Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boris' message to FIFA. Well its a start!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]blackheath common

The locals wouldnt take kindly to calling it a common.
    Its not common land, but there is a Blackheath Common in Surrey

but your idea of a mass brawl amongst people who all love Charlton would be interesting entertainment!

Mass brawl montana? how undignified!!!! Handbags at ten paces like a real gentleman ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Oh right.
    Thats the one that so far hasnt caught fire, increased accidents and been withdrawn early? (yet ;-)

Its expensive if only a few are built, and most of the excessive cost is in R and D
    If loads are made, then prices fall closer to the 200K a regualr bus costs.

And they are 15% more fuel efficient than even current hybrids, so over time they will of course, as fuel rises inexorably, shave more off the initial development costs.

But hey, lets ignore the other inconvenient successes.

By summer the new generation of the Countdown system will increase bus customers’ access to real-time information for all of the 19,000 bus stops and 700 routes in London via mobile phones and the internet. New Countdown signs will be installed at around 2,500 key bus stops.

On the Docklands Light Railway a total of 55 new carriages have been ordered, expanding trains from two to three cars and giving a 50 per cent capacity increase

Londoners on Job Seeker’s Allowance and the new Employment and Support Allowance now benefit from half price travel on the buses. This is to help people who have recently lost their jobs bounce back quickly, by being able to travel cheaply to interviews, and access libraries and job centres.

Overall crime on the Tube and DLR is down by 8%. Robbery is down by 29.2%, violent crime is down 2.6% and public disorder offences are down by 4.5%.

Knife crime is down by 30%. This reflects the success of Operation Blunt II - an intitiave by the police at the mayor's instigation to search for knoves which resulted in 27,000 searches and more than 500 knives being seized.

Well Boris has gone from buffoon to super hero. The best Mayor (out of 2 in 10 or so years) London has ever had.
  • Options
    Anyone who manages to wind up the red wedge fraternity effortlessly time and again is a top fella in my opinion ! Whilst the irony of this particular case in point may be lost on most, well done Sir Boris.
  • Options
    Yes agreed soapy. Interesting how the very mention of an old etonian gets them frothing at the mouth again after being so quiet for so long.
  • Options
    Poor old Boris, Jilted at the alter by the his gold digging fiancé who thought she'd get more riches out of love rival Sergey Sobyanin. Still, like any cheap chav, if he gets the ring back he might be able to flog it to the pawnbroker and get some of his money back. That'll show her.
  • Options
    was any of that worth reading between me saying he has got great hair and the stigster having it off with boris's bird

seems far too political this thread
  • Options
    hijacked mate
  • Options
    Yep why some of this lot ain't in parliament I dont know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Yep why some of this lot ain't in parliament I dont know

Didn't go to the right school.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Yep why some of this lot ain't in parliament I dont know

Touché. Or, as some tool on another forum I was on the other day put it: "Two Shay"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]

Touché. Or, as some tool on another forum I was on the other day put it: "Two Shay"

I see the comment "persay" quite a lot on internet forums which I presume is meant to be a phonetic spelling of "per se".
  • Options
    Obviously no student Grant marches today to ask the rest of us to pay their way through uni so the red wedge are having a dig at public school boys again, I would agree with that if they were consistent. Maybe they should look a bit closer to home.

I seem to recall Margaret Thatcher was a Grammar girl, wasn't John Major a state school pupil as well? I presume blair and brown and obviously miliband were state school educated too?
  • Options
    Ed Milliband was State educated, as were Thatcher and Major. I think Brown was also State educated and Blair was at Fettes, the Scottish Eton.

I don't know how many Old-Etonians you know, I've met a few and find them charming, affable people, comfortable with just about anyone no matter what their social or economic status. But also they have a born to rule streak in them - when the chips are down they'll look after other old Etonian types first.
  • Options
    And I should add that the biggest class warriors in the Uk are the aristocrats and those on the right of the political spectrum.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hmmmm

well the thought was there
  • Options
    BFR, care to explain how you feel the biggest class warriorsd are those on the right when all we have heard in the last year was disdain for boris, nick and (call me) daves public school backgrounds? I don't seem to recall such a shrieking girlie response to blairs fettes or gordies manse upbringing, perhaps the right hide their prejudices better than the left? Or the lefts public schooling is more righteous than maggie or major, or it is only an issue when a right politician is a prime minister? Don't seem to remember the right launching a class war backlash over fettes a few years back, maybe it was drowned out by the deafening silence of the trots at the time?

Give it up bfr, surely you don't believe that their is more class prejudice on the right? Have you even convinced yourself there is? I know you may get a few simple folk to believe you, but you are never going to foment a revolution amongst the working class with such a daft statement. Get back to uni and try again with your classics/meeja studying chums fighting the worthy cause.
  • Options
    thats alrite i will go there and let the fire alarms off and abuse the bald bastd everytime he comes out
  • Options
    Most of the politicians mentioned above went to uni and at a time when it was grants, not loans - it's called "pulling the drawbridge up" to do what the ConDems are doing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]BFR, care to explain how you feel the biggest class warriorsd are those on the right when all we have heard in the last year was disdain for boris, nick and (call me) daves public school backgrounds? I don't seem to recall such a shrieking girlie response to blairs fettes or gordies manse upbringing, perhaps the right hide their prejudices better than the left? Or the lefts public schooling is more righteous than maggie or major, or it is only an issue when a right politician is a prime minister? Don't seem to remember the right launching a class war backlash over fettes a few years back, maybe it was drowned out by the deafening silence of the trots at the time?

Give it up bfr, surely you don't believe that their is more class prejudice on the right? Have you even convinced yourself there is? I know you may get a few simple folk to believe you, but you are never going to foment a revolution amongst the working class with such a daft statement. Get back to uni and try again with your classics/meeja studying chums fighting the worthy cause.

So did you get to go to Eton? Presumably not, maybe your application was lost in the post or someone forgot to tell your parents to apply. Trust me the born to rule class rarely accept outsiders into the clique and when they graduate and get jobs in the upper echelons of the civil service, or become politicians, ambassadors and captains of industry their first rule is to look after the old school boy network, that's the way it always was and always will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Coming from a family of oirish immigrants, paid schooling was not an option, we all went to state schools and none of us wasted our time at uni, yet all my brothers and sisters did well in their careers.

You can see barriers to progress in your way as much as you like, the more you see them the harder they are to overcome. Or you can get off your arse and work hard and get on in life. Unfortunately too many people take the soft first option and end up bitter and twisted about the 'barriers' the elite put in their way.

The politics of the left are steeped in envy, quite sad really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Coming from a family of oirish immigrants, paid schooling was not an option, we all went to state schools and none of us wasted our time at uni
    When I were a lad I lived in't septic tank in't middle o't road
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Coming from a family of oirish immigrants, paid schooling was not an option, we all went to state schools and none of us wasted our time at uni
    When I were a lad I lived in't septic tank in't middle o't road

Luxury, we had it hard.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Coming from a family of oirish immigrants, paid schooling was not an option, we all went to state schools and none of us wasted our time at uni, yet all my brothers and sisters did well in their careers.

You can see barriers to progress in your way as much as you like, the more you see them the harder they are to overcome. Or you can get off your arse and work hard and get on in life. Unfortunately too many people take the soft first option and end up bitter and twisted about the 'barriers' the elite put in their way.

The politics of the left are steeped in envy, quite sad really.[/quote]

what a fantastic post after a lot of bollocks written on here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Coming from a family of oirish immigrants, paid schooling was not an option, we all went to state schools and none of us wasted our time at uni, yet all my brothers and sisters did well in their careers.

What a complete irrelevance to the argument you were having with BFR about upper class consciousness. Still, if you're losing it's always worth changing tack and hoping that no-one notices.

As it happens, I think you are exactly right when you say "the more you see them [barriers] the harder they are to overcome'. The thing is though public school types are systematically taught to overcome any barriers, because it's their inalienable right to be in control. You don't get that sort of education or peer support at the local comprehensive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Coming from a family of oirish immigrants, paid schooling was not an option, we all went to state schools and none of us wasted our time at uni, yet all my brothers and sisters did well in their careers.

You can choose to ignore the barriers if you like, but they do exist. I'm not having a go, but I'd be interested to know what careers your brothers and sisters followed so successfully. In certain careers it won't matter, but I can tell you from first hand experience that it does matter if you want to get to the highest levels in the City.

My leftist leanings have nothing to do with envy and everything to do with wanting a fairer society.
  • Options

Come on then sport, please illuminate us with what esteemed profession it is that you pursue so we can all admire your wonderful achievements and the "barriers" you have overcome to get there.....I am dying to know.

I was brought up on a council estate in Lewisham and now at 37 years old I own a massive waterfront house, earn a very decent income, pay the top-rate of tax and am firmly left of center, always have been and always will be.

I am not "envious" of anybody that has genuinely earned their money through graft because those people are crucial to our society.

However, I cannot abide the Wall Street types who in Bill Clinton's perfect phrase "make money by making money" or the trust-fund dunces that proliferate the upper-echeleons of society, neither contribute anything productive.
  • Options
    anyway back to the thread WELL DONE BORIS ME OLD MUCKER
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Come on then sport, please illuminate us with what esteemed profession it is that you pursue so we can all admire your wonderful achievements and the "barriers" you have overcome to get there.....I am dying to know.

...I own a massive waterfront house, earn a very decent income...

How F'ing rude Bormiston. Enjoy that big house - knob.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

...I own a massive waterfront house, earn a very decent income...

How F'ing rude Bormiston. Enjoy that big house - knob.

I will thanks, probably go for a quick dip in the pool soon too.

How is life on the Ferrier these days?
  • Options
    A thread on Boris Johnson not giving them free stay in a top hotel and you don't expect politics to come into the equation? If you can't see and question this sad and pathetic attempt then i guess your just a sheep.

I guess that comment is not allowed though so forget that and lets stay on topic..WELLL DONE BORRRISSS!