Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new defender in on loan

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully this will be a solid signing. I don't expect him to go straight into the starting XI on tuesday but he's got championship experience and it seems like people think he can play a bit, so no reason why he can't put pressure on Francis or Doc. I just hope that being reunited with Breacker means we won't see any 'disciplinary problems' from him.
  • Options
    Agree with Swisdom, apart from Sat when Francis was not at his best, he has looked very decent recently. Imho his recent form has meant we have not missed Richardson so much and he certainly offers good set pieces (Carlisle away) and a threat going forward.

Personally I think his performance on Sat can be attributed to Waggy being out of the side as they have formed a good partnership down the right and the fact Reid is not a RM and lacked defensive discipline.

If Seip is to play, surely it would be at CB- probably alongside the Doc.
  • Options
    Having read a bit more , I am even more positive. We need extra cover over a busy period of the season.

Llera is a good replacement for Doherty but not to play alongside him against a pacy forward line . Fortune looks like he can't do two games a week yet.

Against Rovers I believe we should start with Fortune but have Seip as an option off the bench if he tires. My only concern is he can't play in the Cups ( maybe Cup tied in the JPT ).
  • Options
    How long have we got him for?
  • Options
    It seems that when Francis is partnered on the right with Waggy it works defensively and in attack, with Reid there last Saturday it didn't work either way. As I mentioned elsewhere Reid got a hell of a tell off by Breaker when he was subbed.

Without Youga and Solly we were vulnerable to injuries, suspensions or loss of from at the back, at least we now have cover with Seip at RB and Jackson, if we have to, at LB.
  • Options
    Agree LL.

Reading what PP says about the window closing very soon this seems like a "just in case" move which may not have happened if Dailly had not been sent off.

Breacker knows Seip and his record suggests he is a more than decent player for this level when his head is right.

My guess is that Plymouth having been looking to move him on for a while and now we need him we took advantage.

Could be another cancelled contract as with Jackson and Reid where the previous club were happy to get the wages off their costs and we are waiting to sign the player on a lower wage. Player takes a pay cut but gets a longer contract, no bad thing in today's market.
  • Options
    I'd expect him to be coming to play, to be honest. Sounds an intriguing signing, but Parky's never shown the most patience with troublesome players. I'd also wonder about the wisdom of putting more new faces into a squad that's actually bedded reasonably quickly. An interesting gamble, but one that might not suit our club.
  • Options
    Good point McLovin - Parky's got them all onside and playing as a team - will bringing someone in disrupt that? Especially someone with "history".
  • Options

"Very few people have ever doubted his ability. However, I find it hard to think of any other Argyle player who has been such a consistent detrimental factor to the harmony of the squad"

That's got to be a bit of a worrying comment ?
  • Options
    Hmmm, I'm always a bit nervous about signing players with dodgy track records attitude wise - they rarely work out in the long term. I've been pleased with the way Parky has made signing grafters a priority, albeit grafters who can play a bit too, let's hope he knows what he's doing with this one.

On the plus side Breaker obviously knows him well so they won't be going into this completely blind and Parky's judgement on transfers has been pretty sound so far. Only a loan signing anyway, so we can always bin him out again if he starts making trouble and at least the testimonies of the Argyle fans suggest he's got talent when his head is right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree.

On the plus side we have seen players who've not worked out here for whatever reason settle and do well elsewhere.

And without bigging ourselves up we are a bigger club than PAFC. Maybe there he was a big fish in a small pond. Here he will be fighting for a CH place with the like of Doc and Dailly, both experienced internationals who've played in the top flight.

The key factor for me is that he worked with Breacker before so Tim knows his character as well as his ability.
  • Options
    decent signing in my opinion and hopefully a change of Club will enable him to put all the other issues behind him. Good cover fror both CH and RB and will keep those in the team on their toes. As a big critic of Francis initially I find the suggestion that Seip should replace him immediately a bit strange. I still have my doubts about Francis but he has been playing well enough recently to keep his place in the team and is getting better as the season progresses. Maybe he is just one of those that take a long time to settle in.
  • Options
    Thumbs up to Parky on bringing this fella in.

Evertyime we lose Dailly to injury or suspension, our form goes down the toilet.

To have a classy defender in reserve is good planning. I expect him to feature tonight or they would not have completed the deal today.

PS Can we please move on from the Francis bashing. His only problem was being rusty at the season start and he is one of our best performers.
  • Options
    his mrs looks a sort
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    they only called them a pub team.i mean, some people are so precious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: grumpyaddick[/cite]
    PS Can we please move on from the Francis bashing. His only problem was being rusty at the season start and he is one of our best performers.

Francis' problem is that he walks a fine line between calm & assured on one side, and sloppy & over casual on the other. Having a bit of competition for his place will hopefully help focus his mind and keep him the right side of that line.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Agree.

On the plus side we have seen players who've not worked out here for whatever reason settle and do well elsewhere.

And without bigging ourselves up we are a bigger club than PAFC. Maybe there he was a big fish in a small pond. Here he will be fighting for a CH place with the like of Doc and Dailly, both experienced internationals who've played in the top flight.

The key factor for me is that he worked with Breacker before so Tim knows his character as well as his ability.

Does that mean that, if we sign him permanently, we'll be looking to release Llera or Fortune 'cos we will have no less than NINE (Dailly, Doc, Llera, Fortune, Seip, Mambo, Fry, Semedo & Francis) players who can play of which the first seven would say it is their preferred position to play. Add Solly and Jacko to the list and we have a Team of Defenders!

Would rather we had brought in a Left back as cover as that would have enabled Fry to switch to CB as and when necessary and meant that Jacko could have stayed in midfield rather than revert to LB as the shape of the Team changes when we do that.
  • Options
    With Dailly and Solly out we have no cover at right back so it makes sense.

Mambo isn't ready and Semedo is needed in midfield so cross them off your list. Fry is playing LB and Francis RB. Fortune's contract runs out in January as does Seip's loan.

So right now the players we have on a season long contracts available to play tonight at centre half are Doc and Llera.

I agree that where we also need cover is LB but maybe we can't afford both or someone is still to come in or that with Jackson and Fry Parky feels that is less pressing.

I'd like another forward and a central midfielder as well but they would cost us £2 to £3k pw each which is money we don't have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]they only called them a pub team.i mean, some people are so precious.

Even I've played against Plymouth Parkway.

Come to think of it, I used to play against Plymouth Argyle.
    Well, their 3rd team, ha ha.

You should have seen the Argyle Away team dressing room........like a bloody air-raid shelter inside, talk about bleak and unwelcoming..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Does that mean that, if we sign him permanently, we'll be looking to release Llera or Fortune 'cos we will have no less than NINE (Dailly, Doc, Llera, Fortune, Seip, Mambo, Fry, Semedo & Francis) players who can play of which the first seven would say it is their preferred position to play. Add Solly and Jacko to the list and we have a Team of Defenders!

Just to clarify, 4 things have triggered this signing:

1) 4 match suspension for Dailly, obviously.

2) The loan transfer window closing on Thursday.

3) The Christmas/New Year fixture rush in 4 weeks time.
    Very little time for players to recover from fatigue, let alone injury.

4) It gives the management team a chance to run an eye over the player to see if he will fit in and enhance the squad.
    So a potential signing if Seip ticks all the boxes. If not, he goes back to Argyle.

With Dailly out for so long, logically Fortune (as a 2nd ball CB) steps in to cover Dailly).
    But then who covers Fortune should he get injured - or is he carrying a niggle already?

Llera (as a 1st ball CB) is the logical cover for Docherty. But he's evidently considered as a bit of a last resort, because he's not been getting even a run out in the Cup runs. He's perhaps the one man in the equasion who could be moved on.
    Also, there is a chance we could lose Fry in January, should he be recalled by West Ham.

Mambo is not ready, so won't yet be considered at this level.
    Parky evidently never foresaw both Youga and Solly would still be sidelined by injury.

He won't want to pull players out of their regular positions either, because that breaks up the pattern and flow of the side.
    So it makes sense to have Seip available to cover, thus causing the least disruption to team selection.

IMO Parky has been very prudent and ensuring he has experienced and quality cover with a demanding fixture list, suspension, injury, fatigue and loss of form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5) Despite some getting some clean sheets, our defence hasn't always looked that water tight - if there's a player available who might improve (arguably) the weakest area of the team right now then it's only right that signing him is given serious consideration.
  • Options
    [quote] IMO Parky has been very prudent and ensuring he has experienced and quality cover with a demanding fixture list, suspension, injury, fatigue and loss of form.[/quote]

This
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Just to clarify, 4 things have triggered this signing:

1) 4 match suspension for Dailly, obviously.

2) The loan transfer window closing on Thursday.

3) The Christmas/New Year fixture rush in 4 weeks time.
    Very little time for players to recover from fatigue, let alone injury.

4) It gives the management team a chance to run an eye over the player to see if he will fit in and enhance the squad.
    So a potential signing if Seip ticks all the boxes. If not, he goes back to Argyle.

With Dailly out for so long, logically Fortune (as a 2nd ball CB) steps in to cover Dailly).
    But then who covers Fortune should he get injured - or is he carrying a niggle already?

Llera (as a 1st ball CB) is the logical cover for Docherty. But he's evidently considered as a bit of a last resort, because he's not been getting even a run out in the Cup runs. He's perhaps the one man in the equasion who could be moved on.
    Also, there is a chance we could lose Fry in January, should he be recalled by West Ham.

Mambo is not ready, so won't yet be considered at this level.
    Parky evidently never foresaw both Youga and Solly would still be sidelined by injury.

He won't want to pull players out of their regular positions either, because that breaks up the pattern and flow of the side.
    So it makes sense to have Seip available to cover, thus causing the least disruption to team selection.

IMO Parky has been very prudent and ensuring he has experienced and quality cover with a demanding fixture list, suspension, injury, fatigue and loss of form.

all good points Oggy. I'm not convinced with Fortune to be honest. Looks to me like his injuries over the last year or two have caught up with him. Could see him leave in Jan being replaced permanently with Seip. Also could mean we let Llera out on loan or permanently. Hasn't even got a look in for recent Cup games and is only on the bench as their isn't anyone else as cover (Mambo isn't up to it yet). Seip will be at least on the bench tonight, maybe at Llera's expense, and may even start ahead of Fortune.
  • Options
    his mrs might wanna do some commentary for the cafc player crew , she looks alright so her commentary is bound to be good and she has a bit of chat by the sounds of it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]all good points Oggy. I'm not convinced with Fortune to be honest. Looks to me like his injuries over the last year or two have caught up with him. Could see him leave in Jan being replaced permanently with Seip. Also could mean we let Llera out on loan or permanently. Hasn't even got a look in for recent Cup games and is only on the bench as their isn't anyone else as cover (Mambo isn't up to it yet). Seip will be at least on the bench tonight, maybe at Llera's expense, and may even start ahead of Fortune.

Cheers, Large. Maybe you're not the only one not convinced by Fortune's fitness, I'm sure the management are monitoring it. He might even be carrying a new injury - but he'll know he's playing for a contract extension.

Having said that, Fortune hasn't let the side down whenever he's played, he's slotted in fairly seamlessly - like he did to cover for Dailly against Yeovil.

I doubt if Seip will start tonight (unless Fortune is out). and he'll be named on the bench, so he can see how we play - especially as Seip will not have had a proper training session with us, under his belt.

As others have said, Seip is only here because Breaker knows 1st hand what he's capable of while managing him at Argyle with Holloway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]his mrs might wanna do some commentary for the cafc player crew , she looks alright so her commentary is bound to be good and she has a bit of chat by the sounds of it

Thumbs up to that, OohAah.

;o)
  • Options
    He's only 5'11" according to the Plymouth site, hard to see him being a 1st choice centre-half in this league with that physique. Perhaps Francis has picked up a knock in training, anybody been to Sparrows lane since weekend?
  • Options
    He's grown an inch according to Wikipedia!
  • Options
    Thanks Henry for The Green Army views. To summarise, he's a good player with a lousy attitude, I would like to hear Tim Breackers comment on that. At the moment we seem to have a good spirit running through the team, lets not spoil it.
  • Options
    Peter Reid is a hard man to please and you know these Dutch players .. they will not put up with a bullying and over dogmatic manager. Welcome to the Valley Marcel and if you do get a game, I wish you all the very best