Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dennis wise to be director of football

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]wasn't wise involved in signing a couple of pony players for newcastle who were playing in the lower leagues of spain or somewhere on 1-2k a week and then they were earning 20k a week with their newcastle contracts but they only received a bit more than their previous salaries and the rest was divvied up elsewhere
    I think a lot of the English press/talk spurt/Kevvie Keegle whining as around this, but did two of them not turn out to be Newcastle's best players (Gutierez and Colluccini) who played for Argentina at national level? I think the minnows that our journalists had barely heard of were Deportivo (the Gallician one) and Valencia.

I've no doubt there is some truth behind the things that have been said & written about Dennis Wise over the years but, as with all things media, there is bound to have been a fair amount of exageration and mis-information in the quest for a good story. There's always two sides to every story and no one on here even knows the full story from one side, left alone both.

Based on his reputation Wise wouldn't be my first choice of man to bring into the club's hierachy, but plenty of people's reputations prove to be untrue when you actually meet them. If he comes in, I'll be taking Wise as I find him and it'll be up to him to show he's not such a bad guy after all.
  • Options
    Was Mr Wise (or anyone Ref: "TAKEOVER"tm) mentioned in Yesterdays Program ?
  • Options
    To be honest who ever comes in as long as they can improve things for Charlton Athletic as a whole then i don't care who takes us over (Unless it was Simon Jordan but thats highly unlikely).
  • Options
    i hope we will know over the 3 days in between xmas and newyear

just a guess reading inbetween the lines of the quote from the club and a few conversations had over xmas

i think once the working week gets back to normal we will hear.

i wouldnt be surprised if it is not until the new year though either.

not really worried as i truely believe that if it had failed we wouldve def known by now
  • Options
    I once had a boss who delayed giving me bad news (I was being made redundant due to the bad economy) so that i could at least enjoy Christmas. So maybe we should all relax and enjoy the festivities for a few days.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]i may have missed something over the last few years take over threads. i know wise's name has come up a lot, but what i'm unclear about is his links to charlton? is he a third generation supporter or did he feature in the junior reds under 7's or something, or is he just a powerhouse in football club management that has remained under wraps?[/quote]

He looks like he could get a game for the under 7s being the size he is
  • Options
    If wise is involved as some people have suggested before.and then been bared from
    The site I would be very careful about mentioning his name on here. So I might as well say what i think before I get barred. Wise would mean one thing for this club and that would be bad news. And are people forgetting who is fronting the supposed consortium . I hope it is not true but if it is be prepared for a change of manager within a month no matter what parky does. if people are happy to talk about wise on here I feel everyone should be able to and not just the people who are seemed to be in the chosen few. Forums are all about freedom of speech and freedom to post what you want as long as it is not offencive to anyone .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]If wise is involved as some people have suggested before.and then been bared from
    The site I would be very careful about mentioning his name on here. So I might as well say what i think before I get barred. Wise would mean one thing for this club and that would be bad news. And are people forgetting who is fronting the supposed consortium . I hope it is not true but if it is be prepared for a change of manager within a month no matter what parky does. if people are happy to talk about wise on here I feel everyone should be able to and not just the people who are seemed to be in the chosen few. Forums are all about freedom of speech and freedom to post what you want as long as it is not offencive to anyone .[/quote]

You what ?
  • Options
    Who on earth has been barred from mentioning Wise? I know I have and I am certainly not one of the chosen few whoever they are !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]If wise is involved as some people have suggested before.and then been bared from
    The site I would be very careful about mentioning his name on here. So I might as well say what i think before I get barred. Wise would mean one thing for this club and that would be bad news. And are people forgetting who is fronting the supposed consortium . I hope it is not true but if it is be prepared for a change of manager within a month no matter what parky does. if people are happy to talk about wise on here I feel everyone should be able to and not just the people who are seemed to be in the chosen few. Forums are all about freedom of speech and freedom to post what you want as long as it is not offencive to anyone .

What was that all about?

Why would people get barred for talking about Wise?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]If wise is involved as some people have suggested before.and then been bared from

What was that all about?

Why would people get barred for talking about Wise?

Read more carefully. No one was barred: they were, we are told, bared, which is quite another thing. If this is true, I think we are all entitled to demand answers from the disgusting clique of perverts who control this site. ;-)
  • Options
    I'm glad you understood it Gilbert!
  • Options
    I'm always intrigued as to who itsmyball is from some of his previous comments. Interesting character.

One day will crack their identity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I'm always intrigued as to who itsmyball is from some of his previous comments. Interesting character.

One day will crack their identity.

Not before he has cracked imho.
  • Options
    Itsmyball is Dennis Wise. FACT. Am I now barred, bared or bored. I demand to know.
  • Options
    Sounds like he has already cracked. Strange comment
  • Options
    SHG you maybe barred, you maybe bored but please don't be bared!
  • Options
    Itsmyball sounds familiar

How's the book coming along fella?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dennis Wise was at the Valley today. That is a fact.
  • Options
    please tell andy.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Dennis Wise was at the Valley today. That is a fact.[/quote]

where u there?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]please tell andy.[/quote]

Wise was at the Valley today.
  • Options
    Seen with my own eyes, along with about 2 others that sharply came out from the superstore area.
  • Options
    thanks mate .
  • Options
    Superstore open today was it?
  • Options
    Probably after a kit
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This thread is no better than any of the other takeover threads!

We have today heard Henry Irving and NLA claiming with 100 per cent certainty that Wise is not involved.

And we also have CAFC Andy reporting a first-hand sighting of the man at the Valley.

Who do we believe?

Andy, are you 100 per cent certain it was him ?

Because if Wise truly was at the Valley on a non-match day/bank hol. two days after Xmas, then that's proof enough for me that he is involved, despite the ''I'm in the loop and I know he isn't' assurances of other esteemed and respected posters.
  • Options
    time for people to put their money where their mouths are and stop spouting shit