Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket checking

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The club asked the stewards to check that adults in the north upper had adult tickets (not all did) and we will be carrying out further checks in future (not just in the north upper).

Surely every ticket in every stand should be checked for every game. If there are adults going to every game in a season for £49 then that needs to be addressed.

I would go as far as to say that the club should be doing more than just turning these fans away or sending them to the ticket office. In the case of season tickets they should converskate them leave the onus on the holder to justify why he had the wrong ticket.

I've heard stories about adults being turned away with an U11 ticket and going to the next turns tyke a kong and getting in there.

I've also heard of adults buying an U11 season ticket and using it to hold their seat and going to half the games and paying for an upgrade if they are forced to but not if they can get away with it.

Sure, some of these thieves would not bother buying a ticket at full price, but as it stands hundreds of pounds are being lost from this group that I would hardly call 'supporters'.

Def agree with KHA that they should have their Season tickets confiscated until they can justify having a junior ticket. The club would not lose out because they already have the revenue, so at best revenues would remain the same at worst they would have to buy full price tickets or upgrade their season ticket for the season.

I had a junir ticket for my kids a few years ago but soon came to the conclusion that they would never use it except as a punishment, so used it to take friends, but I always upgraded it for them can't believe anyone would claim to be charlton and then cheat the club out of the revenue.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The club opened as many turnstiles as possible on Tuesday because it was hard to predict the crowd, what time people would turn up being an evening game, and because of the limited number of ticket windows how long it would take them to purchase their tickets when they did. With the north closed we also had the matchday staff available to cover this.

A Saturday league game is fairly predictable so you wouldn't put in as much contingency. Only a small minority buy on the day and if there is a surge you can normally read that from the advance sales. The advice from the safety control room is that we had the usual turnstiles open and whatever reason the walk-up was later than usual. This might have been down to traffic or people watching the Arsenal/Spurs match.

Certainly there were no more than four open when I got there at 2.50pm and I saw the shutter go up on another pair at that time.

From recollection, you can admit 600 people per turnstile per hour, and there was also one open at the Bartram Gate. I understand the queue cleared pretty quickly once the extra turnstiles were opened.
  • Options
    I'll be buying on the day next week since I forgot to buy a ticket after yesterdays game and I don't intend to hang around after Tuesday game to buy a ticket...if ticket sales leading up to the game are not very high then the club might find the queues on the day are going to be a bit longer if others are doing the same as me...
  • Options
    As yesterday there will be two windows in the north stand selling Luton (seat of your choice) on Tuesday before the game, so that people don't have to join the west stand queue.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]
    Surely every ticket in every stand should be checked for every game. If there are adults going to every game in a season for £49 then that needs to be addressed.

I would go as far as to say that the club should be doing more than just turning these fans away or sending them to the ticket office. In the case of season tickets they should converskate them leave the onus on the holder to justify why he had the wrong ticket.

I've heard stories about adults being turned away with an U11 ticket and going to the next turns tyke a kong and getting in there.

I've also heard of adults buying an U11 season ticket and using it to hold their seat and going to half the games and paying for an upgrade if they are forced to but not if they can get away with it.

Sure, some of these thieves would not bother buying a ticket at full price, but as it stands hundreds of pounds are being lost from this group that I would hardly call 'supporters'.

Absolutely agree with this.... but 'converskate'? What?
  • Options
    I know that all match tickets are pre-printed before details such as match, price and adult/child/concession are printed on to the tickets but would it not be in the clubs interest to maybe use a different colour ticket for child/concessions? i realise that this would maybe add to further costs but surely it would more than pay for itself if it prevents people buying to wrong tickets, so not losing the revenue?

Also, the people that are regulary doing this should be ashamed to call themselves supporters, especially given our financial situation. but you can also argue that this is no different than back in the days of the "old" valley when (as many of posters here have admitted) people used to climb over the fence to get in for nothing.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]I know that all match tickets are pre-printed before details such as match, price and adult/child/concession are printed on to the tickets but would it not be in the clubs interest to maybe use a different colour ticket for child/concessions? i realise that this would maybe add to further costs but surely it would more than pay for itself if it prevents people buying to wrong tickets, so not losing the revenue?

Also, the people that are regulary doing this should be ashamed to call themselves supporters, especially given our financial situation. but you can also argue that this is no different than back in the days of the "old" valley when (as many of posters here have admitted) people used to climb over the fence to get in for nothing.[/quote]

That could be a good idea actually. As i say, if people can get away with it, then their going to keep doing it, as they must think to themselves ''why pay £17, when i can get in for a £5''
  • Options
    Are the match number pages in the season ticket book not a different colour dependent on Adult/Concession/Child?

Not sure it is worth it or even possible for the club to issue different coloured individual match tickets. It is the job of the ticket collectors to check and obviously over the last few years- they have not.
  • Options
    I usually enter the East Stand via Harvey Gardens and was surprised by the length of the queues when i got there on Saturday. So I tried at the Bartram Gate and found that although there was a queue at the two turnstiles that were open (no more than 20 people for each) the queues were moving quickly.

I and a lot of people had been queing for Luton tickets at the North Stand ticket office so perhaps this was a contributing factor? The queues for the windows there weren't managed very well in my opinion as people were queuing straight across the road rather than being marshalled by a steward to keep to the pavement. But the only one I could see was managing the lift up to the top of the North Stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The club asked the stewards to check that adults in the north upper had adult tickets (not all did) and we will be carrying out further checks in future (not just in the north upper).

What I'm told officially re the east turnstiles is that the usual number (four in Havey Gardens) were open and the queue was caused by people arriving later than usual. However, I've also been told that no turnstiles were open and shutters were down for a period around 2.40pm. Anyone else see that?

Arrived at Harvey Gardens around 2.40 for the East Stand. Some shutters were down and only 2 or 3 turnstiles were open resulting in long queues. Walked up the hill to the Bartram Entrance, no queues and got in easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've got in with OAP ticket before and i'm 22... surely I haven't aged that bad?!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I've got in with OAP ticket before and i'm 22... surely I haven't aged that bad?![/quote]

Why would you even try to get in with an OAP ticket when you're 22?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I've got in with OAP ticket before and i'm 22... surely I haven't aged that bad?![/quote]

One's stuck his head above the parapet......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tom Hovi[/cite]

What I'm told officially re the east turnstiles is that the usual number (four in Havey Gardens) were open and the queue was caused by people arriving later than usual. However, I've also been told that no turnstiles were open and shutters were down for a period around 2.40pm. Anyone else see that?

Arrived at Harvey Gardens around 2.40 for the East Stand. Some shutters were down and only 2 or 3 turnstiles were open resulting in long queues. Walked up the hill to the Bartram Entrance, no queues and got in easily.

Same as Tom Hovi the shutters were down on at least 2 turnstiles and these were opened at 2.50. My mate who saw the huge queues in the East said it was no different to any other game in the West.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I've got in with OAP ticket before and i'm 22... surely I haven't aged that bad?!
    Good on yer for defrauding a club that has debt coming out of its arse. The club needs as many 'fans' like you as it can get.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I've got in with OAP ticket before and i'm 22... surely I haven't aged that bad?!
    Good on yer for defrauding a club that has debt coming out of its arse. The club needs as many 'fans' like you as it can get.
  • Options
    If you bought an adult ticket but a child used it, do the club give you a partial refund..?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]If you bought an adult ticket but a child used it, do the club give you a partial refund..?

No
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]If you bought an adult ticket but a child used it, do the club give you a partial refund..?

No
    Come on, Dicky, play the game, give these kids their money back...
  • Options

Over 60 and Under 21 are the same price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addicted[/cite] As I brought a neighbour and his two boys as part of the Yeovil offer, I arrived at the ground a good 20 minutes earlier than normal to be amazed and the queues for the East Stand turnstiles. First time I'd seen people queuing to get into the ground across the Gardens since the Prem days.

Oh, and well done the Club for pulling up those people who want to cheat the Club out of desperately needed income. It's not as if home tickets are £40/£50 per match.

You mention "the offer for the Yeovil game" well Steve brought his Father along for the offer only to be told the offer ended the day before!! I am all for the Club getting maximum revenue from all that enter but to close a match day offer before the match seems a little silly?

Nick, good to see you! hopefully get a chance for a chat next time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]You mention "the offer for the Yeovil game" well Steve brought his Father along for the offer only to be told the offer ended the day before!! I am all for the Club getting maximum revenue from all that enter but to close a match day offer before the match seems a little silly?

All the adverts for the offer made clear it wasn't available on the day; we would not want to complicate the matchday arrangements any further. If it was just about selling the maximum number of tickets at any price we would have reduced prices across the board.

On different coloured tickets for concessions, this isn't possible as the tickets are on a continuous feed through the same printer at each sales point. The away tickets are a different colour because they are only ever bulk printed for each match.
  • Options
    I think the club officials should concentrate on improving attendances, rather than reducing them..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]I think the club officials should concentrate on improving attendances, rather than reducing them..[/quote]

Meaning, its better to have the people there paying £5, then not having them there at all?
  • Options
    I wonder what the ratio of pissed off fans was to those 'fans' actually found not paying, or how many won't now turn up on the day.. hmm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]I think the club officials should concentrate on improving attendances, rather than reducing them..
    I think the club are actually trying to cut down on fraud (a criminal act) rather than the attendances Joseph.
  • Options
    Yeah Joseph.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]I think the club officials should concentrate on improving attendances, rather than reducing them..

Meaning, its better to have the people there paying £5, then not having them there at all?

No, it's better if all adults pay the appropriate price to maximise the revenue and help the club avoid having to put the price up for everyone else in order to subsidise the cheats.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]You mention "the offer for the Yeovil game" well Steve brought his Father along for the offer only to be told the offer ended the day before!! I am all for the Club getting maximum revenue from all that enter but to close a match day offer before the match seems a little silly?

All the adverts for the offer made clear it wasn't available on the day; we would not want to complicate the matchday arrangements any further. If it was just about selling the maximum number of tickets at any price we would have reduced prices across the board.

On different coloured tickets for concessions, this isn't possible as the tickets are on a continuous feed through the same printer at each sales point. The away tickets are a different colour because they are only ever bulk printed for each match.

Airman Brown

Understood, I personally wasnt aware of the full content of the offer (0/10 for home work) neither was Steve obviously!! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]

Airman Brown

Understood, I personally wasnt aware of the full content of the offer (0/10 for home work) neither was Steve obviously!! ;-)

Bloody part timer :-)