Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket checking

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
I haven't seen another thread on this.

Today upon going through the turnstile into the north upper I was asked by a steward to see my ticket, as was everyone else. The east must have had a good 200 person queue to get in. Some guy said that people behind him at Sheff Wed were found to have forged tickets.

Does anyone else know about this? Or can Airman shed some light on this?

Comments

• Options
    Apparantly the East only had two turnstiles open (Harvey Gardens entrance) so there were a fair few who did not get into the ground until after KO.

Noticed when I handed my season ticket to the guy with the book open on Match 8, he checked the front part of the book where it says Seat/Stand/Name etc- usually they just tear out the ticket and don't bother checking the finer details. Not a problem of course but rare.
  • Options
    Don't like the sound of this, I like the flexibility that my s/t offers!
  • Options
    Yeah i got my ticket checked also. Will this carry on all games you think? Does not matter as i dont have fake tickets lol, but i suppose it slows down the crowd a little.
  • Options
    I was checked going into the north stand right on the other side of the turnstile. I asked politely what is this all about and was told to " move along son " by one of the morons in the yellow high visibility jackets . I'm 41 and he must have been around 30 and he calls me Son ! .For some reason these idiots think they can treat the real fans like shit but when it actually comes to removing the real trouble makers they are not so visible in fact they are invisable .
  • Options
    First time that I have had to wait 15 minutes to get through the turnstiles. Not sure why there was only 2 turnstiles open but you would think that the club haad some plan b in case this thing happens. When I saw the queue I briefly underestimated the attraction of Yeovil Town!
  • Options
    I was surprised that half the turnstiles normally open were open today for the east stand today. Maybe saving money so they can open the north next week
  • Options
    Yeah we got checked going in North Upper.....thought it was strange...why two checks? Why can't the turnstile operators be trusted to check them??
  • Options
    I was also checked going into the North upper twice, but whilst I was having a ciggie before going in a steward sent some lads back to the ticket office to get adult tickets
    as they'd purchased kids ones
  • Options
    I asked the stewards whilst checking mine and they said exactly that, lots of Adults are buying kids tickets.
  • Options
    Does not surprise me that lots of adults are buying kids tickets and have been getting away with it. Someone my Dad knows has apparantly been using a concession or a kids ticket since the Prem years and has maintained "they never check"- until now perhaps.

Surprised it has taken the club so long to realise and order more checks if this is indeed the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I highlighted this last season when a friend told me he knew some adults were bragging about using u11 season tickets successfully, on a regular basis. The Club's response was that they would keep an eye on the situation....
  • Options
    I was one of the first through the turnstiles and there were about 8 blokes in high vis jackets waiting at the bottom inside (upper north). Stopped me and asked to see my ticket, see what they needed too then as i went to walk off another 1 stopped me and asked how old I was, I asked why and they said lots of adults been buying kids tickets. I pointed out my ticket was an adults one so why do they need my age. Was told they had to ask incase i was pulling a fast one! They must get a lot of kids paying extra for adult tickets then, lol.
  • Options
    I suppose its wrong as its doing the club out of money, but i suppose if you can get away with it, then i these people are going to do it.
  • Options
    stackit... Thats so stupid its funny! They obviously hadnt quite grasped the concept. Brains.
  • Options
    I got checked as well and wondered why, but having read some of the posts above i guess it makes sense if adults are using U11 tickets!

I notice that the stewards still let every man and his dog smoke in the north upper toilets at half time though.
  • Options
    For some reason my season ticket states "concession" on it. I'm 34 years old.

I fully expect someone will query this at some point but I'm pretty sure my father paid full price
  • Options
    yep we got checked as well
  • Options
    Same old in the North Lower, just passed the guy the voucher and that was it.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The club asked the stewards to check that adults in the north upper had adult tickets (not all did) and we will be carrying out further checks in future (not just in the north upper).

What I'm told officially re the east turnstiles is that the usual number (four in Havey Gardens) were open and the queue was caused by people arriving later than usual. However, I've also been told that no turnstiles were open and shutters were down for a period around 2.40pm. Anyone else see that?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As I brought a neighbour and his two boys as part of the Yeovil offer, I arrived at the ground a good 20 minutes earlier than normal to be amazed and the queues for the East Stand turnstiles. First time I'd seen people queuing to get into the ground across the Gardens since the Prem days.

Thought we were in for a bumper crowd, but looking round it appeared most were ST holders. Once in the queues it was obvious the reason was due to the lack of open turnstiles - indeed there were fewer open than on Tuesday night. Not held up for that long, but it did surprise me.

Oh, and well done the Club for pulling up those people who want to cheat the Club out of desperately needed income. It's not as if home tickets are £40/£50 per match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The club asked the stewards to check that adults in the north upper had adult tickets (not all did) and we will be carrying out further checks in future (not just in the north upper).

What I'm told officially re the east turnstiles is that the usual number (four in Havey Gardens) were open and the queue was caused by people arriving later than usual. However, I've also been told that no turnstiles were open and shutters were down for a period around 2.40pm. Anyone else see that?

Can't remember exactly how many turnstiles were open but not the usual amount that's for sure. I arrived at 2.40pm & more were opened up one by one from 2.50pm onwards. I arrive at the ground the same time for every match & I'd say the congestion was definately caused by the closure of the turnstiles
  • Options
    For the family enclosure there is normaly 2 turnstiles open but the 2nd wasnt opened until about 2.30 when there was a bit of crowd forming their was quite a few still outside at 3pm and loads to go into the east when i went back out to take me jackpot tickets back to the office
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The club asked the stewards to check that adults in the north upper had adult tickets (not all did) and we will be carrying out further checks in future (not just in the north upper).

Surely every ticket in every stand should be checked for every game. If there are adults going to every game in a season for £49 then that needs to be addressed.

I would go as far as to say that the club should be doing more than just turning these fans away or sending them to the ticket office. In the case of season tickets they should confiscate them leave the onus on the holder to justify why he had the wrong ticket.

I've heard stories about adults being turned away with an U11 ticket and going to the next turns tyke a kong and getting in there.

I've also heard of adults buying an U11 season ticket and using it to hold their seat and going to half the games and paying for an upgrade if they are forced to but not if they can get away with it.

Sure, some of these thieves would not bother buying a ticket at full price, but as it stands hundreds of pounds are being lost from this group that I would hardly call 'supporters'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite] What I'm told officially re the east turnstiles is that the usual number (four in Havey Gardens) were open and the queue was caused by people arriving later than usual. However, I've also been told that no turnstiles were open and shutters were down for a period around 2.40pm. Anyone else see that?

I got to the East Stand turnstiles just after 2.40pm and there was already a queue curling round and up the road.
    Normally at that time you walk up and can get in just about straightaway, but as far as I could see there were only two turnstiles open - but I couldn't even get close enough to be sure of that!
  • Options
    Up until this season I have had a concession ticket for my son. Often he couldn't go so I took a mate instead. I always upgrade it to full adult at the ticket office.

I think this is scandalous. In my view its like stealing from your best mate.

I hope these people are ashamed of what they've done!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    A few seasons ago they used to do this . At one time they would not let anyone go up tio NW Quad without seeing their ticket . The poor lady who sat next to went to the toilet on the ground floor and could not get back to her seat as her olsd man had their season ticket in his pocket
  • Options
    Does that mean the turnstyle operators who dont check tickets and let people in with the wrong tickets will be fired ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Does that mean the turnstyle operators who dont check tickets and let people in with the wrong tickets will be fired ?

Does make u wonder what they are doing except counting the stubs! Used to happen all the time when we had money, so good move by the club, I hope the exercise was justified and the matchday income increased
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]For some reason my season ticket states "concession" on it. I'm 34 years old.

I fully expect someone will query this at some point but I'm pretty sure my father paid full price[/quote]

Out of interest, your father wouldn't happen to be an oap with an adult ticket would he ?