Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs v Charlton FA Cup tie

Comments

• Options
    Oi Loughton, this place isnt big enough for the two of us ;-)

I'm not going to go into the whole stay in N17 / move to Stratford thing on here as I dont want to bore those that dont give a fcuk but I think its far from decided what route the club will take. Why would AEG come into the bidding for the Olypmic Stadium with Spurs if they thought Spurs werent being serious about it? From a personal point of view, there are many for and againsts staying or moving. I'm currently less than 2000 places on the waiting list for a season ticket (the last time I looked) so I just hope they bloody hurry up and decide.

As for the Cup Game, I really do think it will be a lot closer than everyone seems to think it will be. Not meaning this in anyway disrepectful to Charlton, I really cant see them coming to WHL and trying to play football as we'll destroy them. I would have thought they'll do what Hull, Stoke and Wolves done last season and Wigan this. Turn up, park the bus, defend in numbers and be well organised and hit us on the break. We really do tend to struggle breaking teams down like that...and to think Harry could rest Modric, in my opinion the greatest centre-mid we've had since the days of Gazza and Hoddle, vdV, Bale, Lennon and co concerns me. At least we can assume Defoe will definitely play now given his 3 match ban comes to an end for the Everton game on the Wednesday beforehand.

Hopefully, Harry will take the FA Cup just as seriously as last season. Hopefully, the players will treat this 3rd round game in a better mindset than last years semi when we turned up at Wembley expecting to turn Pompey over.
  • Options
    Stratford will never happen, it's just a pawn that Tottenham are using to get what they want out of Haringey coucil.

As for the game, I think it will be tighter than expected but still fully expect to lose by 2 goals. If what your saying about a full strength side is true then some of the matchups scare the hell out of me. Gareth Bale vs Simon 'oh for f**k sake' Francis, Jermaine Defoe and Rafael van der Vaart vs the old guard of Doherty / Dailly, oh boy.
  • Options
    "J-Block Hig wrote: I think their plans involve ripping down WHL and rotating the pitch 90 degrees for more space. Will be a shame to see the old ground go for yet another bowl stadium."

I think the latest plan is to build the new stadium just north of White Hart Lane while still using the old one then take down the Paxton Road stand to complete the bowl.

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Stratford will never happen, it's just a pawn that Tottenham are using to get what they want out of Haringey coucil.

Unfortunately, I dont think it is. It appears Levy and the ENIC board are keen to sell Tottenham. Would Tottenham be more valuable to ENIC are preferred Olympic Stadium site bidder status or with the granted planning permission for the NPDP in N17? Think the answer to that is pretty obvious. Then thats not even taking into consideration the arguments with TfL over funding the redevelopment of WHL/NP/Seven Sisters/Tottenham Hale, the arguments over the S106 with Haringey Council....which goes on and on.
  • Options
    I thought Haringey Council was extremely pro Spurs as there is fuck all going on in the borough! John's right about Spurs being more valuable in the Olympic stadium then in Tottenham, the situation is more complex than it seems.
  • Options
    Will The Doc get a heros welcome on his return to WHL?
  • Options
    Seems as if the move to Stratford was just a back up plan incase the stadium got rejected in North London.
    Even though it could be unlikely that will happen it seems odd .Why would Spurs give the Woolwich rejects so much hassle for moving onto their patch when technically they would be doing that to West Ham themselves.
  • Options
    does anyone know where we can park at spurs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Will The Doc get a heros welcome on his return to WHL?

I wouldnt have thought he'd get a hero's return like Paul Robinson gets whenever he comes back to WHL but he'll get a very polite round of applause. Not so sure Johnnie Jackson will get the same treatment now he's admitted to being a gooner.
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Seems as if the move to Stratford was just a back up plan incase the stadium got rejected in North London.
    Even though it could be unlikely that will happen it seems odd .Why would Spurs give the Woolwich rejects so much hassle for moving onto their patch when technically they would be doing that to West Ham themselves.

Despite the club statement not so long ago insisting that no decision has been made, those that have close contact with Levy and the Tottenham board see it differently. It may have escaped everyone's notice but in the last 6 months, two former members of the Olympic bid team have found themselves on the Tottenham board. Why do you think Levy is keen to bring Beckham to WHL? (Depsite the press only getting a sniff of this in the last couple of days, Levy has been talking to Beckham's representatives for months to get him in on loan and was a done deal a few weeks ago). Too much doesnt stack up for purely a back up plan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Potentially this game could be D-Becks return to English football :-O
  • Options
    Plenty of parking available in front of our goal - buses and HGV's particularly welcome.
  • Options
    If Bale and Lennon play then I think I'll just close my eyes for 90 mins, either that or have about 8 pints very quickly from 11am...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite] either that or have about 8 pints very quickly from 11am...

Was planning on doing that anyway!
  • Options
    well yeah so was I....
  • Options
    where are people drinking? tottenham not known for pubs
  • Options
    Liverpool Street area probably.

Might see if Browns is open.
  • Options
    browns the strippers
  • Options
    aye. fancy a bit of that nol?
  • Options
    might have to park the missus somewhere first
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Seems as if the move to Stratford was just a back up plan incase the stadium got rejected in North London.

Despite the club statement not so long ago insisting that no decision has been made, those that have close contact with Levy and the Tottenham board see it differently. It may have escaped everyone's notice but in the last 6 months, two former members of the Olympic bid team have found themselves on the Tottenham board. Why do you think Levy is keen to bring Beckham to WHL? (Depsite the press only getting a sniff of this in the last couple of days, Levy has been talking to Beckham's representatives for months to get him in on loan and was a done deal a few weeks ago). Too much doesnt stack up for purely a back up plan.

Would the move to Stratford kill Tottenham in some respects? Moving away from their area, moving to a west ham area, completely new pubs to find, etc plus of course all the possible associated problems with spurs drinking in stratford as west ham return from away games etc.

Seems madness. Much rather see you redevelop WHL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Liverpool Street area probably.

What time does the Hamilton Hall start serving? It opens at 7.00am apparently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Boom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Liverpool Street area probably.

What time does the Hamilton Hall start serving? It opens at 7.00am apparently.

Excellent! Couple of tins for the journey and we'll get there for 7am then!
  • Options
    ha ha 7am is stronging it
  • Options
    Damn - Browns is shut on Sundays. The Griffin too.

Might have to venture to The Axe.
  • Options
    used to love that place
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]

Would the move to Stratford kill Tottenham in some respects? Moving away from their area, moving to a west ham area, completely new pubs to find, etc plus of course all the possible associated problems with spurs drinking in stratford as west ham return from away games etc.

Seems madness. Much rather see you redevelop WHL.

Exactly. So would I.
  • Options
    Anyone know if this is on TV?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Anyone know if this is on TV?

it's not on any of the 'normal' footballing channels , maybe available on a moody feed from somewhere cos it might be shown abroad
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/01/david-beckham-tottenham?

Would be good to see beckham as he is a english legend :)