Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is up with Chelsea?

There is a lot going on at Charlton at the moment and emotions are running wild. I am married to a Chelsea supporter and remember the emotions he went through during the take over and inevitable success that followed. But what has happened to them? Has Abramovich lost all interest? Why sack Mourinho, the most successful manager they had in 50 years after a couple of mediocre performances, yet Ancelotti is still sitting strong with one win in last 9 league games? Any theories on why with all the money behind them this form is allowed to continue? I think Abramovich is going to pull out his investment so don't care anymore.

Makes me worry about our future at Charlton a bit too I must say.

Comments

• Options
    wilkins
  • Options
    I heard a rumour that Ancelotti is about to be fired.

Phil Parkinson is to be appointed there to steady the ship and bring in much needed stability.

You heard it here first!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]wilkins

Agreed. His time there ruined Chelsea. Never has there been a more boring, uninspiring man in football. He should have gone years ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Agreed. His time there ruined Chelsea. Never has there been a more boring, uninspiring man in football. He should have gone years ago.
    Completely agree. They've been so much better since Wilkins left.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Completely agree. They've been so much better since Wilkins left.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I heard a rumour that Ancelotti is about to be fired.

Phil Parkinson is to be appointed there to steady the ship and bring in much needed stability.

You heard it here first!

I'd be surprised if this was true

Parky can do better
  • Options
    At the start of the season they looked like they were going to run away with the title. Guess age has finally caught up with some of them.
  • Options
    Put it partly down to dear old Roman stepping in as Bertie Big Bollocks and sacking Ray Wilkins - a very popular and well respected man at the club - simply because Wilkins stood up to him in a row they had last year when Chelsea got knocked out of the CL.

Abrahmovich sacked Wilkins to show that he was the one running the show, look at the way that the decision was made, Ancellotti was given no choice or say in the matter whatsoever - how humiliating must that be for him?

Chelsea always go off the rails when Roman starts interfering, they suffered their last big dip when Roman showed his muscles when sacking their best ever manager, Jose Mourinho, and Ancellotti had begun to get them back on track.

They have had injuries and their squad is thin but the sacking of Wilkins, a crucial link between the English core players and the Italian coaching staff, seriously put the noses out of joint of their big hitters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]At the start of the season they looked like they were going to run away with the title. Guess age has finally caught up with some of them.

Thing is you have to play everyone twice in the league. if you play 3 or 4 of the weaker teams early on suddenly you look good. The only table that counts is the one at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Why is Wilkins suddenley some sort of God?

His record as Manager/Ass. Manager or coach is simply appalling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Why is Wilkins suddenley some sort of God?

His record as Manager/Ass. Manager or coach is simply appalling.

He is not a God by any means but the reporters on the Sky show "Sunday Supplement" were all saying that Wilkins was a very influential figure at Chelsea and linked the England big guns with the Italian coaching staff.

The big name players, especially Terry, who we know is hugely influential at the club, were apparently furious about the way he was sacked in such a humiliating way.
  • Options
    Lol! Sunday Supplement on Sky!!!!

My word if you take anything from that programme apart from humour then you need help.

The awful hacks, Winter, Barclay, etc etc who appear on this are just sycophants who are so far up the arse of the likes of Wenger, Terry, Gerrard etc you cannot take anything they say seriously.

Ray Wilkins - Look at the facts. He has had loads and loads of jobs in football and has basically failed miserably. All of a sudden him leaving Chelsea is the reason why last year’s Double winners are sh1te this season. Crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Lol! Sunday Supplement on Sky!!!!

My word if you take anything from that programme apart from humour then you need help.

The awful hacks, Winter, Barclay, etc etc who appear on this are just sycophants who are so far up the arse of the likes of Wenger, Terry, Gerrard etc you cannot take anything they say seriously.

Ray Wilkins - Look at the facts. He has had loads and loads of jobs in football and has basically failed miserably. All of a sudden him leaving Chelsea is the reason why last year’s Double winners are sh1te this season. Crap.

Reasonable as usual Chirpy....:)

They may be hacks but fact is that all of them, especially Shaun Custis of The Sun, has a direct line into Terry and his management, that's where this line about Wilkins came from.

I would venture that they probably know more about the situation than you do.
  • Options
    Well you've summed it up perfectly. A direct line into John Terry!

Do you really think John Terry knows a good coach/Ass Manager etc from a bad one?

John Terry knows nothing.

John Terry is a high profile footballer. Captain of Chelsea and was captain of England. So if you want to keep your job as coach what do you do? Exactly, get up John Terry's backside. It's not rocket science is it?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well you've summed it up perfectly. A direct line into John Terry!

Do you really think John Terry knows a good coach/Ass Manager etc from a bad one?

John Terry knows nothing.

John Terry is a high profile footballer. Captain of Chelsea and was captain of England. So if you want to keep your job as coach what do you do? Exactly, get up John Terry's backside. It's not rocket science is it?

You're right there, John Terry is a complete twat, nobody is doubting that.

The point is though that he is a very, very influential twat at Chelsea Football Club and he is the dominant force on the playing side. Anyone who knows anything about Chelsea will tell you that.

His nose was apparently put very much out of joint by his mate's sacking and that might help explain, at least in part, as to why Chelsea have collapsed since Wilkins left the club.

Its not the only reason but it looks like it might well have played a part, not because Wilkins was a master coach but because his sacking upset a lot of key people on the playing staff.
  • Options
    They let the likes of Ballack, Beletti, Deco, Carvalho and even Joe Cole (despite him being a bit rubbish for the last 2 seasons) go without replacing them. No wonder they're now struggling. Most of the first XI are out of form and noone to replace them with.

Teams have also sussed ways to counter Chelsea's system. If you pin back their full backs, Malouda and Anelka/Kalou (whoever normally plays on the right flank) get nullified easier.
  • Options
    My Husband also says that it's because Wilkins was sacked, he said that the rest of the team and staff are 'unsettled'. But I don't buy it, a few games sure, but that team has more worth (money wise) sitting on the bench than what what most clubs have in their whole squad. So after 11 games of under-perfoming (9 leauge) surely someone should have stepped up and put things right. I still think that Abramovich has lost interest in the club and he is going to pull out his finances and concentrate on the world cup in Russia, hence why he isn't putting up any more cash...
  • Options
    that ramires is pony
  • Options
    its great to see them getting beat, long may it continue
  • Options
    794dbcaa5a.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Abramovich out?

Hilarious
  • Options
    Wind up from other fans i suspect
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Abramovich out?

Hilarious
    None of you are fit to wear the shit!!!

This team won the double last season, surely this couldn't have been done by a Chelsea fan?
  • Options
    is that for real if he did pull out they'll probably go bust. I suppose it'll teach them for burning those £5 notes in the stands.
  • Options
    was speaking to a Chelski fan today. Roman has stopped investing in players, they used to have 2 top quality players for every position and now they have unheard of players on the bench. Abramovich will be wrapped up in the Russia world cup for the next few years and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    To be fair to Roman, he made it quite clear a number of years ago that the Club would have to fund itself through buying and selling players and would have to rely on the products of the Accademy that he had also invested millions in.

Nice idea but doesn't really work 100% does it?

Once again for those who missed it earleir......

To suggest any correlation between Chelsea's slump and the departure of Butch Wilkins is totally ridiculous.
  • Options
    It’s got to be the worst run of form Chelsea fans have experienced since they supported Fulham !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]It’s got to be the worst run of form Chelsea fans have experienced since they supported Fulham !

quality!
  • Options
    Long may their demise continue. Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Long may their demise continue. Couldnt happen to a nicer bunch.

Agreed, break open the Cava.