Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West stand, give us a song

Comments

• Options
    Mug
  • Options
    I'll take that as a moral victory ;-). Much love x
  • Options
    Take it how you want sweetheart - can't be bothered to trawl through some of your ridiculous posts on the subject.

Bottom line is I support my club. Don't really give a fuck what you think.
  • Options
    Not questioning you being a fan of our club, just the way you support it. But as i also said, all to there own, and it's what makes us a great little family nobody club.
  • Options
    I'd suggest Andy if you think we're a 'nobody club' you erm, how do I say this, stop coming.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nobody club in terms of the fans. Tell me this, how many sets of fans would let 20 or so Millwall large it up in the home end? Just annoying when we can create such a good atmosphere with 2 thousand odd fans away from home and then they dissapear back into the boredom at home games.

My 18th year as a ST holder and the match day experiance at the Valley has just got boring and more of a chore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Tell me this, how many sets of fans would let 20 or so Millwall large it up.
    What?

They're not very good at "larging it up" because I've never seen or heard them. And if they are "Millwall" why are they at The Valley?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Not questioning you being a fan of our club, just the way you support it. But as i also said, all to there own, and it's what makes us a great little family nobody club.

That's a disgraceful comment from a so-called Charlton supporter. I really think you should take that back.
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]how many sets of fans would let 20 or so Millwall large it up in the home end?

Not sure this really happened.
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]My 18th year as a ST holder and the match day experiance at the Valley has just got boring and more of a chore.

I trust you've taken WSS's advice on board ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Not many away fans these days outsing the home fans, look up and down the leagues.

??
  • Options
    That isn't 'Royal Stewart' JT. Get with the program.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did nobody see the east stand towards the big screen when we drew 4-4 with them? We are in the small catorgory of clubs that would let that happen.

Im not saying go and fight the little grebs, but some intimidation would have been nice.

IA, you look in the championship and clubs similar to us in league 1, most ground create great atmospheres, Southampton being one of the best in this league. Intimidating in a friendly way, just like the Valley used to be.

It is no lie that the atmosphere has suffered majorly from our demise. The 12 thousand odd die hards we do get every game should be making more atmosphere than we do now. That is a fact.
  • Options
    I didn't want to insult the weststanders with this thread but it seems I have, lets be honest we all know the west doesn't have an atmosphere of any kind, oh wait yes it does, a boring one.

You may think I'm mad but I believe atmosphere from the stands DOES affect the players, so why not make noise from all three stands and let our boys know we're behind them, and also let the opposition players we don't like them (by this I mean don't want them scoring etc). This isn't being a muppet or being yobish this is just doing our bit for the team.

Long live the covered end H block, J block and all the fans who're on there feet all game expression their passion for the team vocally, we need more abuse at opposition players and more songs like " SEEEEMMMMMMMMEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOO OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH" to let them know we love them.

Prime example last season, our boys were completely gutless at the New Den, the occasion got to them and so did songs like "No one likes us" ringing in their ears all game. Also Swindon at home playoff, our fans booing Swindon players everytime they got the ball, it was terrific, and we outplayed them for 90 minutes, albeit a cock up let them back in the game. It felt like a Football atmosphere!
  • Options
    I doubt very much the players were affected by 'Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'
  • Options
    On the verge of sourcing one of these badboys on EBAY. Looking forward to supping on some weak, milky tea at the Walsall game whilst you chumps freeze your gonads off.

greentartanvintageflask.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]I didn't want to insult the weststanders with this thread but it seems I have, lets be honest we all know the west doesn't have an atmosphere of any kind, oh wait yes it does, a boring one.

You may think I'm mad but I believe atmosphere from the stands DOES affect the players!

YES YES YES!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]IA, you look in the championship and clubs similar to us in league 1, most ground create great atmospheres, Southampton being one of the best in this league. Intimidating in a friendly way, just like the Valley used to be.

I went to one Championship match this season, at the City Ground in Nottingham, and the away fans (Sheffield United) outsang the home fans.

That was apparently a good atmosphere according to Forest fan friends, and a good home atmosphere for the Championship. I went to Leeds and Huddersfield last season, and didn't think much of their home fans, apart from when Leeds played their camp song to get them going. There's been a dire atmosphere at Hillsborough so far this season, though that may change when Mandaric sacks Irvine. Peterborough were quiet.

You say Southampton and "clubs similar to us in league 1". I'm guessing Wednesday and Peterborough aren't similar enough to us, so how many of the 24 clubs in this division are?
  • Options
    Why do people at The Valley let away fans come to the Valley and rule it? How can you let this happen? how can it not make you get up and shout some shit back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]You may think I'm mad but I believe atmosphere from the stands DOES affect the players, so why not make noise from all three stands and let our boys know we're behind them, and also let the opposition players we don't like them (by this I mean don't want them scoring etc). This isn't being a muppet or being yobish this is just doing our bit for the team.

Long live the covered end H block, J block and all the fans who're on there feet all game expression their passion for the team vocally, we need more abuse at opposition players and more songs like " SEEEEMMMMMMMMEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOO OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH" to let them know we love them.

Prime example last season, our boys were completely gutless at the New Den, the occasion got to them and so did songs like "No one likes us" ringing in their ears all game. Also Swindon at home playoff, our fans booing Swindon players everytime they got the ball, it was terrific, and we outplayed them for 90 minutes, albeit a cock up let them back in the game. It felt like a Football atmosphere!

So because you *think* it has an effect, we all have to sing and clap to make you happy else we get slagged off. You cannot list 2 matches in the history of football to back up an argument that creating an atmosphere makes the team player better.
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Im not saying go and fight the little grebs, but some intimidation would have been nice.

Would it really though? I would rather say nothing than get a punch in the face to be honest.
  • Options
    Jazzy, you're on my level by the looks of things you respond positively everytime I write something, true football fan.
  • Options
    I don't think i've ever read so much blinkered, immature ramblings in my life - and I write enough of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dabos-

I can only assume you are an elderly women?

Why would I spend the whole day listing games where atmosphere has effected the players? That is plain stupid what you've just said.
    And you're not going to get a punch in the face for making an intimidating atmosphere, unless you go looking for trouble, it happens at most grounds in the country.
  • Options
    That's more like it Mickey. Tartan's fine, a flask is fine - but a TARTAN FLASK is the holy grail !

(PS. I'd prefer Ovaltine in mine please - tea is a bit too strong for me, even milky tea)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I think I'm great

I agree
  • Options
    Look at it this way, don't you think maybe 1 time!, just 1 time, all the people that stand and sing loud every home game deserve a game where the west stand sing? or if its not asking to much then maybe sing for 10minutes? please? it would honestly make my day and you never know..... you might enjoy it :-)
  • Options
    Standing and singing is what seperates Football from other sports, and I believe we should keep it that way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I think I'm great

I agree

I like the cut of your jib IA - you respond positively everytime you post something you agree with. You're a true football fan.
  • Options
    some people...... honestly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]I can only assume you are an elderly women?

And you're not going to get a punch in the face for making an intimidating atmosphere, unless you go looking for trouble, it happens at most grounds in the country.

I was responding to you suggesting that those in the East Stand go and approach 20 Millwall fans who are 'larging it' in the stand. No thanks.
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]
    Why would I spend the whole day listing games where atmosphere has effected the players? That is plain stupid what you've just said.

I'm not suggesting you list hundreds of games where atmosphere has effected the players. I'm merely pointing out that 2 examples of games where a good atmosphere at The Valley has happened at the same time as a good performance does not prove that a good atmosphere causes the players to put in a better performance. I could just as easily argue that it's the other way around.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anoher typical charlton fans response, "give me two examples of when an atmosphere has changed games". I don;t believe that should matter, i like to sing for the Charlton name, what's on the pitch is secondary.

If you do want more than 2 examples here goes. Charlton v West Brom - Some of the loudest away fans i have seen at the Valley and they literally sucked earnshaws hat-rick into the net.

Liverpool fans at half time in istnabul, players still go on to this day (including oposition) how the fans singing at half time put shivers down there back.

Singing and making noise is more to put the oposition fans/player off, if you don't understand this then stick to the bovril.

Just annoys me when you hear boo's ringing out of these parts of the ground, what gives you the right to make noise when things AREN'T going well?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]Standing and singing is what seperates Football from other sports, and I believe we should keep it that way.

It's that passion exactly what makes this sport from a fans point of view.

It's why lack of it is ridiculed, same goes for attendances.