Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs v Charlton FA Cup tie

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
The FA Cup tie between Spurs and Charlton has now completely SOLD OUT, which is obviously good news for Charlton Athletic in terms of a financial windfall etc.

See link below ......

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticketinfo_latest.html

Comments

• Options
    If spurs can sell out for a fixture as shit as this their ground is too small for them, are they definitely building a new ground? Capacity? Where?
    Although they might just wanna see spurs score ten
    Anything under 5 for spurs will be a result for us if they play their first team
    The only chance we'll have is if they play a few rusty stiffs

A few more quid into the charlton coffers won't hurt , just hope we get thru the tie without any serious injuries, maybe we should play our 2nd string !
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]If spurs can sell out for a fixture as shit as this their ground is too small for them, are they definitely building a new ground? Capacity? Where?
    Anything under 5 for spurs will be a result for us if they play their first team

A few more quid into the charlton coffers won't hurt , just hope we get thru the tie without any serious injuries, maybe we should play our 2nd string !

Spurs are definitely going to build a bigger ground, and it will almost certainly be where our current ground is at WHL, I think that the Olympic stadium bid is a bluff to get some public regeneration money to put towards the new WHL stadium, Spurs have already spent well over £70m buying up land (20 acres) and property next to WHL over the last 5 or 6 years, so taking the Olympic stadium option now, would be a huge uturn on Tottenham's part and one that they hopefully wont make.

Spurs currently have over 36,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, a waiting list that our fans have to pay a yearly fee to remain on, Spurs also have getting on for 100,000 club members, our Premiership games are often sold out months before they are due to be played , so there is a real need for a new and bigger stadium at WHL.

Below is the proposed new 56,250 capacity stadium at WHL.

2jfkck4.jpg

Below is why Spurs definitely need a bigger capacity stadium.

2v7tils.jpg

As for the game itself, Spurs wont play their strongest side, it will be a mixture of regular first team players fringe players and perhaps a couple of youngsters etc, and because of that Charlton will have some chance of causing an upset, I think that Spurs will get through but stranger things have happened in the past, good luck for the rest of the season to Charlton anyway.
  • Options
    They still haven't made a decision on the 3 current options; Stratford (no chance), new ground near WHL and redevelop WHL.
  • Options
    I actually didn't think they would sell out to us. But as many say, it's becuase they cant wait to score 5+ goals against us. I really hope we can get a draw out of this and bring them back to The Valley!
  • Options
    I think their plans involve ripping down WHL and rotating the pitch 90 degrees for more space. Will be a shame to see the old ground go for yet another bowl stadium.
  • Options
    I thought they'd sell out....especially with the relatively low ticket price. Say what you like about Spurs but their support is VERY committed and they also know that their club take cup matches seriously. If they had a ground similar to Arsenal's, they'd get 55-60,000 crowds for league matches without any bother....especially to watch their current team. Their supporters have always seemed to give their old boys a good welcome when they've come back with Charlton....Crooks, Miller and Young.

PS: If we got a draw, do people think we would sell out a replay or have we lost those Premier League fans forever?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoughtonSpurz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]If spurs can sell out for a fixture as shit as this their ground is too small for them, are they definitely building a new ground? Capacity? Where?

Spurs are definitely going to build a bigger ground, and it will almost certainly be where our current ground is at WHL, I think that the Olympic stadium bid is a bluff to get some public regeneration money to put towards the new WHL stadium, Spurs have already spent well over £70m buying up land (20 acres) and property next to WHL over the last 5 or 6 years, so taking the Olympic stadium option now, would be a huge uturn on Tottenham's part and one that they hopefully wont make.

Spurs currently have over 36,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, a waiting list that our fans have to pay a yearly fee to remain on, Spurs also have getting on for 100,000 club members, our Premiership games are often sold out months before they are due to be played , so there is a real need for a new and bigger stadium at WHL.

Below is the proposed new 56,250 capacity stadium at WHL.

2jfkck4.jpg

Below is why Spurs definitely need a bigger capacity stadium.

2v7tils.jpg

As for the game itself, Spurs wont play their strongest side, it will be a mixture of regular first team players fringe players and perhaps a couple of youngsters etc, and because of that Charlton will have some chance of causing an upset, I think that Spurs will get through but stranger things have happened in the past, good luck for the rest of the season to Charlton anyway.

Anyone else think that artists impression of the new ground looks quite simular to arsenals emirates stadium in the way the upper tier goes up and down in a 'saddleback' style?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]I thought they'd sell out....especially with the relatively low ticket price. Say what you like about Spurs but their support is VERY committed and they also know that their club take cup matches seriously. If they had a ground similar to Arsenal's, they'd get 55-60,000 crowds for league matches without any bother....especially to watch their current team. Their supporters have always seemed to give their old boys a good welcome when they've come back with Charlton....Crooks, Miller and Young.

PS: If we got a draw, do people think we would sell out a replay or have we lost those Premier League fans forever?

I would guess we would sell out The Valley no problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]I thought they'd sell out....especially with the relatively low ticket price. Say what you like about Spurs but their support is VERY committed and they also know that their club take cup matches seriously. If they had a ground similar to Arsenal's, they'd get 55-60,000 crowds for league matches without any bother....especially to watch their current team. Their supporters have always seemed to give their old boys a good welcome when they've come back with Charlton....Crooks, Miller and Young.

I would guess we would sell out The Valley no problem.
    I reckon it would be a simular sort of attendance to the swindon playoff game. I wonder what would happen with away allocation in that situation as any premier league london team would sell out for a local(ish) away game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benfica had the design first, their ground is 65k, the largest of the 3 identi-kit bowls.
    800px-LuzLissabon.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: J-Block Hig[/cite]
    I reckon it would be a simular sort of attendance to the swindon playoff game. I wonder what would happen with away allocation in that situation as any premier league london team would sell out for a local(ish) away game.

Fulham wouldn't even bring 1000.
  • Options
    I reckon we'll sell out Spurs at home, but probably not to Charlton fans!
  • Options
    I don't think we'd sell out a replay (especially if it were on the box). Most of those additional Charlton fans have lost their appetite....especially for FA Cup football. Reckon Spurs would sell their allocation and get quite a few in other areas and the crowd would be about 24-25k.
  • Options
    We would sell out at home no problem.
  • Options
    I can't believe we're talking about a replay!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Benfica had the design first, their ground is 65k, the largest of the 3 identi-kit bowls.
    800px-LuzLissabon.jpg

I think Benfica's and Arsenals' grounds were designed by the same company, HOK sport, maybe they are also doing the design for spurs new ground.
  • Options
    20% we get properly stuffed (5 or more goals against us) 79% routine 1-4 goal defeat 1% chance of a replay 0% we go thru with a win at spurs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoughtonSpurz[/cite]The FA Cup tie between Spurs and Charlton has now completely SOLD OUT, which is obviously good news for Charlton Athletic in terms of a financial windfall etc.

See link below ......

not entirely true they are sold out but available on "other" websites
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I reckon we'll sell out Spurs at home, but probably not to Charlton fans!

All due respect , thats complete twaddle mate. we would sell out to home fans in no time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I can't believe we're talking about a replay!

Yeh, Spurs have got no chance against us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I can't believe we're talking about a replay!

agreed. I've got a feeling we are going to do them 2-1 after being a goal down on 80 minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LoughtonSpurz[/cite]The FA Cup tie between Spurs and Charlton has now completely SOLD OUT, which is obviously good news for Charlton Athletic in terms of a financial windfall etc.

See link below ......

Spuds site also says they've got tickets left if you click through:
    Correct at 14:15 on Thursday
  • Options
    We'll probably get smashed but we weren't in much better shape back in 1985 when we played out of our skins and nearly won (Flanagan grazed the post with about 5 to go.....). Remember hearing the 3rd round draw on the train coming back from Oxford United....having just been annihilated 5-0 and everyone was talking about losing by a cricket score but it didn't happen. It's the FA Cup and a while since WE'VE been the underdog....anything can happen.
  • Options
    If we keep it down to single figures it is definitely a moral victory, if we score any sort of goal then I reckon Spurs should concede the tie to us.
  • Options
    I remember the days when any fixture against Spurs was almost as good as points in the bank! The FA Cup game obviously sees us in different circumstances than those halycon days and Spurs are naturally favourites to win but hopefully our boys will summon up some real Charlton spirit and let them know they've been in a game, if we do that and keep it respectable that is fine by me as this is the best Spurs team for years. If they think that just turning up is enough then hopefully we can pull off something and give them a game like Leeds managed last year- as for the cash--we deserve it!
  • Options
    That picture of the proposed Spurs ground looks impressive, and "The Naming Rights Stadium" has such an appropriate ring to it.
  • Options
    To even things up a bit, Spurs should be forced to play one touch only, any more and they have to give the ball back to us. All their left sided players should be made to wear blindfolds (whoever plays left wing would still get past Francis). Only their players with an 'X' in their surname can score & Redknapp should co-manage us for the day............with Pepe Guardiola.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

See link below ......

Private sellers, so the club will have sold all of its tickets, maximum income for us!

It's crazy that such blatent touting is legal.