Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm I've been in Plymouth all weekend, and things are really bad down there. They have lost something like four or five homes on the spin, used 27 players so far this season, and we go and get a player from them who has only played 9 games!!

A bit of a worry for us as we can only get Plymouth rejects!?
  • Options
    We've been linked with him before . I think its a sensible precaution whilst Dailly is out.
  • Options
    With Solly out i guess he's just cover for Francis
  • Options
    Lots of problems

This was part of the problem, but it flared up again last week

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/SEIP-S-WIFE-DEFENDS-THUMBS-GESTURE/article-1458757-detail/article.html
  • Options
    Remember him playing for blackpool on loan last season and even scored against plymouth i think, anyway hes a center back naturally so glad we have someone in, should go ahead of llera in the pecking order.
  • Options
    This was last weeks events

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/pafc/argyle/Argyle-star-s-wife-Twitter-slur-opposition/article-2915204-detail/article.html
  • Options
    Good to have cover for Francis if anything happens.

Guess whether he plays at CB depends on how Parky sees Jon Fortune and whether he can cope with 4 games in just over 2 weeks. Also gives Doc some competiton which is always good as he was average at best on Sat and keeps Llera down the pecking order.

Finally it means Fry can stay at LB and Jacko LM as despite Fry looking a decent CB, if it isn't broke don't fix it on the left at the moment.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    when a player is not match fit, like reid says this one isn't yet and just that we've had a few in the last couple of seasons that take time for them to be of any use to us. seeing that it's advantageous to their club as well as ours,well do we be only pay a small percentage of the wages for the privilege of getting them fit?
  • Options
    I look forward to giving lucy the thumbs up at the Valley.
  • Options
    Good that we have more cover in the squad.

Also a player known to the coaching team as Breaker was Asst Manger at Plymouth while he was there. (Proving again that it's not agents who suggest players to be signed)

Clearly been a falling out with the manager but both Blackpool and Sheff Utd (two play-off chasing teams) took him on loan last term so someone else thought he was OK.

Before the falling out he seems to have been a regular.

Question is what is his role? Cover until Solly/Dailly comes back or even first choice ahead of Francis or Fortune? That will please some.

Also means the Club (ie R. Murray Esq) have stumped up some money. Again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interested to see what he can do for us. I don't think Parky or Breaker just pick the first guy off the list when it comes to looking for team members, that was more Pardew's strategy I think.
  • Options
    Looks like it's complicated and that the fact he hasn't been playing is about more than the football. You can sort of see both sides- what a mess and caused by ltting their own player play against them!!!!
  • Options
    I know it's childish but has anyone else noticed that an anagram of Marcel Seip is Piles Cream.
  • Options
    Glad we've got cover.

I know there are always two sides to every story but certainly ses like he's had an interesting last few years! I just hope he is a Parky player!

My guess is it's a loan with a view to a permanent deal
  • Options
    From the O/S

Charlton have signed versatile Plymouth Argyle right-back Marcel Seip on loan until January 8th, the club revealed on Monday.

With skipper Christian Dailly suspended for the next four games, Addicks boss Phil Parkinson has moved quickly to snap up the Dutch defender as cover.

Most at home at right-back, the 28-year-old can also play in the centre of defence and is in the squad for the home match against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night (7.45pm).
  • Options
    http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

green army view
  • Options
    So he's here as cover a bit like Daniels was.

If everyone is fit I doubt we'll extend it given our finances
  • Options
    So potentially he's their best player, but is also perceived as "Trouble".

I would expect him to play well for us as we could be his escape route. However, if it doesn't work out, he can always be sent back. So hopefully we have nothing to lose & everything to gain.
  • Options
    Can't play in the Cups which is a pain.

How many other Dutch players have we had? JFH?
  • Options
    Comment on page 2 of the Plymouth thread about how he only plays well when on loan so hope that continues.

Also that he played his best football when Breaker was there so there are two reasons for us to be optimistic it could be a decent move, that is of course if he even plays.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clearly he has fallen out big time with the club and the manager and his agent has been asked to find him another club as soon as possible. Proving once again that at this level it is agents who are the principal facilitators of player moves between clubs. Obviously the agent has a better chance of moving the player if he approaches clubs where the coaching staff are familiar with the player.
  • Options
    Bit unexpected but with Dailly and Solly out for a while and the loan window closing, it looks like we don't want to risk not having enough options. Another suspension or injury and we'd end up with the likes of Mambo as the only defender on the bench in big games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Clearly he has fallen out big time with the club and the manager and his agent has been asked to find him another club as soon as possible. Proving once again that at this level it is agents who are the principal facilitators of player moves between clubs. Obviously the agent has a better chance of moving the player if he approaches clubs where the coaching staff are familiar with the player.

Good one, very funny.
  • Options
    Asked the Plymouth FM researcher about Seip, has already replied.

Apparently told Sturrock he could do a better job as manager himself.

Our OS says he's a RB who can play CB, looks like it was the other way round at Plymouth.
    Right, Seip is a CB who can play RB. He is most certainly not a RB and that will probably show. When he plays there, he seems to think it gives him the right to go forward and not go back.

When Marcel played at CB under Holloway (and Breacker) he was the best centre back outside of the Premier League, without doubt. Since then, no manager has been able to handle him at all. It all started last season when Sturrock lost the dressing room completely and he told Sturrock he could do a better job himself. That lead him to going out on loan twice (Blackpool and Sheff Utd).

He's played a few times this season, and in all honesty, has not looked bothered at all. He's quite happy to pick up his £6k a week and play to the standards he wants to. Reid's been trying to ship him out since he's been here. On the wages note, not heard anything yet, will ask some people tomorrow.

Hopefully that helps. If you get the same Seip that played under Tim Breacker 3 years ago, you will see a cracking defender.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]I know it's childish but has anyone else noticed that an anagram of Marcel Seip is Piles Cream.

Ah did make me giggle.

Sounds a good move.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed party drops Francis and gives him a run out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Fingers crossed party drops Francis and gives him a run out

Not after reading the Plymouth fans comment on Scohams post number 25, sounds like Seip gets caught far too far forward even more than Francis. Should keep Francis on his toes though.
  • Options
    What is it with Dutch players? it seems to me that he needs to feel motivated, and used in a way that suits him...OK as long as we're winning.
  • Options
    This should be entertaining - strap yourselves in folks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Fingers crossed party drops Francis and gives him a run out

No no bo no no no no

Francis is the best rb we have that is fit
    His dead ball is superb and whilst it seems fashionable on here to slate him I can't think of many goals he's cost us this season....

Seip is cover at CB. Llera is a bit of a liability, fortune hadn't convinced me yet, Doherty is committed bur limited and after that we're short.