Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you're all going the Luton replay clap your hands....

Comments

• I'm sure a few will turn up on the door but can't imagine it will be that many. Disappointing!

Ordered mine on Monday morning & they haven't arrived yet!
  • the ticket sales are very disappointing and embarrassing.

People have no platform to complain about the potential of not getting a Spurs ticket.
  • ive got 30 years worth of credit mate, even though I'm not going tonight, the missus works and I have 3 kids but heyho to be 20 again
  • absolutely laughable that figure. it's 25 minutes on a fast train from STP - I thought barely anyone had ESPN anyway? It's not like it's on Sky. What on earth is it going to look like on telly?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]ive got 30 years worth of credit mate, even though I'm not going tonight, the missus works and I have 3 kids but heyho to be 20 again

Dont be so sensitive mate, you dont need to start justifying yourself, obviously some wont be able to make it but 330 is taking the piss even you have to admit that. It's a massive game the potential to earn at least £250,000 is one the club could do with right now.
  • Some of us work for a living and as NSS says have family commitments.

Luton to the depths of Kent in midweek with work the following day is a long journey in uncertain weather whether driving or by public transport, if indeed public transport runs late enough to get back.

Besides attendance at cup games or having an ordinary season ticket won't help get a Spurs ticket. We've already had that made clear to us elsewhere so what is the point frankly?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Besides attendance at cup games or having an ordinary season ticket won't help get a Spurs ticket. We've already had that made clear to us elsewhere so what is the point frankly?

It will as it represents 1/4 of the necessary entitlement for the opening round
  • Come to terms with Charlton apathy guys, its nothing new, get over it.
  • But getting back and fourth to Spurs on a Sunday afternoon with work the next day and the poor transport links will be fine.
  • 330 is utterly pathetic.

Can we have a 'where was you at luton' chant at the potential Spurs game? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]But getting back and fourth to Spurs on a Sunday afternoon with work the next day and the poor transport links will be fine.

It will be easier yes to get home at 4:00 pm or thereabouts on a Sunday afternoon from Tottenham than 10:00/10:30pm on a Thursday night from Luton in that one will be home early enough to get a good nights sleep in order to be prepared for work the next day. Tottenham is also nearer my home in Kent speaking purely personally.

That said I accept Sunday is far from ideal for the Tottenham game and personally would prefer a Saturday.
  • Of course people will have situations where the can't make a mid-week game, but 330! We should be bringing at least 800 tonight. Disgraceful.
  • I imagine it might swell to 500ish with walk-up. Hasn't been much notice buying tickets and I dunno about anyone else but my post has been horrific
  • To put into context, we took 547 to Bristol Rovers last season for a Monday night live on Sky.

Cochester midweek last season, roughly the same distance, saw us take 2,066.

Tel is right, Charlton apathy has well and truely kicked in. Our away attendances across the board are considerably down on last season.

I'll be in the pub watching it tonight, but even if it wasn't on the telly i really doubt we would take much more than what we are.

Fair play to those of you going, get behind the boys the best you can.
  • I blame Suzi!

If it wasn't for her getting me a pass to Wagamama tonight and me telling the missus I'd take her I would have been there!
  • [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]But getting back and fourth to Spurs on a Sunday afternoon with work the next day and the poor transport links will be fine.

sh** stirring again ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]To put into context, we took 547 to Bristol Rovers last season for a Monday night live on Sky.

Cochester midweek last season, roughly the same distance, saw us take 2,066.

Tel is right, Charlton apathy has well and truely kicked in. Our away attendances across the board are considerably down on last season.

I'll be in the pub watching it tonight, but even if it wasn't on the telly i really doubt we would take much more than what we are.

Fair play to those of you going, get behind the boys the best you can.

Wasn't the Colchester game in the summer or early autumn?

It's very different having to negotiate icy ungritted roads and /or a skeleton /non-existent public transport system. Also money is tight for many of us particularly in the run up to Christmas.

I make no bones that I would rather spend money on a Spurs ticket than a Luton ticket if by some miracle there are any left by the time ordinary scummy season ticket holders like me become eligible. I have season tickets and struggle to afford them. Any extra games I pick and choose. That said I generally get to matches at The Valley in the various cups in which we play as tickets are generally priced sensibly for those matches although I missed the JPT Dagenham and Redbridge for work reasons this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rufus is a dogs name[/cite]According to the Charlton twitter we've only sold 330 for this! (as of yesterday).

Surprised by this as thought we'd take a lot more (even though its on TV)

When i rang Luton about an hour ago this was confimed when they told me that there were over 1000 tickets left for the away end.
  • The wonders of Satellite Television !

Anyone at the ground dont forget to check the referee at kick off - sure he will want to make sure it doesnt coincide with an advert for sanitary towels !

Luton v Charlton: Kick Off 7:46pm
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I make no bones that I would rather spend money on a Spurs ticket than a Luton ticket if by some miracle there are any left by the time ordinary scummy season ticket holders like me become eligible.

give it a rest for christ's sake
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't do cup games anymore...we are crap in these games... And you can have my Spurs ticket should we go through, which I doubt.
  • a lot of people including me have Xmas dos tonight which might affect it a bit but either way (and even though i am not going so can't slag it too much) this is utterly appalling and inexcusable and in my opinion we deserve to lose and miss out on the trip to spurs for having such terrible away support, Luton's fans deserve that trip more than ours
  • With this weather and the dodgy train services combined, you cant blame people for not going.....the twenty minute commute to Sevenoaks is taking anything up to 2 hours due to the ice and snow and the game is on TV....you would have seen more people attending had it not been televised, but for those expecting 1500/2000...its sadly not going to happen, certainly not at this stage of the competition
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I make no bones that I would rather spend money on a Spurs ticket than a Luton ticket if by some miracle there are any left by the time ordinary scummy season ticket holders like me become eligible.

Are the thought police out?

I do not agree with the system of ticket allocation for the Tottenham game. Am I not allowed to express that view on a discussion board?

This is an FA CUP match. Those who have attended earlier FA CUP matches should get priority (after the 5 year VIPs) if ordinary season ticket holders are to be at the bottom of the heap.

If I am in a minority of one with my opinion so be it.
  • i blame tilbrook
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I make no bones that I would rather spend money on a Spurs ticket than a Luton ticket if by some miracle there are any left by the time ordinary scummy season ticket holders like me become eligible.

Are the thought police out?

I do not agree with the system of ticket allocation for the Tottenham game. Am I not allowed to express that view on a discussion board?

This is an FA CUP match. Those who have attended earlier FA CUP matches should get priority (after the 5 year VIPs) if ordinary season ticket holders are to be at the bottom of the heap.

If I am in a minority of one with my opinion so be it.

yes you can express whatever you like but I can't be the only one finding it tiresome, it's done, nobody has any choice but to get on with it and deal with it

if you want to go to an away game then go to previous away games... that's the same logic as your FA Cup argument

I am an "ordinary scummy season-ticket holder" myself... however I've been to enough away games in order to fit the club's proposed arrangements, that isn't luck, that's time and money (sometimes not) well spent
  • It's strange because Luton is such a lovely place to go.
  • len mate stop worrying you will get a ticket,saying that anyone braving luton tonight deserves to get one as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]It's strange because Luton is such a lovely place to go.

yep - its a palace compared to palace
  • corby managed to take 412 in the replay in the last round