Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West stand, give us a song

Comments

• Options
    [cite]

Just annoys me when you hear boo's ringing out of these parts of the ground, what gives you the right to make noise when things AREN'T going well?

Now that is a great point! Nobody can argue with that. BOOOOOOOM!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I think I'm great

I agree

I like the cut of your jib IA - you respond positively everytime you post something you agree with. You're a true football fan.

Spot on, Off It. I am a true football fan.

Seriously, jazzyjazzy, BR7 and Andy, I'm a stander and singer when I can get to matches, but this constant attack on other people in other stands is tiring and based on lies. Every away ground you go to this season will be fairly quiet, and away fans almost always outsing home fans at every ground in the league, that's just the way it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yes your correct IA, but the difference is that at when home grounds around the country decide to make noise.... you can hear them! almost everybody joins in! that is our point, at The Valley only the north upper and maybe 20 % elsewhere joins in!
  • Options
    Booing our own players is the biggest waste of breath, the board know when things aren't going right.
    Granpas with bovrils booing at Brighton at home. "Parky out!" put your teeth back in and sip your bovril if that's the only noise you can make because it doesn't help anyone.

Francis at right back making cock-ups and sighs all around the ground, GET BEHIND THE BOYS and encourage!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CafcAndy, with the greatest respect, you seem so intent on slagging off Charlton fans that I am begining to wonder if you are on some sort of wind up.

Whilst I understand the points you are making - and have said so, it seems to me that if anyone puts forward a different view you stick in some sort of half arse "bovril" or "typical charlton" or "nobody" swipe type of comment. That or else someone must be in "the clique" for disagreeing.

For the last time. Nobody is disagreeing with you that the atmosphere could be better - as is the same at probably just about every other ground in the country. Just don't see why you have to keep going on about it as if your way is the only way and that there is "something wrong" with people who chose to support their club in a slightly different way to you. You get me?
  • Options
    i cant believe this thread has still got legs.

if another club reads this id be more embarrased by the comments from the supposed 'vocal north' than the west stand clan.
  • Options
    Actually 20%, what was I thinking, more like 5%
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In what way am i attacking them,just suggesting ways to make it better for the people in them certain areas in the North, West and East that do want to sing but are to embarrased to do so due to the funny looks they get.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Yes your correct IA, but the difference is that at when home grounds around the country decide to make noise.... you can hear them! almost everybody joins in! that is our point, at The Valley only the north upper and maybe 20 % elsewhere joins in!

That's not been my experience at any away game I've been to in League 1 (which is where we are). I've been to a fair collection of big boys and smaller clubs at this level, and all of them had a singing section with the rest of the ground moaning/shouting abuse/occasionally clapping.

I'll add to CafcAndy's examples: Peterborough away. Their singing section suddenly started singing in the second half nd they managed to bring the match back from 0-4 to 1-5.
  • Options
    So no, you don't get me then.

Ah well, I've tried. Someone else can have a go now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OohAhh on Twitter:

60% will stay the same, 25% will get worse, 10% will get better, 5% CafcAndy will sit in the West
  • Options
    As I have said, I have sat in the West stand a few times and the looks I used to get when I stand and sing were crazy. I honestly felt I was being naughty.
  • Options
    And using Millsmall as an indicator is well off the mark ... there have been a number of threads on their forums over the last few weeks where they are complaining about the lack of noise and atmosphere from their own fans.

It ain't just us ... it pisses me off as well but would seem to be the norm these days around most of the country.

Oh ... and slagging off our own fans is not the way forward ... why not be proactive and try to find a better way to address it?
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited December 2010
    Dan Roan on Twitter:

CafcAndy set to take over the West Stand. Full article shortly
    [/quote]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]CafcAndy, with the greatest respect, you seem so intent on slagging off Charlton fans that I am begining to wonder if you are on some sort of wind up.

Whilst I understand the points you are making - and have said so, it seems to me that if anyone puts forward a different view you stick in some sort of half arse "bovril" or "typical charlton" or "nobody" swipe type of comment. That or else someone must be in "the clique" for disagreeing.

For the last time. Nobody is disagreeing with you that the atmosphere could be better - as is the same at probably just about every other ground in the country. Just don't see why you have to keep going on about it as if your way is the only way and that there is "something wrong" with people who chose to support their club in a slightly different way to you. You get me?

When you hear boo's ringing out of all corners of the ground after drawing with Rovers, you have every right to have a pop at noise levels.

We have the fans to make our atmosphere decent but The Valley and it's people make this an embarasing thing to do unless your not North Upper. Don't see how anyone can argue this.

I was called worse things when i backed Parky and stated that we would win the next 3 games after Brighton, called clueless, wum, ect ect..So sorry if i don't take some of the cliques comments into consideration.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]And using Millsmall as an indicator is well off the mark ... there have been a number of threads on their forums over the last few weeks where they are complaining about the lack of noise and atmosphere from their own fans.

It ain't just us ... it pisses me off as well but would seem to be the norm these days around most of the country.

Oh ... and slagging off our own fans is not the way forward ... why not be proactive and try to find a better way to address it?

I think every way possible has been try'd to address it
  • Options
    For god sake, we are not wrong here. Even Parky put on the official website that we need a better atmosphere
  • Options
    And there he goes again. Not willing, or else completely unable, to take someone else's opinion into account.

Must be "the clique" - because that's an easy answer to everything.

Ta ta Andy - would like to say it's been nice listening to you. Would like to. Maybe next time we might even be able to have a reasoned discussion without resorting to stero-types. I mean, heaven forbid if someone called you a coin throwing neanderthal moron just because of where you sat in a football ground. Me, I'd never do that personally.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]For god sake, we are not wrong here. Even Parky put on the official website that we need a better atmosphere

I don't think anyone is doubting you are wrong, im just pissed of for the people who do want to create an atmosphere and are too scared to do so.

From a kid into my teens i sat in the west, and on the big occasions everyone would join in with songs ect. Got worse ever since.

The people who don't like to sing and shout seem to have something against the people that do, hence why you wont get much singing in these areas from the people that do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]For god sake, we are not wrong here. Even Parky put on the official website that we need a better atmosphere

its like arguing with a child!...read the comments. nobody is saying you are wrong, we know our home support isnt great. they are just saying that 'support' can be adopted in many ways, whether its singing for 90 minutes or sitting, watching the game and clapping/cheering when we score.

YOU WORRY ABOUT HOW YOU ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME.

fuckin hell its not rocket science.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

I don't think anyone is doubting you are wrong, im just pissed of for the people who do want to create an atmosphere and are too scared to do so.

From a kid into my teens i sat in the west, and on the big occasions everyone would join in with songs ect. Got worse ever since.

The people who don't like to sing and shout seem to have something against the people that do, hence why you wont get much singing in these areas from the people that do.

Absolutely, they must do - probably why those who don't sing and shout started a thread about it, yeah?
  • Options
    The solution to our atmosphere problem is to request the 1992 Valley back now we don't need the extra capacity! Simple.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]And there he goes again. Not willing, or else completely unable, to take someone else's opinion into account.

Must be "the clique" - because that's an easy answer to everything.

Ta ta Andy - would like to say it's been nice listening to you. Would like to. Maybe next time we might even be able to have a reasoned discussion without resorting to stero-types. I mean, heaven forbid if someone called you a coin throwing neanderthal moron just because of where you sat in a football ground. Me, I'd never do that personally.

Hypocricy at it's worst. Take a butch at the Parky out threads and reminise on some of your "arguments" towards other people.
  • Options
    And what exactly did I post on any of the "Parky Out" threads then Andy?

Go on, you've got me interested again now. I can't wait to hear this.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I can't wait to hear this.[/quote]

See this!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The East Ultras won't be in full voice for the Walsall match as I'll be with the prawn sarnie brigade in the West having a roast lunch and a bottle of the finest red with host Theo. And the seats in the west are padded! ;o)
  • Options
    look when the club put the top tier on the covered end they had designated area for singers ,the rest of the ground is not for singing or even rapid movement,understand this and your charlton supporting days will be better,do you not remember the leaflet outlining this?
  • Options
    cafc cafc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]I can't wait to hear this.

See this!

The poor fella must be furiously using the search facility looking for something that just isn't there - so he may be a while.

I'm waiting Andy - for you to either prove my "hypocrisy" or apologise.