean you play well and Reid was largely anonymous. We still look threatening up top though with excellent hold up play from Benno and decent runs from Martin. Both Jacko's and Therry's finishes were really good and we are looking clinical.

Well done to Parky for balancing the team a bit both before and after the sending off by bring Akpo on and moving Martin to the wing. Akpo is a real handful for defences and it showed in the last ten today.

Referee really thought the game was all about him though, made a point on every free kick, booking etc. Would be interested to see the sending off again though - seemed harsh.

Well done to Yeovil, probably worth a point but even bigger well done to our players and Parky for keeping this superb run going with a determined and relislient performance. A few other results went our way today so things are still looking good. Bring on Brizzle.

COYR.
  • Options
    never a sending off dailly headed the geezer didn't elbow, i expect that to be recinded, doherty had a shocker, you can't call Francis game a shocker it is the norm for a very very bad player, he spreads complete and utter panic across the back four, we missed Joe big time martin is not a centre forward, but a very very big win, Jackson has some balls and Racon had another good game, whilst his confidence is high we really do need to give the ball at every opportunity.I'm a happy chappie tonite.
  • Options
    Not a good game, but it was exciting - especially given that we came out on top.

I was close to the dugout and when Reid was subbed he had a right old ding dong with one of our coaches - he was not happy to come off.
  • Options
    We were awful...kick and hope football and a big slice of luck...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Not a good game, but it was exciting - especially given that we came out on top.

I was close to the dugout and when Reid was subbed he had a right old ding dong with one of our coaches - he was not happy to come off.

He had no business moaning at anyone.

Could have come off well before he did imo.
  • Options
    Just before Doherty put the ball in his own net, I was sure I heard a whistle, did anyone else or is it the whistles in my head
  • Options
    Jesus our defence was terrible today. As many have said Yeovil really played rather well and deserved a point imo. But another win is another win, 5 wins on the trot is great, so for that fact i am still over the moon. VERY nervous for tuesday night tho i must admit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    on a positive note, thought racon played well again, especially in the first half when he was excellent
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]on a positive note, thought racon played well again, especially in the first half when he was excellent[/quote]

Agreed.
  • Options
    Breaker now saying that they will look to appeal the Dailly sending off.

Skiverton saying he thought it was an elbow at the time but having seen it again it was a clash of heads. Yeovil player also saying it was a clash of heads.

Hopefully common sense prevails.
  • Options
    For about half an hour in the first half we were great, but poor for the rest of the game. Racon was our best player by a country mile but Martin and Benson both good too. Shoddy defence with Francis's distribution terrible again although he did put in a goal saving tackle. Robbie had a solid game. Went with three 8 yr olds, they enjoyed it a lot.
  • Options
    Dailly had one of his Millwall-esque performances. A yard off the pace throughout and a deserved red card from what I saw.

Ref didn't know how to play advantage.

We missed Wagstaff badly, purely from a defensive point of view. Reid is nowhere near as good at helping his full back.

A good 3 points never-the-less!
  • Options
    From where I was, Dailly jumped in with his elbow leading straight into their player's head. Straight red in my book.

If i didn't know better, it looked like the ref was having a discussion with the 4th official over their radio link (the east stand lino was close enough just to talk to him) to get him to confirm that Dailly had led with his elbow, before issuing the red card. But we don't do video technology, do we?
  • Options
    In the first half was like school boy football, with both teams giving the ball away easily,
    yeovil played there direct style well and there will plenty more teams like that still to play this season
    didnt see Dailly red card very well from the west stand hope someone would explain what happend ?
    was so silly to bring down Akpo lino saw it and gave it great decison
    5 in a row
    bring on the 6th
  • Options
    They must be cursing as they had. 5 mins to go an extra man but then they gave a stupid penaltry. A tug and a penalty but the guy shouldnt have been off as there is no way Akpo would have got the ball before their keeper so no goalscoring opportunity.
    Too far away to see Dailly's but the ref was dreadful. Our defence was poor and distribution out was poor. Reid must have been very frustrasted as never given the ball.
    good performaces tho from Akpo Fortune and Macca when they cam on. Racon did pretty well while Jose was right off colour.
  • Options
    thought we were lucky to get all 3 points today, some yeovil fans saying sodje dived for penno so have to see that one again, couldnt rele see from the north lower, but never a sending off imo clash of heads, looked like we ran out of ideas before we got the pen, reid can only play on the left, was very quiet all game, martin looks too good for league 1 and a great player for us, benoo quiet but good link up play, relieved we got all 3 points tho!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]f i didn't know better, it looked like the ref was having a discussion with the 4th official over their radio link (the east stand lino was close enough just to talk to him) to get him to confirm that Dailly had led with his elbow, before issuing the red card. But we don't do video technology, do we?

Seth said that as well, above. Interesting...sounds like the 4th official didnt use video technology though. Thanks to the gracious reaction from Yeovil, it sound slike they just both got it wrong. Which is why they SHOULD use video.